Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

King Charles Speaks Out For The First Time Since His Cancer Diagnosis

King Charles III
Jonathan Brady/WPA Pool/Getty Images

King Charles III released a statement offering his 'most heartfelt thanks' for all of the support he's received since it was announced that he has been diagnosed with an undisclosed form of cancer last week.

Make us preferred on Google

King Charles has publicly addressed his cancer diagnosis for the first time since Buckingham Palace announced earlier this week that he had begun treatment for an undisclosed form of cancer.

In a statement released on Saturday, the monarch expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support and well-wishes he has received:


“I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks for the many messages of support and good wishes I have received in recent days. As all those who have been affected by cancer will know, such kind thoughts are the greatest comfort and encouragement."

The King also highlighted the positive impact of sharing his own diagnosis in raising public awareness:

|It is equally heartening to hear how sharing my own diagnosis has helped promote public understanding and shine a light on the work of all those organisations which support cancer patients and their families across the UK and wider world."
"My lifelong admiration for their tireless care and dedication is all the greater as a result of my own personal experience."

Many have sent well-wishes as the King continues his treatment.




The palace, in its initial announcement, did not specify the type or severity of the King's cancer. The diagnosis was identified during a recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, leading to subsequent diagnostic tests and the commencement of regular treatments.

While the king has been advised to temporarily postpone public-facing duties, he will continue to handle state affairs and official paperwork. Despite the challenges, the palace said King Charles “remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.”

Prince William has conveyed his appreciation for the supportive messages received regarding his father and his wife, Catherine, Princess of Wales, who is currently recuperating from abdominal surgery. The Princess is anticipated to resume royal duties after Easter.

During a charity fundraiser for London's Air Ambulance, Prince William said the displays of support have meant "a great deal to us all."

More from Trending

Amy Adams; Scarlett Johansson
Stephanie Augello/Variety/Getty Images; JC Olivera/Variety/Getty Images

Amy Adams' Daughter Is Going Viral After Making Rare Red Carpet Appearance—And Fans Think She Looks Just Like Scarlett Johansson

We've all heard the advice that when you want to be promoted or to step into a higher opportunity, you have to look the part and act the part.

Apparently, Amy Adams's and Darren Le Gallo's 16-year-old daughter, Aviana, has been doing just that, but not in the way that anyone expected.

Keep ReadingShow less
Javier Bardem
@elitedaily/TikTok

Clip Of Javier Bardem Shutting Down Sexist Question About Wife Penélope Cruz Resurfaces—And Fans Are Cheering

A years-old clip of actor Javier Bardem shutting down a reporter's sexist question is going viral once again and drawing huge rounds of applause.

The moment happened at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival, where Bardem was promoting the Asghar Farhadi film Everybody Knows, in which he starred alongside his wife, Penélope Cruz.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jason Kelce
@drinkgaragebeer/X

Jason Kelce Encourages People To Mail Jars Of Pee To AI Data Centers In Bizarre New Ad—And We Don't Know What To Think

Is mailing jars of pee to data centers the key to fixing their catastrophic water waste problem?

Probably not. But at this point, anti-AI public sentiment is quite rightly so furiously strong that it doesn't not feel like a solution!

Keep ReadingShow less
Richard Beeby; Donald Trump
NBC News; Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images

Ohio Republican Voter Has Some Blunt Advice For Trump In Viral Clip—And We're Nodding Hard

NBC News' Senior National Politics Reporter Jon Allen was in Ohio on Tuesday to speak to voters as part of the network's "Drive To Decision Day" series. Allen is going from New Jersey to Nebraska, visiting congressional districts where House seats are considered toss ups, to get the unfiltered opinions of voters as November's midterm elections grow closer.

In Ohio where new congressional district maps were drawn in 2025 per MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's request to help him maintain control of Congress, Allen spoke with Strongsville resident Richard Beeby, who identified himself as a Republican who votes in his state primaries and general elections.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images

Trump Just Bragged About Yet Another White House Renovation—And People Are So Over It

President Donald Trump was criticized for his tone-deaf bragging about recent renovations he made to the Thomas Jefferson Columns at the White House.

Consumer sentiment fell sharply in August, according to data released last week by the University of Michigan that found that older and lower-income Americans are particularly affected by elevated fuel prices.

Keep ReadingShow less