Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

GOP House Committee Roasted For Clueless Twitter Warning After FBI's Mar-A-Lago Raid

GOP House Committee Roasted For Clueless Twitter Warning After FBI's Mar-A-Lago Raid
Brandon Bell/Getty Images

The official Twitter account of the Republican members of the House Judiciary Committee endured an online roasting after issuing a Twitter warning in the wake of former Republican President Donald Trump's announcement that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) raided his Mar-a-Lago estate and "even broke into my safe!"

People criticized the account, which is overseen by prominent Trump acolyte and Ohio Republican Representative Jim Jordan, for suggesting that if the FBI can execute a search warrant on "a former President, imagine what they can do to you."


You can see the tweet below.

Why the FBI raided Trump's home is still murky, though The New York Times reported the search was related to classified documents Trump brought with him to Mar-a-Lago after leaving the White House.

Trump released an official statement to decry the search, which comes as the Department of Justice (DOJ) ramps up its investigation into Trump's actions on January 6, 2021, the day a White nationalist led mob of his supporters attacked the United States Capitol on the false premise the 2020 general election had been stolen.

Ultimately, most people were quick to call out Republicans for downplaying the significance of the event and for making excuses for Trump's decision to ignore the law and abscond with classified documents.


Earlier this year, there were reports that while in office, Trump regularly tore up documents and memos after reading them and even flushed some papers down the toilet.

Those reports were preceded by news that The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) had retrieved from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate White House record boxes containing important communication records, gifts, and letters from world leaders.

A source who spoke to The Washington Post said that the transfer to Mar-a-Lago was “out of the ordinary … NARA has never had that kind of volume transfer after the fact like this.”

The Washington Post noted that the recovery of materials has “raised new concerns” about adherence to the Presidential Records Act, legislation governing the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents created or received after January 20, 1981, and mandating the preservation of all presidential records.

Trump’s advisers have denied that there was any “nefarious intent.” The National Archives declined to comment at the time but has since asked the DOJ to investigate Trump's handling of White House records.

More from People/donald-trump

Randy Fine
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Hit With Instant Backlash After Tweeting Truly Vile Post About Muslims And Dogs

Florida Republican Representative Randy Fine is facing harsh criticism after publishing a bigoted tweet that draws a comparison between Muslim people and dogs.

Fine said he was reacting to an online post from Palestinian American activist Nerdeen Kiswani, who wrote that dogs belonged in society but not inside homes, calling them unclean. Kiswani later told NBC News the remark was satirical and part of a local New York debate about dog waste following a recent snowstorm.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hillary Clinton; Donald Trump
Alex Wong/Getty Images; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Hillary Clinton Epically Calls Out 'Disgraceful' Trump For Working With Putin Against Ukraine: 'He Has Betrayed The West'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticized President Donald Trump and his administration during an exchange at the Munich Security Conference over the weekend, saying Trump has "betrayed the West" with his "disgraceful" handling of Ukraine.

In particular, Clinton called out Trump's often deferential attitude toward Russian President Vladimir Putin, who invaded Ukraine in a "special military operation" in 2022. Clinton said that not only are Putin and Trump "profiting" off Ukrainian "misery," Trump is also looking to Putin as a "model" of what a leader can be, effectively betraying Western values.

Keep ReadingShow less
Miss J. Alexander; Tyra Banks
Netflix; Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

Fans Upset After 'America's Next Top Model' Favorite J. Alexander Reveals Tyra Banks Didn't Visit Him After His Stroke In 2022

Tyra Banks wanted to share her side of the story and do some big reveals in the Netflix docuseries Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model, but if she was hoping the docuseries would improve her image to the public, she was sadly mistaken.

Past model contestants have already gone public about their time on the show, but now, people from behind the scenes, like one of the show's photographers and judges, Nigel Barker, the creative director, Jay Manuel, and judge and runway coach Miss J. Alexander, have all come forward with their experiences, and the history might be darker than we ever expected.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sarah Spain; JD Vance
@spain2323/Instagram; Kevin Lamarque/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

ESPN Commentator Claps Back After Her Comments About 'Demon' Vance Spark Hate From MAGA Trolls

Emmy-winning sports reporter Sarah Spain drew the ire of the MAGA minions after commenting on having to sit near MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance at a Team USA women's hockey game. Spain is covering the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics in Italy.

In addition to her 15 year career at ESPN, Spain also hosts the award-winning daily iHeart women's sports Good Game with Sarah Spain podcast and serves as Content Director for the iHeart Women's Sports Network for iHeartMedia.

Keep ReadingShow less
Marc Kennedy during Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics Men's Curling Round Robin.
Foto Olimpik/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Canadian Olympic Curler Sparks Flurry Of Memes After He's Accused Of Cheating By 'Poking' Stone

Last week at the Winter Olympics, tensions ran high when Team Canada faced Sweden in the men’s curling event. A cheating controversy erupted after Sweden’s Oskar Eriksson accused Canadian curler Marc Kennedy of illegally touching the granite portion of a curling stone rather than the handle, which the rules prohibit.

Sweden further alleged a “double touch,” which occurs when a player makes contact with the stone after it passes the hog line.

Keep ReadingShow less