Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Elon Musk Jokes That Ye's Swastika Tweet 'Incited Me To Violence' In Twitter Q&A

Elon Musk Jokes That Ye's Swastika Tweet 'Incited Me To Violence' In Twitter Q&A
Carina Johansen/NTB/AFP via Getty Images; Rachpoot/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images/Getty Images

Elon Musk says he 'wanted to punch' Ye for the swastika tweet that led to his suspension.

In a Twitter question and answer roundtable discussion on Saturday, current Twitter CEO Elon Musk quipped rapper and designer Ye's tweet depicting a swastika intertwined with the Star of David incited him to violence because it made him want to punch the musician.

Musk said:


"I personally wanted to punch [Ye], so that was definitely inciting me to violence. That’s not cool."

Musk—though he has repeatedly described himself as a "free speech absolutist"—suspended Ye's account for "inciting violence."

Ye was also suspended from the site in October before Musk took over the company for another obviously antisemitic tweet in which he claimed he would go "death [sic] con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE."

In that same tweet, he claimed he couldn't be antisemitic because "black [sic] people are actually Jew".

Musk also called to attention Ye's recent InfoWars interview with Alex Jones, during which even Jones laughed loudly to obscure what he was saying or tried to redirect Ye to get him away from topics that were too much for even Jones.

Among the absolutely ridiculous things Ye said on InfoWars was that he "liked" Hitler and "loved" Nazis.

Jones followed up the Nazi comment with a laugh and quickly seemed to try to get Ye to stop talking.

"We’re all crazy. The whole world’s crazy. This is absolutely lit. This is lit, lit, lit, lit, lit."

Musk further clarified his reasoning for suspending Ye for "incitement of violence."

"...because at some point you have to say what is incitement to violence because it is against the law in the U.S."
"Posting swastikas in what obviously is not a good way is an incitement to violence."

Musk claimed he "tried his best" with Ye, but would be suspending his account anyway.

To which several people responded, essentially, "What did you think would happen?"

Many of Musk's own fans criticized him for what they see as a breach of their version of "free speech".

Ye is not the only person spouting antisemitic rhetoric who Musk allowed back onto the platform after he took over.

Well-known neo-Nazi Andrew Anglin was allowed back onto the platform after 10 years of being banned. Anglin previously said things that absolutely violated Twitter's terms of service and incited online harassment campaigns against journalists.

Despite his claims he had deleted all of the old content on his account and intended to follow Twitter's Terms Of Service (TOS) from now on, one of the things he chose to tweet on his first day back on the platform was support for Ye's bizarre rant about liking Hitler.

Anglin said:

"Saying you love Hitler is not even a big deal. No one cares about that. The man died 80 years ago."

In addition to Musk reinstating the accounts of people who have previously used the platform for hate speech, recent research from organizations like the Anti-Defamation League indicated an unprecedented surge in the use of slurs and other hate speech on the platform after Musk took charge.

ADL specifically noted a troubling increase in antisemitic content.

"In the past few weeks, the ADL noted both an increase in antisemitic content on the platform and a decrease in the moderation of antisemitic posts..."

Musk says he wants Twitter to be a platform for "free speech" but how will he handle the balance between free speech and hate speech, and how will he handle content moderation?

Only time will tell.

More from People

Actress Sally Field and son, Sam Greisman, attend the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Kevin Winter/WireImage via Getty Images

Sally Field Shares Hilarious Theory For Why Her Son Is Gay—And It Makes Total Sense

If being raised around Steel Magnolias somehow “turned” people gay, an entire generation of LGBTQ millennials would like a word. Fortunately, Sally Field is more than happy to laugh along with the theory, especially because it came directly from her son.

At the time Field filmed the beloved 1989 classic, her youngest son, Sam, was just 6 months old and frequently on set alongside the movie’s now-iconic cast. The actor recently reflected on the experience while speaking with People, recalling how close the production became during filming in Natchitoches, Louisiana.

Keep ReadingShow less
Pope Leo XIV
Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

A 2008 Photo Of Pope Leo Rocking Nike Sneakers Has The Internet Bringing The Jokes

No matter what a person's opinions might be of him, Pope Leo XIV has transformed our perception of who the Pope is by simply being himself.

As the first American Pope and a lover of the White Sox and Peeps marshmallows, he's greatly humanized the role since his induction in May 2025, and he's been giving not only of spirit but of inspiration for internet memes.

Keep ReadingShow less
Keith Ervin
WJHL/YouTube

Tennessee High Schooler Rips Into 'Cowards' On School Board For Not Firing Colleague Who Called Her 'Hot' In Scathing Takedown

A Tennessee community is in an uproar after a school board member has been allowed to keep his job after making an inappropriate comment to a high schooler.

Washington County high schooler Hannah Campbell delivered a scathing takedown of board member Keith Ervin, who called her "hot" during a public meeting in April.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Trump Claims The White House Was 'A Sh*t House' When He Moved Back In—And Everyone Had The Same Response

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump has made significant, controversial changes to the White House since he took up residence for his second term on January 20, 2025.

The renovations in just over one year include installing pavers to replace the grass in the Rose Garden, adding gold decor throughout the building and especially in the Oval Office, renovating the Lincoln bathroom to add marble and more gold fixtures, adding gold signs for White House features like it's one of Trump's resorts, hanging a plethora of massive portraits of himself in gaudy gold frames, and demolishing the entire East Wing of the building to erect a self-described monument to himself, an unpopular golden ballroom that will dwarf the rest of the building.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump Mobile phone; Screenshot of Trump supporter complaining about Trump Mobile
Joe Raedle/Getty Images; @codenamesteev/TikTok

MAGA Melts Down Hard After Learning They May Never Get Their 'Trump Mobile' Phones—Or Their Deposits Back

MAGA fans who signed up to get Trump Mobile T1 phones nearly a year ago are furious after learning there's no guarantee they'll ever get the phones they put down deposits for—and that these same deposits are now being described as merely a "conditional opportunity."

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August.

Keep ReadingShow less