Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

JD Vance Ripped For Saying It's 'Totally Reasonable' For Trump To Go After Biden In Second Term

JD Vance Ripped For Saying It's 'Totally Reasonable' For Trump To Go After Biden In Second Term

Ohio Senator J.D. Vance said it would be 'totally reasonable' for Donald Trump to open an investigation into Joe Biden in a second term after criticizing Biden for supposedly doing the same to Trump.

Make us preferred on Google

Ohio Republican Senator J.D. Vance was criticized after saying it would be "totally reasonable" for former President Donald Trump to open an investigation into President Joe Biden in the event Trump wins a second term.

Vance—who is widely considered a top choice to be Trump's running mate—justified this by claiming that Biden has “done exactly that for the last few years,” falsely accusing Biden of engaging in a “campaign of lawfare against his political opposition.”


Speaking on Sunday's episode of Meet the Press, Vance told moderator Kristen Welker that media outlets and Democrats have "lost their minds" over Trump's vow last month to "appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of the United States of America, Joe Biden."

His remarks came after Welker asked him the following question:

"If former President Trump were to win, if you were to be his vice president, would you support him appointing a special prosecutor to go after his political enemies, the Bidens?"

You can watch their exchange in the video below.

Vance replied:

Well, first of all, Kristen, I find it interesting how the media and the Democrats have lost their mind over this particular quote. Donald Trump is talking about appointing a special prosecutor to investigate Joe Biden for wrongdoing."
"Joe Biden has done exactly that for the last few years and has done far more in addition to that to engage in a campaign of lawfare against his political opposition."
"I think what Donald Trump is simply saying is that we ought to investigate the prior administration. There are obviously many instances of wrongdoing. The House Oversight Committee has identified a number of corrupt business transactions that may or may not be criminal that we have to find out."
"So I think Donald Trump's saying, 'Look, let's do the basic work of investigating wrongdoing.' It's a totally reasonable thing for him to do and frankly, the Biden administration has done far worse. So if you think that what Donald Trump is proposing is a threat to democracy, isn't what Joe Biden has done a massive threat to our laws and system of government?"

Welker then fact-checked Vance's statements by pointing to Trump's recent conviction in his hush money trial:

"Senator, just to be clear, Joe Biden didn't appoint a special prosecutor. The Attorney General did that. Trump was indicted by a grand jury, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers in New York, but can we just go back to the core question here?"
"Would you support him taking such an action? It sounds like yes, you would."

Vance persisted:

"I would absolutely support investigating prior wrongdoing by our government, absolutely. That's what you have to have in a system of law and order, Kristen."

Vance's statements are remarkable given that Trump recently became the first former president to be convicted of felony crimes. A New York jury in May found him guilty on all 34 counts of falsifying business records to conceal hush money payments to porn star Stormy Daniels to illegally influence the 2016 election.

Trump's sentencing was originally set for July 11 but has been pushed back to September 18 in the wake of a Supreme Court decision granting him sweeping immunity protections.

This week, the nation's highest court ruled that Trump may claim immunity from criminal prosecution for some of his actions during the final days of his presidency—particularly for his role before, during, and after the Capitol riot—a decision expected to further delay his federal trial on charges he attempted to overturn the 2020 election results.

Trump's legal team believes that this ruling might significantly undermine special counsel Jack Smith's case, arguing that any communications Trump had with then-Vice President Mike Pence or Department of Justice officials could now be considered official, thus inadmissible at trial.

The legal team also suggested that this decision could benefit Trump in the classified documents case, although initial interpretations may not necessarily dictate the outcome of that legal process.

All of this is a far cry from the "law and order" principles Vance espoused during the interview—and he was swiftly called out for supporting a convicted felon.


Vance's hypocrisy is all the more evident given that he recently revealed that Trump's campaign is asking potential vice presidential picks whether they've committed any "crime"—which is ironic because Trump himself would be disqualified on those parameters.

Vance previously secured Trump's endorsement during his Senate campaign and is considered one of Trump's strongest allies in Congress, openly supporting Trump's claim of absolute immunity.

Trump has reportedly been considering Vance as a potential vice-presidential candidate, with plans to announce his running mate before the Republican convention, which is scheduled to be held July 15 to 18, 2024, at the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

More from News

Screenshot of Joey Jones
Fox News

Fox News Host Slammed After Criticizing 'Weak' Sailors Complaining About Deteriorating Conditions Aboard USS Lincoln

Fox News host Joey Jones was criticized for his complaints about the "weak" U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Jones is a Marine veteran who spent eight years in the military and served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He was seriously wounded by an IED in Afghanistan in 2010, sustaining severe injuries to his arms and wrists and losing both legs above the knee.

Keep ReadingShow less
screenshot of AI Elon Musk as Austin Powers
@elonmusk/X

Elon Musk Brutally Dragged After Sharing Bizarre AI Slop Video Of Himself As Austin Powers

On Wednesday, AI content creator DFF posted another of their parody videos on X mocking a major political figure.

The politics of DFF aren't specified, as they appear to mock just about everyone, but the Trump administration and their allies seem to be frequent targets. The account name DFF stands for "Dumb F*ck Finder" and their bio reads "Fighting DumbF*ckery 24/7 via AI-powered music vids & memes. Don’t Be a DumbFxck."

Keep ReadingShow less
Rosario Dawson (left) revealed her cameo was cut from Tom Holland’s (right) Spider-Man: Brand New Day.
Ernesto Ruscio/Getty Images; Sony/Marvel Studios

Rosario Dawson Reveals Her Cameo In 'Spider-Man: Brand New Day' Was Cut—And Her Mom's Reaction Has Fans Cackling

Fans expected Spider-Man: Brand New Day to deliver its share of surprise cameos, but one familiar Marvel face apparently got caught in the editing web.

In resurfaced footage from July’s GalaxyCon in Raleigh, North Carolina, 47-year-old Sin City and Ahsoka star Rosario Dawson told fellow actor Vincent D’Onofrio that she had slipped back into her Daredevil scrubs as Claire Temple for the blockbuster.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jamie Lee Curtis
Errich Petersen/SXSW Conference & Festivals/Getty Images

Jamie Lee Curtis Clears The Air After Saying She Had An 'Awful' Experience Filming 'New Girl'

Every actor has their preferences when it comes to stage production, and Jamie Lee Curtis is no exception, especially when it comes to comedy.

Curtis was recently touring to promote and answer questions about her latest show, Newlyweds on NBC, which she co-created with Black-ish and Ugly Betty's Gail Lerner. The Freakier Friday actress explained that she was excited to create a story that centered around older characters and finding love later in life, following a couple portrayed by Tea Leoni and Tim Daly.

Keep ReadingShow less
Ashley Callingbull
@corrinaaligned/Instagram

Former Miss Universe Canada Praised After Calling Out Contestants' Costumes For Cultural Appropriation On Live TV

Ashley Callingbull, Canada's 2024 Miss Universe contestant, made history that year when she became the first First Nations competitor to win the pageant.

Now, she's using that platform to call out other contestants for cultural appropriation in their pageant appearances.

Keep ReadingShow less