Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump Was Never Asked To Throw Out First Pitch At Yankees Game Before Canceling, NY Times Reports

Trump Was Never Asked To Throw Out First Pitch At Yankees Game Before Canceling, NY Times Reports
Drew Angerer/Getty Images

President Donald Trump has told over 20 thousand lies since his inauguration, so report's of Trump's latest lie may not come as a surprise.

The President announced last week that he'd be throwing the first pitch for the New York Yankees on August 15. By Monday, the President announced on Twitter that he was too busy with his pandemic response—which he erroneously called the "China Virus"—to throw out the pitch on the expected date.


Many assumed that the President—who spent the weekend golfing—wasn't actually too busy with his pandemic response, but rather vindictive at the New York Yankees, which saw two players kneel during the National Anthem in a July 23 game.

As it turns out, there was reportedly no invitation to throw out the pitch at all.

According to the New York Times, the President was envious of attention toward National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases director Dr. Anthony Fauci—one of the most trusted voices among the pandemic—throwing out the pitch at a Washington Nationals game earlier this month.

The New York Times reported:

"Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci's turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from [Yankees president] Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized."

After he made the announcement, White House aides reportedly rushed to confirm with Yankees reps that Trump could indeed throw out the pitch on the apparent date.

Before the confirmation could be reached, Trump had already canceled.

People weren't exactly surprised that Trump pulled the first pitch out of thin air.





People immediately mocked him with announcements of their own.




The President hasn't yet provided an alternative date for the possible pitch.

More from News

A man standing in front of a classroom full of students
boy in black hoodie sitting on chair
Photo by Taylor Flowe on Unsplash

People Break Down The Most Unhinged Thing A Teacher Ever Did In The Classroom

A good teacher will leave a lasting impression in our lives.

Though, it would be an accurate statement to say that bad teachers also have the ability to leave lasting impressions.

Keep ReadingShow less
Catherine O’Hara appears at a public event (left) alongside a still of the actor as Cookie Fleck holding her Norwich Terrier, Winky, in Best in Show (right).
Unique Nicole/WireImage; Warner Bros/Courtesy Everett Collection

Westminster Dog Show Honors Catherine O'Hara With Tribute During Norwich Terrier Judging—And We're Sobbing

Catherine O’Hara has been remembered and eulogized for her unforgettable work across film and television—from Home Alone to The Nightmare Before Christmas to Schitt’s Creek. This week, she was honored somewhere unexpectedly perfect: the Westminster Dog Show.

Days after the legendary comedic actress died at age 71, the Westminster Kennel Club paused its 2026 competition to celebrate her iconic role in Best in Show, the beloved Christopher Guest comedy that immortalized the eccentric, campiest of camp world of competitive dog shows.

Keep ReadingShow less
Kid Rock's Lyrics About Liking Underage Girls Resurface After He's Set To Headline Alternative Halftime Show
Todd Kirkland/Getty Images

Kid Rock's Lyrics About Liking Underage Girls Resurface After He's Set To Headline Alternative Halftime Show

You've probably heard that conservatives are having a meltdown because—gasp!—PUERTO RICAN star Bad Bunny is headlining the Super Bowl halftime show. Won't someone think of the children?!

Well, the sociopaths at Turning Point USA apparently have, though not in the way conservatives are usually caterwauling about.

Keep ReadingShow less
Mehmet Oz
Heather Diehl/Getty Images

Dr. Oz Sparks Outrage With His Solution For Lack Of Doctors In Rural Healthcare

Former television presenter and author Mehmet Oz, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's choice to head the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, spoke at a "fireside chat" for the "Action for Progress" initiative in Washington, D.C. on Monday.

During his remarks, Oz stated that rural communities would benefit from having AI avatars stand in for doctors. The Trump administration passed a law dramatically reducing funding for rural hospitals, which are already understaffed.

Keep ReadingShow less
JD Vance; Picture of Alex Pretti from memorial
Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images; Octavio Jones/AFP via Getty Images

JD Vance Slammed After Refusing To Apologize To Alex Pretti's Family For Sharing Tweet Calling Him An 'Assassin'

Vice President JD Vance was criticized after refusing to apologize to the family of Alex Pretti after sharing White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller's post claiming Pretti was an "assassin."

Calls for an investigation have intensified from across the political spectrum after analysis of multiple videos showed ICE officers removing a handgun from Pretti—a weapon that authorities said Pretti was permitted to carry but was not handling at the time—before fatally shooting him.

Keep ReadingShow less