Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Stormy Daniels's Lawyer Is Offering $100,000 to Anyone Who Can Identify the Man Who Threatened Her, and Twitter Is on the Case

Stormy Daniels's Lawyer Is Offering $100,000 to Anyone Who Can Identify the Man Who Threatened Her, and Twitter Is on the Case
THE VIEW - On Tuesday, April 17, Stormy Daniels sits down with the co-hosts of The View (11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EDT) for her first live television interview. Daniels will be joined in studio by her attorney Michael Avenatti. "The View" airs Monday-Friday (11:00 am-12:00 pm, ET) on the ABC Television Network. (Photo by Heidi Gutman/ABC via Getty Images)

This just took a strange turn.

Stephanie Clifford, better known as Stormy Daniels, released a composite sketch today of the man she alleges threatened her in 2011. Her attorney, Michael Avenatti, is offering a $100,000 reward to anyone who can identify the perpetrator whom Clifford says threatened her to keep quiet about her affair with Donald Trump.

During a highly publicized 60 Minutes interview last month, Clifford recalled she was on her way to a fitness class with her infant daughter in tow when a man stopped her in a Las Vegas parking lot.


“I was in a parking lot, going to a fitness class with my infant daughter. T– taking, you know, the seats facing backwards in the backseat, diaper bag, you know, gettin’ all the stuff out,” Clifford told 60 Minutes correspondent Anderson Cooper. “And a guy walked up on me and said to me, ‘Leave Trump alone. Forget the story.’ And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, “That’s a beautiful little girl. It’d be a shame if something happened to her mom.” And then he was gone.”

Clifford did not identify the man she said threatened her, but she said that she would recognize him, “100 percent,” if she did. “Even now, all these years later. If he walked in this door right now, I would instantly know.”

The release of the sketch comes at a critical juncture for the Trump administration, and the scandal surrounding the president's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, whose home, office, and hotel room were raided by federal agents last week. Federal prosecutors in Manhattan obtained the search warrant after receiving a referral from special counsel Robert Mueller, who oversees the federal investigation into Russian interference during the 2016 presidential election. Agents seized, according to a New York Times report, "records related to several topics” including payments to Clifford.

Clifford and Avenatti disclosed the sketch during an appearance this morning on The View. Clifford said that what she remembers "so clearly" about the man in question "was that nothing looked alarming about the way he looked at first."

The man is described as between 5'9" and 6' tall, between his 30s and early 40s, and with a lean but "fit" body type.

Avenatti has promised a $100,000 reward "for information leading to the positive identification of the man that threatened Ms. Clifford in Las Vegas." He encouraged all tips to be directed to idthethug@gmail.com.

The sketch was drawn by Lois Gibson, whom Avenatti has called "the foremost forensic artist in the world." Gibson's bio claims that she has helped law enforcement identify 700 criminals with her sketches.

Speaking on The View, Clifford says that she did not initially report the threat to Las Vegas authorities because she had never disclosed her alleged affair with Trump to her husband and was "embarrassed."

"I didn't want him to think I was a bad mom or that I put my daughter in danger," Clifford said.

Avenatti, for his part, said he and Clifford believe they know who sent the man who threatened her "but we want to confirm it."

Twitter thinks it may know too, as tweets have come streming in suggesting it could be this guy meeting with Cohen:

Daniels's ex-husband:

And, most bizarrely, even Patriots quarterback Tom Brady:

Clifford's appearance on The View comes a day after she attended a Manhattan court hearing related to the seizure of Cohen's documents.

"I'm tired of being threatened, she said. "I'm done with being bullied." She added: "I just wanted to make my presence known."

She also elaborated on the effect the news of the affair has had on her personal life:

You should see the messages I get: ‘You deserve to have her [Daniels’ daughter] taken away. You deserve to be put to sleep because she's better off [without you] than with you. The very next sentence will be like, ‘You're a national treasure.’ I'm like, wait, what? So it's intense.

Since all this happened I'm averaging about two hours a night sleeping.

If I can inspire or convince a woman who feels that she has been intimidated or bullied or is too afraid to come forward to an accuser or an attacker, then I'm happy.

Michael Cohen, has found himself at the center of the questions regarding a payment Clifford received from him as part of the non-disclosure agreement to keep her from discussing a sexual encounter with Trump back in 2006, while he was married to his current wife, Melania, and just a few months after Melania gave birth to their son, Barron. A separate lawsuit filed by Clifford contends that Cohen initiated a “bogus arbitration” hearing against her without notifying her beforehand, and a copy of the restraining order against Clifford confirms that the judge made a “one-party” ruling that did not require her to be notified.

