Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Did Bob Weinstein Know About Harvey Weinstein?

Did Bob Weinstein Know About Harvey Weinstein?

After a whirlwind week for the Weinsteins, which saw accusers come out of the woodwork with horrific allegations of sexual harassment and assault by Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein has had to put out some major fires.

Not only has the scandal forced Harvey out of, The Weinstein Company, the company he founded with his younger brother, it has also cast serious doubts on whether or not members of the company's staff knew what was going on and did nothing about it.


But on Saturday, Bob Weinstein attempted to set the record straight during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. While he admits that he knew his older brother was a liar and a cheater, he claims that he never knew that the affairs were anything other than consensual until the story broke.

"I find myself in a waking nightmare," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "I actually was quite aware that Harvey was philandering with every woman he could meet. I was sick and disgusted by his actions. But that's the extent of what [I knew]. I said, 'Harvey, you're just cheating. Why do you constantly cheat?' I could see it. But I wasn't in the room with him."

Bob, who heads up the Dimension Films division of The Weinstein Company, says he barely talks to Harvey, admitting: "For the last five years, I've probably talked to my brother ten times on any personal level. That's the fracture that's gone on. Since Dimension started, we ran two separate companies. So many of the people that he does business with — actors, actresses — I've never even met and they know it. I wanted to lead a separate existence. So we were leading two separate divisions."

He added: "I divorced my brother five years ago. Literally. And those that know me personally in this company understood how I could not take being around him on any level. And certainly my daughters and my family knew it. I could not take his cheating, his lying and also his attitude toward everyone. I had to divorce myself to survive."

Not everyone is buying what Bob is selling, however.

Actress Rose McGowan, who recently confessed that she was raped by Harvey, has been very vocal about the fact that the harassment was Hollywood's worst-kept secret.

Early last week, McGowan even tweeted out her alleged knowledge of a "slush fund" to keep victims silent:

On Saturday, it was also revealed that Harvey was being kicked out of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). The news has curious timing, since it came after the interview, in which Bob said: "I was gonna actually write [to the Academy]. And I will do it. I am gonna write a note to them saying he definitely should be kicked out of the Academy."

But despite the incredible backlash, Bob is still hopeful for the company. "I know they're saying 'Shut this company down.' Well, they didn't shut Fox News down, they didn't shut NBC down. My brother is the one that should pay with everything. And I mean literally — whether it's criminal or otherwise — I will be supportive of all of that. But I don't think the people that are the employees of this company or the company itself should pay."

"All I can say is that there is a plan to come out on the other side," he reassured. "And also the other side that makes the public rightfully feel happy that what Harvey stood for exists no longer. The public deserves that. The victims deserve that. Everybody deserves that."

As for Harvey's future in Hollywood, however, Bob's prediction was a little bleaker: "[Harvey] should never be allowed back, ever. Ever. He lost his rights. He didn't lose his rights to be rehabilitated as a human being. But as far as being in this town again? I mean, give me a break.

But if Twitter has any say, the Weinstein brand will fade away for good:

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.

H/T: The Hollywood Reporter, Mashable, Twitter

More from News

Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayden Panettiere
On Purpose with Jay Shetty; Neutrogena

Hayden Panettiere Claims Neutrogena Fired Her After 10 Years For Speaking About Postpartum Depression—And Fans Are Appalled

Despite being in an industry that many people only dream of, Heroes and Bring It On star Hayden Panettiere hasn't had the best of luck.

With her memoir This Is Me: A Reckoning coming out soon, Panettiere has been opening up about her experiences with discrimination and abuse, this time on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, shedding light on one very popular skincare line.

Keep ReadingShow less