Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Donald Trump Was Asked for Proof of His Claim That Middle Easterners Are in the Migrant Caravan, and His Questionable Response Was Very Revealing

Donald Trump Was Asked for Proof of His Claim That Middle Easterners Are in the Migrant Caravan, and His Questionable Response Was Very Revealing
ABC News

Seriously?

President Donald Trump on Tuesday admitted he has no evidence substantiating his claims that "Middle Easterners" have embedded themselves in migrant caravans meandering through Central America.

Trump told reporters in the Oval Office he has "very good information" regarding the types of people he believes are sneaking into migrant refugee caravans.


The press tried to get the president to pony up some evidence, but this is Trump we're dealing with, so there isn't any.

"There's no proof of anything but there very well could be."

The president said he speaks with Border Patrol "all the time," touting the agency's ability to "intercept" certain individuals.

"Over the course of the year, over the course of a number of years, they have intercepted many people from the Middle East," Trump said. "They have intercepted ISIS. They have intercepted all sorts of people. They have intercepted good ones and bad ones. They have intercepted wonderful people from the Middle East. And they have intercepted bad ones."

Trump added that Border Patrol had "very recently" identified "people from the Middle East," and that the press "shouldn't be surprised" when he says it because "you've heard that before, it happens all the time."

Watch the full clip below:

No one - including Trump - seems to know what the president is talking about because there isn't any proof.

Even at face value, the idea that Middle Eastern people have infiltrated bands of Central and South American refugees simply doesn't make any sense.

What is obvious, however, is Trump using fear of "the other" as a dog whistle for his supporters.

Vice President Mike Pence threw his weight behind Trump's claims, but just like his boss, offered no evidence.

"At the president's discretion, I spoke to President Hernandez of Honduras," Pence said. "He told me that the caravan that is now making its way through Mexico, headed for the southern border, was organized by leftist organizations and financed by Venezuela."

On Tuesday morning, Pence told The Washington Post: "It's inconceivable that there are not people of Middle Eastern descent in a crowd of more than 7,000 people advancing toward our border."

Double negative aside, Pence isn't telling the truth.

The State Department said in a report last month they found "no credible evidence" that Middle Eastern terrorists are trying to sneak into the United States by way of Mexico.

But Pence wasn't going to let the facts disrupt his narrative.

Pence boasted to WaPo:

"In the last fiscal year, we apprehended more than 10 terrorists or suspected terrorists per day at our southern border from countries that are referred to ... in the lexicon as 'other than Mexico.' That means from the Middle East region."

Watch Pence's interview with Jim Acosta here:

Granted, there is a caravan of thousands of migrants marching North through Mexico. As of Tuesday, however, they were still around a thousand miles from the American border.

More from People/donald-trump

James Blunt; Nicki Minaj
Jeremychanphotography/Getty Images; Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

James Blunt Playfully Roasts Nicki Minaj After She Shares Uplifting Message To Her Fans

Nicki Minaj is once again going viral on X, but for once it's for something positive instead of, say, spreading conspiracy theories or dragging Cardi B.

And even fellow musician James Blunt is getting in on the phone.

Keep ReadingShow less
Andrew Cuomo; Screenshot from Cuomo campaign's "Criminals for Mamdani" video
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images; Cuomo For Mayor

Andrew Cuomo Slammed After Campaign Posts Racist AI Video Of 'Criminals For Zohran Mamdani'

Former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was criticized after his official social media pages shared—then quickly deleted—an AI-generated campaign ad depicting "Criminals for Zohran Mamdani," his democratic socialist opponent.

Mamdani handily defeated Cuomo in New York City's Democratic mayoral primary in June, sparking racist and Islamophobic backlash from right-wingers who've claimed his policies would "destroy" the city. The latest polls show Mamdani has a double-digit lead over Cuomo and Republican nominee Curtis Sliwa, who is facing calls to drop out.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Stephen Miller discussing Robert De Niro
Fox News

Stephen Miller Claims Robert De Niro Has Only Made 'Flops' For Past 30 Years—And Here Come The Receipts

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller had people rolling their eyes after he lashed out at actor Robert De Niro and claimed the legendary performer—the recipient of two Academy Awards and scores of other prizes over a more than 50-year career—has only made "flops" for the past 30 years.

On Sunday, De Niro, a vocal critic of the Trump administration, called Miller "a Nazi," adding that Miller is "Jewish and he should be ashamed of himself.”

Keep ReadingShow less
A man holding a transparent umbrella on a boardwalk in a city
Person with umbrella overlooks city skyline by water
Photo by John Licas on Unsplash

People Share Purchases Under $20 That Made Their Lives Way Easier

Sometimes, in an effort to improve our lives in some capacity requires us to make a significant dent in our bank account.

Even though it might be yogurt for dinner for a few weeks after, we still feel good about our expensive purchases when we see the difference a high-powered washing machine makes, or feel the cool air from our upgraded air conditioner.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @matterneuroscience's Instagram video
@matterneuroscience/Instagram

Man Goes Viral After 3D-Printing A 6-Pound Phone Case To Combat Screen Addiction

Many Millennials will remember back in the nineties as the last of the "latchkey kids" who were prominently babysat by their televisions, and the commercials that rolled out, made popular on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, promoting kids to go play outside instead of watching TV all day.

Now in 2025, videos on Instagram and TikTok encouraging people to "pause their scroll" and to "put down their phones" are becoming more common and popular, because people are realizing how detrimental our increasing screen time is to our emotional, physical, and psychological health.

Keep ReadingShow less