Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Rightwinger Says Gov't Should Subsidize Guns For People To Protect Themselves From BLM

Rightwinger Says Gov't Should Subsidize Guns For People To Protect Themselves From BLM
OAN
Make us preferred on Google

A conservative gun activist who blamed the Black Lives Matter movement for "looting, violence and murder" suggested the government should extend firearm subsidies in an interview on conservative network, OAN (One America News).

Rogan O'Handley made the comment during a segment discussing an alleged increase in gun sales under President Biden's Administration because "they would like to take away our guns."


"We don't know what they're going to do when it comes to our Second Amendment rights," said the news host, adding, "They're constantly coming up with new ideas, new law suggestions, and ultimately they would like us to be unarmed."

To which O'Handley weighed in with:

"America owns more guns than 50% of the planet. There are more guns than people in this country."
"God bless the Second Amendment and our Founding Fathers. I am absolutely loving seeing these huge, huge gun numbers."

You can watch the video clip of the interview, here.



OAN guest: Federal government should 'subsidize' guns to protect people from Black Lives Matteryoutu.be


O'Handley lauded first-time buyers purchasing firearms to allegedly protect themselves from BLM protests.

"I am absolutely loving seeing these huge gun numbers...we're getting a lot of first-time buyers. People that have never owned a gun in their life are looking around and seeing BLM and Antifa burning down courthouses, police stations... looting, violence, murder."




"And they're saying, you know what? These guys are also calling to defund the police. Maybe I have to look at protecting myself and my family. Maybe I should start exercising my constitutional right to keep and bear arms."

He added:

"And I will say I'm in the camp where I think we should actually have subsidies for gun ownership in this country. You know, we subsidize schools, housing, everything."
"Why are we not subsidizing guns? That's a constitutional right and one of the most important. Very happy to see these huge numbers."



Social media users were quick to call out O'Handley's hypocrisy about BLM violence.







Others expressed concern about far-right activists like O'Handley being given platforms to disseminate false and dangerous rhetoric.







The far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel was founded by Robert Herring Sr. and launched on July 4, 2013.

Since then, OAN has become notorious for spreading falsehoods and conspiracy theories on their political talk shows, and they were banned by the White House Correspondents Association after one of their reporters violated social distancing guidelines in the briefing room.

More from Trending

Omar Jimenez and Nancy Mace from CNN interview
CNN

Nancy Mace Gets Blunt Civics Lesson After Claiming Every Muslim Elected Official Is A 'Trojan Horse'

South Carolina Republican Representative Nancy Mace was called out by CNN anchor Omar Jimenez for her lack of understanding of the First Amendment after she published a series of Islamophobic tweets, including one referring to every Muslim elected official in the country as a "Trojan horse."

Mace's posts came after Abdul El-Sayed won Michigan's Democratic primary for U.S. Senate. El-Sayed, a physician who campaigned on expanding healthcare access, strengthening the economy, and ending unconditional U.S. military aid to Israel, became the first progressive to win a statewide primary in a state carried by President Donald Trump in the 2024 election. He is set to face former Republican Congressman Mike Rogers in November.

Keep ReadingShow less
Bill Cassidy; Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

GOP Senator Hit With Brutal Reminder After Slamming Trump Over Executive Order To Break Up MMR Vaccine

Louisiana Republican Senator Bill Cassidy was criticized for voting to confirm Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) after he spoke out against President Donald Trump's executive order recommending that the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine be broken up into separate shots.

The new policy would recommend giving the MMR vaccine as three individual injections rather than as a combined shot, while also spacing childhood vaccinations across separate doctor visits.

Keep ReadingShow less
Dean Cain (left) questioned Michigan Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed’s (right) high school football history.
aul Archuleta/Getty Images for FreedomFest; Finn Gomez/Getty Images

MAGA Actor Dean Cain Swiftly Fact-Checked After Doubting Dem Senate Candidate Actually Played High School Football

Dean Cain had a question, a theory, and one consequential mistake—he asked the internet to “do your thing.” The former and failed Superman turned MAGA try-too-hard fan took aim at Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed on Sunday, but this investigation had less to do with truth, justice, and the American way than high school football.

It all started when Cain took his suspicions to X and invited the internet to find the receipts:

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
@atrupar/X

Trump Slammed After Claiming Infants Get Vaccines The 'Size Of A Bottle Of Soda' In Unhinged Rant

In the latest move toward promoting conspiracy theories and anti-vaxxer pseudoscience over legitimate research, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump signed an executive order titled Delivering Gold Standard Childhood Vaccine Recommendations for Americans.

The signing ceremony was attended by members of his administration and other guests, including anti-vax activist and Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., White House policy advisor and Project 2025 architect Stephen Miller, and health economist and controversial National Institutes of Health Director and acting Centers for Disease Control Director Jay Bhattacharya, who attended medical school but never practiced medicine.

Keep ReadingShow less
Ryan Reynolds; Janice and Jeff Ivey
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images; Jeff Ivey

Ryan Reynolds Has Hilarious One-Liner After Texas Couple Moves To Wrexham After Being Inspired By His Reality Show

After watching Welcome to Wrexham on Disney+ and visiting Wales seven times in the past two years, Texas couple Jeff and Janice Ivey decided to make the big move from Texas to Wrexham.

The docuseries stars Ryan Reynolds, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Rob McElhenney, and the Wrexham soccer team, and it showcased a sense of community that the couple loved. Since Jeff has UK citizenship thanks to Scottish ancestry, the Iveys decided to put it to good use to visit various places in Wales, focusing their time on Wrexham.

Keep ReadingShow less