Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Fox News Guest Slammed After Gushing That 'No One Died' During Venezuela Attack

Screenshot of Nicolás Maduro in custody on Fox broadcast
Fox News

A Fox News guest got a reality check on Monday after claiming that "no one died" during Trump's invasion of Venezuela—while only taking into account Americans.

A Fox News guest got a brutal reality check yesterday after claiming that "no one died" during President Donald Trump's invasion of Venezuela, taking into account only American forces that participated in the attack and subsequent overthrow of dictator Nicolás Maduro.

As footage of Maduro in custody in New York was shown on the broadcast, the guest said:


"This is pretty extraordinary that we watched this go down and no one died. It's really quite something to say about our military."

You could hear what they said in the video below.

They couldn't be more off if they tried.

Venezuelan Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino López said U.S. combat helicopters fired rockets and missiles in urban areas, adding that authorities were still assessing the number of casualties. As of January 6, no official death or injury toll had been released.

Casualty figures varied widely. The New York Times reported, citing Venezuelan officials, that at least 40 people were killed, a figure later revised to 80.

Trump told the New York Post that Cuban forces were involved and said Cuban personnel had died during the operation, a claim supported by Cuba’s government, which said 32 of its military and intelligence members were killed.

Independent Venezuelan journalists reported at least 25 confirmed deaths, mostly among the presidential guard, with two civilian casualties and several additional deaths unconfirmed.

On January 6, Venezuela’s military published the names of 24 soldiers killed in the attack, while Prosecutor Tarek William Saab said dozens of civilians and military personnel had died and that the total toll remained under investigation.

They were swiftly called out—and Fox was criticized for airing the segment.




In the meantime, Trump continues to brag about his "amazing military achievement" in Venezuela.

At one point, speaking to Republican lawmakers, he boasted that 152 planes took part in the operation and that no Americans were killed. He said the U.S. "proved once again that we have the most powerful, most lethal, most sophisticated, and most fearsome" military on the planet.

“It's a fearsome military on planet Earth, and it's not even close," he said, adding that "Nobody can take us.”

More from News/political-news

Bowen Yang
Jerritt Clark/Getty Images for Hennessy

Bowen Yang Offers Hilariously NSFW Clapback After Troll Questions Why He's Grand Marshal Of NYC Pride

One good thing about trolling comedians, they always know exactly how to respond.

New York City Pride recently announced the Grand Marshals for its annual Pride parade, scheduled for June 28.

Keep ReadingShow less
Gavin Newsom; Donald Trump
Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images; Heather Diehl/Getty Images

Gavin Newsom Claps Back With Blistering Reality Check After Trump Shares Meme Of Newsom As A Zombie

On Sunday, May 17, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump went on a posting spree on Truth Social. Between 4:02pm and 4:54pm, Trump posted or reposted 32 times—much of it "AI slop"—like a child with a new toy.

The POTUS had just returned from a trip to China where pundits opined Chinese President Xi Jinping walked him like a dog, openly mocking him multiple times.

Keep ReadingShow less
JD Vance
Eric Lee-Pool/Getty Images

JD Vance Gets Blunt Reminder After Telling Voters To Oust The 'Crazy Leadership In Washington'

Vice President JD Vance received a blunt reminder after urging voters—with no sense of irony whatsoever—to "vote against the crazy leadership in Washington, D.C.," in the midterms later this year.

Speaking at a manufacturing plant in Missouri, Vance was touting President Donald Trump’s economic agenda and trying to energize supporters ahead of the midterm elections when he appeared to misspeak.

Keep ReadingShow less
Mike Lee
Bill Clark/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

MAGA Senator Gets Epic Reality Check After Sharing Photos Of Four Black Congressmen To Prove GOP 'Is NOT The Party Of Jim Crow'

Utah Republican Senator Mike Lee was given a dose of reality after sharing an image of four Black Republican House members to claim that the GOP "is NOT the party of Jim Crow," only for people to point out there was a glaring issue with his declaration.

Lee posted images of Representatives Wesley Hunt (R-TX), John James (R-MI), Byron Donalds (R-FL), and Burgess Owens (R-UT), apparently intending it as a political flex. He failed to note, however, that all four are departing the House after this year, without any Black Republicans to fill their shoes.

Keep ReadingShow less
Henry Winkler (left) and Elon Musk (right) have publicly clashed over the role of empathy in modern society.
Emerson College/YouTube; Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images

Henry Winkler Pushes Back On Elon Musk's Claim That America Has Too Much 'Empathy' In Must-See Commencement Speech

For generations of television viewers, Henry Winkler has built a reputation as one of Hollywood’s most universally beloved figures. Now, the Happy Days icon is using that platform to push back against one of Silicon Valley’s most controversial voices, delivering a commencement message that directly challenged Elon Musk’s criticism of empathy.

The ceremony was held on May 9 at Boston's Wang Theatre. Winkler, who graduated from Emerson College in 1967, delivered an inspiring and humorous eight-minute speech focused on perseverance, self-belief, and recognizing one's unique gifts.

Keep ReadingShow less