Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

When Will Nintendo Labo Be Released? [WATCH]

In an announcement that further solidified Nintendo’s desire to deliver fun to gamers of all ages, the gaming developer and publisher released initial details today on its latest venture, Nintendo Labo. The “do-it-yourself” creative playset is compatible with the Nintendo Switch and provides players with a “new interactive experience” unlike any other.

Games like LEGO: Dimensions popularized the concept of hands-on construction in modern gaming, but Labo takes it to a completely different level. Each Labo kit consists of specially designed cardboard cutouts that players will use to create real-world items. In the reveal video, Nintendo showcased a 13-key piano, a fishing rod, an automobile gas pedal, and a controllable robot.


The cardboard sets, or Toy-Cons, won’t work on their own and require the Switch’s tablet screen and at least one controller, which can be installed within the cardboard creations. For instance, one of the JoyCon controllers slips into the reel of the fishing rod to register when it’s being wound.

According to Nintendo’s reveal: “With each [Labo] kit, kids can transform modular sheets of cardboard into creations called Toy-Con. As you build, you will have fun discovering how the technology works, and might even invent new ways to play with each Toy-Con!”

The line-up of Labo creations will start at $69.99 for the initial Variety Kit, but other kits, like the Robot Kit, will cost upwards of $79.99. Nintendo Switch owners can expect to add cardboard cutouts to their plethora of accessories on April 20, 2018. For players that enjoy a little flair, the Labo line will also include customization sets that will come with stencils, stickers, and vibrant colorful tape. Each set will cost $9.99 individually.

The cardboard concept calls back to an age where video gaming wasn’t as prevalent or even existent and children utilized cardboard boxes to create their own fun experiences. Unlike the refrigerator boxes of yore, however, the Toy-Cons are built from a heavy-grade cardboard that will stand up to hours of use and interactivity.

Based on Nintendo’s statement, each Toy-Con may serve different purposes beyond the original main design. Whether or not different Toy-Cons can be combined for a more unique gaming experience is unknown, though more details are likely to unfold before its release.

For a look at the full product reveal, watch the video from Nintendo below.

More from News

Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayden Panettiere
On Purpose with Jay Shetty; Neutrogena

Hayden Panettiere Claims Neutrogena Fired Her After 10 Years For Speaking About Postpartum Depression—And Fans Are Appalled

Despite being in an industry that many people only dream of, Heroes and Bring It On star Hayden Panettiere hasn't had the best of luck.

With her memoir This Is Me: A Reckoning coming out soon, Panettiere has been opening up about her experiences with discrimination and abuse, this time on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, shedding light on one very popular skincare line.

Keep ReadingShow less