Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Google Just Added Super Mario to Google Maps... Let's A-Go!

Google Just Added Super Mario to Google Maps... Let's A-Go!
Chesnot/Getty Images

Mario Kart and Google are two of the world's most beloved pieces of software, though they're used in drastically different contexts. But in honor of Mario Day on March 10, Google decided to pay tribute to the world's most famous Italian plumber in an unexpectedly delightful way. If you needed to travel anywhere using Google maps on March 10, you would appear on the road in Mario's kart!


Let's A-Go!

And that's not all...there's sound effects too.

You may be wondering - why is March 10 Mario Day? Well, the answer is surprisingly simple. March 10 is easily abbreviated to Mar10 (which looks a lot like Mario if you haven't caught that yet) It's also possible Mario and Google have decided to team up in preparation for the release of Mario Kart Tour, the much-awaited game for cell phones everywhere!

Whatever the reason, people are loving it.

But how do you get Mario into your Google maps?

The process is very simple!

  1. Make sure you have the most recent update of Google Maps.
  2. Chart a destination in Google maps as you would at any other time. Then, instead of "start," click the familiar looking "?" icon.
  3. Fun fact: if you click it 99 more times, you'll hear the classic Ninetendo 1-up sound.
  4. Kart to your destination in style!

It looks like Google Maps is going to see a surge in travelers this weekend.

The Mario update will last for 1 week, so get your thrills while you can!

This isn't the first time Google has teamed up with a pop-culture icon to make directions a little more interesting. In 2015, in honor of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Maps users got to fly a Tie-Fighter down the street. On April Fools Day 2017, Ms. Pacman would gobble a series of blue dots all the way to the end of the line.

This has been a big year for Mario, and it's not over yet!

The release of Super Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch has catapulted Mario once again into the spotlight. The game received unanimously positive reviews. It also helped to cement the Nintendo Switch in the public consciousness - only a year after its release, the Switch had already outsold the entire run of its predecessor, the Nintendo Wii U, thanks in no small part to Odyseey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (which many game reviewers named their Game of the Year).

The Mario fever doesn't looks to be slowing down anytime soon, either! Along with the release of Mario Kart Tour later this year, Nintendo announced on March 8 that 2018 would see a new Super Smash Bros. The world found out via a surprise trailer which caused widespread pandemonium in the gaming community.

Don't believe me? Just watch this video.

Now that we're all excited for some Mario, it seems like the perfect time to drive to take a little drive! Where to? It doesn't matter, as long as we don't hit any banana peels along the way.

H/T - Twitter, Forbes, Fortune

More from Trending

Screenshot of AI-generated Trump Mobile logo from video
@TrumpMobile/X

New Trump Mobile Promo Video Called Out For Being AI Slop In Hilariously Blunt Fact-Check

Following backlash from MAGA fans who complained they'd not received their Trump Mobile phones or their $100 deposits back, the company announced that it is indeed shipping out the phones soon by releasing a new AI video of what they look like, only to be criticized for revamping a phone that is already on the market.

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August 2025.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep Reading Show less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep Reading Show less