Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Wesley Snipes Throws Hilarious Shade At Marvel After 'Blade' Reboot Keeps Hitting Snags

Wesley Snipes; Snipes from "Blade"
Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, New Line Cinema

The original 'Blade' actor couldn't hide his amusement over the reboot's continued problems in a viral post on X after the film's second director dropped out.

Wesley Snipes cheekily weighed in with his thoughts over Marvel's troubled reboot of Blade.

In 1998, Snipes played the titular character in Blade, a superhero horror film about a human with vampire strengths who wages a war with vampires who are threatening human existence.


He reprised his character in the successive sequel films, 1998’s Blade, 2002’s Blade II, and 2004’s Blade Trinity.

With the enormous popularity of the R-rated superhero franchise that leaned more toward the horror genre, a fourth installment seemed inevitable, but it was not without complications.

For years, the planned Blade reboot had its share of stops and starts with the re-shuffling of writers and scheduling delays exacerbated by the writers' and actors' strikes last summer.

The project hit another snag recently with the announcement of a second director who decided to abandon the project.

On Saturday, the 61-year-old wrote on X (formerly Twitter):

"Blade, lordylordylordy."
"folks still lookin for the secret sauce, ridin snowmobiles in traffic, kinda rough. Daywalkers make it look easy, don’t they?"

Blade fans weighed in with their thoughts.









In 2014, Snipes was rumored to be reprising Blade in a fourth installment.

“I’d be open to it," he reportedly said, adding:

"I think we’ve got some stones left unturned and there’s some latitude left for us to build on and I’d love to get back in the suit again and do something I’ve learned how to do now that I didn’t know how to do then.”

That prospect went out the window when in 2019 at Comic-Con in San Diego, Marvel President Kevin Feige announced that two-time Oscar winner Mahershala Ali would take over as Blade with Mogul Mowgli filmmaker Bassam Tariq attached to direct.

In November 2021, Snipes gave a supportive nod to his successor, saying "He will do great."

However, he noted that he will always be Blade.

The reboot was slated for a November 2023 release. In September 2022, Tariq announced he would be leaving the director's chair but said he would remain as an executive producer.

Marvel explained at the time that Tariq's departure was "due to continued shifts in our production schedule.”

Filmmaker Yann Demange then signed on to direct the project in November 2022 after it had been delayed for a September 2024 opening, but it was pushed back again for February 14, 2025, due to the writers’ and actors’ strikes.

Currently, the reboot is planned for a November 7, 2025 release date.

More from Entertainment/tv-and-movies

Pam Bondi
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

Photo Of Epstein Victims Standing Behind Pam Bondi As She Ignores Them Goes Viral—And It's One For The History Books

Attorney General Pam Bondi's appearance before the House Judiciary Committee will now forever be associated with a viral photo captured by Getty Images photographer Roberto Schmidt showing several victims of the late financier, sex trafficker, and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein raising their hands to signal that Bondi and the Justice Department had ignored their accounts.

Democrats repeatedly pressed Bondi over what they described as her dismissive posture toward the crimes of Epstein and the influential figures named in recently released files.

Keep ReadingShow less
Margot Robbie attends the "Wuthering Heights" Australian Premiere at State Theatre in Sydney, Australia.
Don Arnold/WireImage via Getty Images

Fans Horrified After Margot Robbie Reveals Weight-Shaming 'Gift' She Once Got From Male Costar

Margot Robbie is reflecting on a moment from early in her career that still stings.

The Australian actor and producer appeared on Complex’s GOAT Talk series on February 9, where she sat down with Charli XCX to discuss her career, romance films, and the worst gift she has ever received. What followed was a candid story about a male costar who handed her something that felt less like a present and more like a pointed message.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot from Redditor Bulgingpants' Reddit post
u/Bulgingpants/Reddit

Restaurant Sparks Heated Debate After Adding Mandatory 20% No-Tipping Fee To Diners' Checks

Tipping culture is an incredibly divisive topic, leading people to question if customers and restaurant guests should be made responsible for the livelihood of those who serve them their meals at these establishments.

Redditor Bulgingpants added fuel to the fire when they shared a receipt in the "End Tipping" subReddit from a restaurant called Burdell in Oakland, California, remarking:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @hackedliving's TikTok video
@hackedliving/TikTok

Viral Video Of Delivery Robot Maneuvering Around Unhoused Man In Miami Is Honestly So Dystopian

Technology is here to make our lives more convenient and successful, but it has a chilling way of calling out problems that we're experiencing.

In a TikTok video recorded by TikToker @hackedliving, an delivery robot named "Akira" was seen rolling down a sidewalk in Miami, eyes blinking as it approached its destination.

Keep ReadingShow less
'Dawson's Creek' cast
Warner Bros./Getty Images

'Dawson's Creek' Stars Lead Poignant Tributes To James Van Der Beek After His Tragic Death At 48

After revealing to the public in November 2025 that he was battling colorectal cancer, James Van Der Beek passed away on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, at the age of 48.

Fans became concerned last December about the severity of his condition when Van Der Beek was unable to appear at the Dawson's Creek reunion at New York's Richard Rodgers Theatre, due to having multiple illnesses at once because of his weakened immune system.

Keep ReadingShow less