Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Rod Rosenstein Looked Very Uncomfortable Standing Behind William Barr During His Press Conference, and Everyone Is Making the Same Joke

Rod Rosenstein Looked Very Uncomfortable Standing Behind William Barr During His Press Conference, and Everyone Is Making the Same Joke
@ABC/Twitter

Accurate.

Attorney General William Barr held a bizarre press conference ahead of the release of the redacted version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report Thursday morning and people are making the same observation.

Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein - the man who appointed, served as a witness for, and oversaw Mueller's investigation - caught the attention of social media as he stared blankly into space while Barr tacitly cleared President Donald Trump of any wrongdoing.


Check it out:

Rosenstein looked like a hostage.

Awkward.

People have their theories as to what was going through Rosenstein's head.

Barr also drew the ire of politicos and legal experts for his interpretation of Mueller's findings.

Specifically, the special counsel's report indicated that there were 10 instances of possible obstruction of justice by Trump, including efforts to have Mueller fired and pressuring former AG Jeff Sessions to unrecuse himself.

Barr's comments were remarkable.

"Although the Deputy Attorney General and I disagreed with some of the Special Counsel’s legal theories and felt that some of the episodes examined did not amount to obstruction as a matter of law, we did not rely solely on that in making our decision," Barr said.

Barr added that Trump's emotions in his attempts to obstruct justice did not amount to criminal intent. In other words, Trump was angry, but not corrupt.

"In assessing the President’s actions discussed in the report, it is important to bear in mind the context," Barr said in his prepared remarks. "President Trump faced an unprecedented situation. As he entered into office, and sought to perform his responsibilities as President, federal agents and prosecutors were scrutinizing his conduct before and after taking office, and the conduct of some of his associates. At the same time, there was relentless speculation in the news media about the President’s personal culpability."

This was an extraordinary split from traditional legal standards.

Barr sounded more like Trump's defense attorney than the American people's top constitutional defender.

Democrats in the House have demanded that Barr turn over Mueller's full, unreacted report by May 23.

“It is clear Congress and the American people must hear from Special Counsel Robert Mueller in person to better understand his findings. We are now requesting Mueller to appear before @HouseJudiciary as soon as possible,” House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerry Nadler (D-NY) tweeted Thursday.

Likewise, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) have requested that Mueller to testify as soon as possible.

“Attorney General Barr’s regrettably partisan handling of the Mueller report, including his slanted March 24th summary letter, his irresponsible testimony before Congress last week, and his indefensible plan to spin the report in a press conference later this morning — hours before he allows the public or Congress to see it — have resulted in a crisis of confidence in his independence and impartiality," Pelosi and Schumer wrote in a statement.

"We believe the only way to begin restoring public trust in the handling of the Special Counsel’s investigation is for Special Counsel Mueller himself to provide public testimony in the House and Senate as soon as possible."

More from People

US restauranteur Guy Fieri arrives before President Donald Trump to attend UFC 327 at Kaseya Center in Miami.
Julia Demaree Nikhinson / POOL / AFP via Getty Images; @gifdsports/X

Guy Fieri Speaks Out After Getting Backlash For Embracing Tate Brothers At UFC Fight—But Not Everyone's Buying It

In a moment that felt less Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and more “who signed off on this,” Guy Fieri found himself at the center of backlash after a very public embrace of two of the internet’s most polarizing figures.

Food Network star Guy Fieri is facing social media backlash over his friendly greeting of controversial “manosphere” influencers Andrew and Tristan Tate at a recent UFC fight, prompting him to release a statement claiming he doesn’t actually know them and does not support them “in any way.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Robot chasing wild boars
ABC News/X

Robot Chases Wild Boars Out Of Polish Neighborhood Before Waving Goodbye In Surreal Viral Video

Robots have received a lot of attention in the media lately, particularly for situations like the delivery robot that circled around a houseless man without a second thought, reminding us of its lack of humanity and empathy.

But a humanoid robot in Warsaw, Poland, made headlines for a much different reason this week, protecting a neighborhood from a pack of wild boars that had wandered into the community.

Keep ReadingShow less
Danny Pintauro attends the opening night of "The Sound Inside" at Pasadena Playhouse.
Paul Archuleta/Getty Images

'Who's The Boss' Star Danny Pintauro Reveals New Side Job To Show There's 'No Shame' In It—And Fans Are Applauding

Hollywood often frames reinvention as a return to fame, but Danny Pintauro is defining it on his own terms. The former child star recently revealed that he’s making a living as a delivery driver for Amazon Flex—and he’s not shy about it.

Pintauro, 50, first found fame as a child star on Who’s the Boss?, where he played Jonathan, the son of Judith Light’s Angela Bower, alongside Tony Danza as her housekeeper, Tony Micelli.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rosie O'Donnell
Neil Mockford/WireImage

Rosie O'Donnell Hilariously Shuts Down Rumors She'll Be On 'Dancing With The Stars' After AI Photo Goes Viral

With the dawning of AI, we're basically in a time where we have no idea what's real or fake anymore—and sometimes it's really, really funny.

Case in point, an AI-generated photo of Rosie O'Donnell with a headline screaming that she'd be returning to the U.S. to make her big debut on Dancing With the Stars.

Keep ReadingShow less
screenshots of Instagram video by Jo Frost
@jofrost/Instagram

'Supernanny' Star Jo Frost Warns Of Impact Of Social Media On Kids In Impassioned Plea For UK Ban

At the beginning of 2026, the United Kingdom's House of Lords supported a proposal to prohibit those under 16 from access to social media to include the sites Facebook, X, TikTok, and Instagram. Any such ban would be introduced as an amendment to the government's schools bill.

Childcare author and television personality Jo Frost has now shared her opinion on the proposal. Ironically, on Instagram on Tuesday, Frost made an appeal to British Prime Minister Keir Starmer to ban social media for children under 16.

Keep ReadingShow less