Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

White Kentucky Middle Schooler Charged After Choking Mixed-Race Student As Classmates Hurled Racial Slurs

White Kentucky Middle Schooler Charged After Choking Mixed-Race Student As Classmates Hurled Racial Slurs
WDKY-TV
Make us preferred on Google

A Kentucky teen has been charged after a horrifying incident.

A White student from Casey County Middle School in Kentucky has been arrested for assaulting a classmate.


The teen, whose identity has not been released to the public due to their age, is now facing charges of felony strangulation and fourth-degree assault after a video surfaced showing the student choking their mixed-race classmate while bystanders hurled racial slurs.

Watch the news coverage here:

youtu.be

According to Kentucky news station WDKY-TV, the incident involved multiple students, including some who watched the assault unfold and hurled racial slurs at the victim.

School resource officer Jordan Buis said the incident, which occurred earlier this week, was originally treated as "horseplay" rather than a racial attack until the video evidence of the assault surfaced.

He said:

“I think it was reported by school staff that it was kind of a horseplay incident...once the video surfaced later it was discovered it was quite a bit more than that."

He continued:

“Stuff like this, personally, I am not going to tolerate it when it is known."
"I mean, of course, teachers and I can’t be everywhere at any given time, and with that being in the bathroom made it extra difficult, too."

Liberty Police Chief Steven Garrett confirmed a claim from WKYT that a racial slur can be heard in the background of the video.

He said:

"It’s unclear who said the racial slur."
“I just want it to be known that this type of behavior is not going to tolerated. There’s been criminal charges filed."
“I want people to feel safe.”

People are horrified at the racist attack.







Barry Lee, Casey County Superintendent, said in a statement to the Herald-Leader that racially-motivated bullying and assault has no place in his school system.

He said:

"The behavior that occurred in the video will not be tolerated. The school administrators and the SRO (school resource officer) took immediate action but we must continue to be proactive in helping our students to understand that this is not acceptable behavior in our schools or in our communities.”

He continued:

“The incident took place this past Friday, and the school administrators took immediate action with the support of a Liberty Police Department deputy who serves as the School Resource Officer."
“The school administrators and the SRO have been in communication with the parents throughout the investigation. No further information can be released due to all parties involved are juveniles, and the investigation is still ongoing."

Although charges have been filed, the aggressor has not yet been convicted or tried in court.

Whether there are consequences for their actions remains to be seen.

More from Trending

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less