Cohen has claimed that he paid Clifford out of his own pocket and that the president never reimbursed him for the settlement. But during the 60 Minutes broadcast, Michael Avenatti presented documents showing that the payment was sent to Cohen at his Trump Tower location, and communicated through his official Trump Organization email, indicating that he made the payment on Trump’s behalf. Analysts have posited that the exchange of funds could well be an illegal campaign expenditure on Trump’s behalf.

Although Clifford never mentioned Cohen by name during her 60 Minutes appearance, that did not stop another attorney for Cohen from sending a cease-and-desist letter demanding that Clifford apologize for insinuating that his client was behind the threat she received.

“In truth, Mr. Cohen had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any such person or incident, and does not even believe that any such person exists, or that such incident ever occurred. You and your client’s false statements about Mr. Cohen accuse him of criminal conduct and constitute, among other claims, libel per se and intentional infliction of emotional distress,” the letter reads. “It would also appear that your statements of alleged criminal conduct are being made to obtain an advantage in a civil dispute, which is also improper.”

Clifford countersued for defamation after receiving the letter.

Following the seizure of Cohen's documents last week, the president's legal team asked that they get a chance to first review all documents and decide what should be off-limits due to attorney-client privilege. Cohen's attorneys attempted to obtain a temporary restraining order to prevent investigators from reviewing the material. They also requested that a third party special master decide what investigators can see.

Yesterday, a judge announced that Cohen's lawyers will get a chance to review the seized materials and declare what they think should be protected under attorney-client privilege. The judge also announced that the president's attorneys could weigh in on records relevant to him. However, the judge is still considering whether a third party special master would decide what investigators can review.

 

More from People/donald-trump

Barack Obama
Scott Olson/Getty Images

Obama Clarifies His Claim On Podcast That Aliens Are 'Real' After Accidentally Sparking Conspiracy Theories

Former President Barack Obama was forced to clarify his claim on liberal influencer Brian Tyler Cohen's YouTube channel that aliens are "real" after unwittingly sparking conspiracy theories online.

Since the 1980s, conspiracy theorists have claimed Area 51 in Nevada hides aliens. The idea exploded in 2019, when millions online jokingly pledged to storm the base to “see them aliens.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Randy Fine
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Hit With Instant Backlash After Tweeting Truly Vile Post About Muslims And Dogs

Florida Republican Representative Randy Fine is facing harsh criticism after publishing a bigoted tweet that draws a comparison between Muslim people and dogs.

Fine said he was reacting to an online post from Palestinian American activist Nerdeen Kiswani, who wrote that dogs belonged in society but not inside homes, calling them unclean. Kiswani later told NBC News the remark was satirical and part of a local New York debate about dog waste following a recent snowstorm.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hillary Clinton; Donald Trump
Alex Wong/Getty Images; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Hillary Clinton Epically Calls Out 'Disgraceful' Trump For Working With Putin Against Ukraine: 'He Has Betrayed The West'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticized President Donald Trump and his administration during an exchange at the Munich Security Conference over the weekend, saying Trump has "betrayed the West" with his "disgraceful" handling of Ukraine.

In particular, Clinton called out Trump's often deferential attitude toward Russian President Vladimir Putin, who invaded Ukraine in a "special military operation" in 2022. Clinton said that not only are Putin and Trump "profiting" off Ukrainian "misery," Trump is also looking to Putin as a "model" of what a leader can be, effectively betraying Western values.

Keep ReadingShow less
Miss J. Alexander; Tyra Banks
Netflix; Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

Fans Upset After 'America's Next Top Model' Favorite J. Alexander Reveals Tyra Banks Didn't Visit Him After His Stroke In 2022

Tyra Banks wanted to share her side of the story and do some big reveals in the Netflix docuseries Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model, but if she was hoping the docuseries would improve her image to the public, she was sadly mistaken.

Past model contestants have already gone public about their time on the show, but now, people from behind the scenes, like one of the show's photographers and judges, Nigel Barker, the creative director, Jay Manuel, and judge and runway coach Miss J. Alexander, have all come forward with their experiences, and the history might be darker than we ever expected.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sarah Spain; JD Vance
@spain2323/Instagram; Kevin Lamarque/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

ESPN Commentator Claps Back After Her Comments About 'Demon' Vance Spark Hate From MAGA Trolls

Emmy-winning sports reporter Sarah Spain drew the ire of the MAGA minions after commenting on having to sit near MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance at a Team USA women's hockey game. Spain is covering the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics in Italy.

In addition to her 15 year career at ESPN, Spain also hosts the award-winning daily iHeart women's sports Good Game with Sarah Spain podcast and serves as Content Director for the iHeart Women's Sports Network for iHeartMedia.

Keep ReadingShow less