Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

YouTube Star MrBeast Sparks Debate After Saying He Has An 'Offer Ready' To Buy TikTok

Screenshot from MrBeast's TikTok video
@mrbeast/TikTok

The popular YouTuber shared a video letting TikTok know that he's in the market to buy the popular platform should the Supreme Court uphold the ban—and users are divided.

Popular YouTuber MrBeast claimed he has an "offer ready" to buy TikTok ahead of the potential U.S. ban of the popular app depending on the Supreme Court's decision on whether or not to uphold the bipartisan law signed by Democratic President Joe Biden.

Calls to shut down the popular short-form video app in the U.S. increased amid national security concerns that a foreign party could allegedly control the platform and compromise the data of the 170 million users who rely on the app to promote businesses and maintain influencer relevance to generate income.


With the impending shutdown of TikTok approaching on January 19 unless SCOTUS grants an injunction to block the federal law banning it, YouTuber Jimmy Donaldson—AKA MrBeast—posted a video on the app suggesting he was prepared to take ownership of it.

Donaldson has over 340 million YouTube subscribers, the most of any channels on the platform, and he is the third most followed content creator on TikTok with over 106.9 million followers.

In 2022, his estimated net worth was believed to be $500 million.

RELATED: Duolingo Has Hilarious Reaction To TikTok Users Learning Mandarin To Join Chinese App

"I just got out of a meeting with a bunch of billionaires. TikTok, we mean business," he says in the video as a man presenting contracts in an open suitcase stands next to him.

Donaldson continues:

"This is my lawyer right here, we have an offer already for you."

The short clip concludes with him saying:

"We wanna buy the platform, America deserves TikTok. Give me a seat at the table, let me save this platform TikTok."

Here is the video.


@mrbeast

TikTok check your inbox 👀 @TikTok


Reactions to his proclamation were mixed.




Users were skeptical about his ability to purchase TikTok.


But, hey, whatever it takes to save TikTok, right?



Some TikTok creators anticipating the ban jumped on other similar short-form video apps as replacements, including Triller, Substack, and the most popular, RedNote, a social networking and e-commerce platform from China.

So many so-called "TikTok refugees" have migrated to RedNote that it's triggered a sudden spike in users learning Mandarin on Duolingo to optimize their engagement on the replacement video-sharing platform.

More from Entertainment/celebrities

Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayden Panettiere
On Purpose with Jay Shetty; Neutrogena

Hayden Panettiere Claims Neutrogena Fired Her After 10 Years For Speaking About Postpartum Depression—And Fans Are Appalled

Despite being in an industry that many people only dream of, Heroes and Bring It On star Hayden Panettiere hasn't had the best of luck.

With her memoir This Is Me: A Reckoning coming out soon, Panettiere has been opening up about her experiences with discrimination and abuse, this time on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, shedding light on one very popular skincare line.

Keep ReadingShow less