Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Doctor Who Slammed Trump's Walter Reed Drive-By Photo Op Speaks Out After Being Ousted

Doctor Who Slammed Trump's Walter Reed Drive-By Photo Op Speaks Out After Being Ousted
ALEX EDELMAN/AFP via Getty Images

The emergency room doctor who publicly criticized President Donald Trump—during the time he was being treated for the viral pathogen responsible for the pandemic—was told he was removed from his schedule at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Dr. James Phillips is the chief of disaster medicine at George Washington University. He had been contracted to Walter Reed as an attending physician.


Back in October, Dr. Phillips criticized the President for taking his motorcade and Secret Service agents for a spin outside the hospital to wave to his maskless supporters for a photo-op, two days after being admitted to the hospital.

Phillips had tweeted:

"Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days."
"They might get sick. They may die."
"For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity."

Dr. Phillips added:

"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of [virus] transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures."
"The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play."

Now the emergency medicine specialist has been informed his services are no longer needed.

During a pandemic. While cases are surging.

Dr. Phillips joins a long list of experts who were terminated for failing to show fealty to Trump.

On Sunday night, Dr. Phillips expressed having no regrets for his words.

"Today, I worked my final shift at Walter Reed ER. I will miss the patients and my military and civilian coworkers - they have been overwhelmingly supportive."
"I'm honored to have worked there and I look forward to new opportunities. I stand by my words, and I regret nothing."

In a statement to CNN, Walter Reed said there was "no decision made by anyone" to remove Dr. Phillips from the military medical center's rota.

The hospital added:

"As you may know, Dr. Phillips worked as a contract employee at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), which provides requirements for contract employees to the contract agency."
"The contract agency then works together with contract employees to determine individual schedules."

Twitter expressed their frustration.







People stood by the outspoken doc and thanked him for his services.






Dr. Phillips will continue his work at the George Washington School of Medicine.

More from News

Screenshots of Donald Trump and David Sanger
@atrupar/X; CNN

'New York Times' Reporter Fires Back After Trump Calls His Iran War Reporting 'Treason' During Air Force One Melt Down

New York Times journalist David Sanger affirmed that "reporting is not treason" after President Donald Trump accused him of committing "treason" by reporting on his war with Iran during a meltdown aboard Air Force One.

During Trump's flight back from China, Sanger, the White House and national security correspondent for the Times, pressed Trump on the rationale for continuing the bombing campaign, asking what purpose another round of strikes would serve given that “38 days” of bombing had failed to produce political change in Iran.

Keep ReadingShow less
Alec Baldwin; Elon Musk; Lupita Nyong'o
John Nacion/FilmMagic; Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images; Bruce Glikas/WireImage

Alec Baldwin Just Effortlessly Shut Down Elon Musk's Criticism Of Christopher Nolan Casting Lupito Nyong'o In 'The Odyssey'

Once again Hollywood decided to cast a Black woman in a movie and once again conservatives are having a temper tantrum about it—especially Elon Musk.

The far-right weirdo had a full crashout on X about Lupita Nyong'o's casting as Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's forthcoming The Odyssey adaptation, leading many to rake him over the coals.

Keep ReadingShow less
Javier Bardem; Donald Trump
Samir Hussein/WireImage; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Javier Bardem Calls Out Trump's 'Male Toxic Behavior' In Fiery NSFW Rant—And He's Spot On

Oscar-winning actor Javier Bardem criticized President Donald Trump and other despotic world leaders at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, condemning the "male toxic behavior" they exhibit on a regular basis.

Bardem spoke while promoting director Rodrigo Sorogoyen's The Beloved, in which he stars as an acclaimed director forced to reckon with his distant relationship with his daughter. Bardem said the film is itself an exploration of toxic masculinity, namely “the bad education that we have received for many ages."

Keep ReadingShow less
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Nicolas Koutsokostas/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Kimberly Guilfoyle Gets Dragged Hard Over Her Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony In Greece For New McDonald's

U.S. Ambassador to Greece Kimberly Guilfoyle was widely mocked after gushing over a new McDonald's location at The Mall in Athens, referring to it as the "most technologically advanced McDonald's in all of Europe."

Guilfoyle took to social media with the following message, sharing photos from the ribbon-cutting ceremony:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Eric Metaxas
@atrupar/X

Clip Of MAGA Speaker At Prayer Event Claiming God 'Raised Up' Trump To Build His Ballroom Is Peak MAGA

MAGA author and radio host Eric Metaxas was criticized after claiming that God "raised up" President Donald Trump after two centuries so he could build his new White House ballroom.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less