Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Elon Musk Hopes To Have His Brain Implants In Humans In Six Months—And We're Not OK

Elon Musk
Theo Wargo/Getty Images for TIME

Twitter users aren't super keen on letting Musk put his Neuralink implant in their bodies after reports of some of the harrowing side effects in monkeys.

Elon Musk hopes to place Neuralink implants in humans in six months.

You read that correctly.


Elon Musk won't stop at spontaneous combusting Teslas or Twitter's internal collapse.

Like something straight out of a dystopian novel, he is pushing for brain implants in humans.

The Neuralink implant fills Musk with high hopes, with possibilities of one's ability to navigate interfaces using only brain power and even a cure for paralysis.

Here's a news coverage of the proposed technology.

Elon Musk says Neuralink brain implant could begin human testingyoutu.be

According to Bloomberg:

"Neuralink has been refining the product, which consists of a tiny device and electrode-laced wires, along with a robot that carves out a piece of a person's skull and implants it into the brain."

Again, yes, you read that correctly.

While the promises of the product seem too good to be true, the real problem is that, so far, product tests run on monkeys have ended in mortifying results.

According to a February report by New York Post, beginning in 2017, 23 monkeys were implanted with Neuralink. By 2020, at least 15 of them died or were euthanized.

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's research advocacy director Jeremy Beckham told the Post:

"Pretty much every single monkey that had had implants put in their head suffered from pretty debilitating health effects."
"They were, frankly, maiming and killing the animals."

The masses took to Twitter to share their thoughts.







According to Musk, all we need now is FDA approval.

We think we'll pass.

More from People

Screenshot of Mark Kelly; Donald Trump
Fox News; Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Trump Issues Unhinged Ultimatum To Fox News After They Interview Democratic Senator About Healthcare

President Donald Trump slammed Fox News after Fox White House correspondent Peter Doocy interviewed Arizona Democratic Senator Mark Kelly about the government shutdown and healthcare, telling the conservative network to "get on board, or get off board, NOW."

The federal government shut down last week after the White House and Congress failed to reach an agreement on federal spending. While Senate Democrats are in the minority, they hold enough seats to filibuster and are insisting that Republicans agree to extend federal subsidies for people insured under the Affordable Care Act.

Keep ReadingShow less
family of five walking away from camera
Some Tale on Unsplash

Parenting 'Hacks' That Sound Ridiculous But Actually Work

Parenting is a hard job, so you can't blame parents for seeking some tips and tricks to try to make it easier.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

Keep ReadingShow less
Scott Jennings; Van Lathan
CNN

Conservative CNN Pundit Shocks Panel With Heartless Justification For Brutal Immigration Raid In Chicago

CNN Table for Five MAGA mouthpiece Scott Jennings' lack of empathy shocked his fellow panelists after his ludicrous justification for a violent nighttime Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raid that saw children bound with zip ties.

Host Abby Phillip led the panel discussion about the administration of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump and its handling of people they assume are immigrants in Chicago, Illinois.

Keep ReadingShow less
Theo Von tried to flirt with ESPN’s Jess Sims on College GameDay and got publicly rejected
ESPN

Theo Von Rejected Live

Controversial podcaster and part-time flirt Theo Von learned the hard way that College GameDay isn’t The Bachelor.

It happened last Saturday when ESPN host Jess Sims wrapped up a segment with Von, who was a guest picker predicting college football matchups alongside the show’s regular analysts.

Keep ReadingShow less
Judge Diane Goodstein; Image of Diane Goodstein's house during explosion
South Carolina Judicial Branch; @ColinRugg/X

Authorities Investigating After Home Of South Carolina Judge Who Ruled Against Trump's DOJ Is Destroyed In Explosion

Authorities have launched an investigation after the home of South Carolina Circuit Court Judge Diane Goodstein was destroyed by a fire caused by an explosion after she blocked the Department of Justice's request for a full voter registration list for the state.

Firefighters responded to a fire at Edisto Beach in Colleton County on Saturday afternoon at the home of Goodstein and her husband, former state Senator Arnold Goodstein. The cause of the fire is currently not known but authorities are investigating it as an arson attack. Three people were hospitalized after the fire.

Keep ReadingShow less