Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

We Officially Know What Trump Will Be Doing Instead of Attending the White House Correspondents' Dinner and It's an Insult to Reporters

We Officially Know What Trump Will Be Doing Instead of Attending the White House Correspondents' Dinner and It's an Insult to Reporters
GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN - MARCH 28: President Donald Trump speaks to supporters during a rally at the Van Andel Arena on March 28, 2019 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids was the final city Trump visited during his 2016 campaign. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

Typical.

Donald Trump is taking a shot at the press again, this time by scheduling a MAGA rally the same night as the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the third year in a row.

The White House Correspondents' Dinner honors members of the White House Correspondents' Association, an organization of journalists who cover the White House and the President of the United States. It's been a tradition since 1921, and—until Trump's presidency—was usually attended by the President and the Vice President.


Trump vowed earlier this month to skip the dinner and hold a rally.

"We're going to hold a very positive rally," Trump said, describing the Correspondents' Dinner as "boring and negative."

"Everybody wants it. It’ll be a big one, but the Correspondents’ Dinner is too negative. I like positive things. Okay?"

Now, Trump's reelection campaign has announced that the rally will be held in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Holding the rally the same day as the White House Correspondents' Dinner is a two-part snub: not only is Trump openly bucking a decades-old tradition, he's creating a situation in which many members of the press corps being honored at the dinner will have to skip it in order to cover the rally.

This is the third year in a row Trump has skipped the dinner, which often features a "roast" of the president and his administration. Last year's dinner included comedian Michelle Wolf, whose jokes pointedly mocked Trump and his administration, including attendee Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Wolf also took shots at the White House press corps themselves, calling them out for profiting from their obsessive coverage of the President. "He has helped you sell your papers and your books and your TV," Wolf said. "You helped create this monster and now you are profiting from him."

Trump suggested last year that he might attend this year's White House Correspondents' Dinner if it doesn't include a comedian.

This year's dinner is bucking tradition by featuring a historian rather than a comedian, but Trump's still going to skip it. Instead, he'll be holding his rally in Green Bay, WI - one of the key states Trump credits with his election results.

Trump's rallies are often used to insult the press. He's repeatedly referred to the press as the "enemy of the people" and claiming they print "fake news."

In 2018, Trump threatened to revoke the credentials of White House reporters if they didn't "treat the White House with respect."

At another rally, earlier that same year, Trump praised Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-Mont.) for assaulting a reporter, saying "Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of — he’s my guy."

And at a Texas rally in February of this year, a BBC cameraman was shoved by a Trump supporter shouting "f--- the media."

"President Trump looks forward to sharing the successes of his administration with the great people of Wisconsin," said Trump campaign CEO Michael Glassner.

Sharing the successes of the press corps is apparently too much to ask.

More from News

Stephen and Katie Miller
Kristina Bumphrey/Variety via Getty Images

Katie Miller Blasted After Lecturing Women About Their 'Biological Destiny' In Mother's Day Post

Katie Miller—former Trump administration member turned Elon Musk employee and wife of White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy, Homeland Security Advisor, and unofficial Reich Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda Stephen Miller—stepped in it again online with her Mother’s Day Lebensborn propaganda post.

The Lebensborn ("Fount of Life") program was an SS-initiated organization founded by Heinrich Himmler, operating in Nazi Germany and Nazi occupied territories, to increase the birth rate of "Aryan" children by calling on unmarried women to do their duty for the Fatherland and become baby factories, pumping out as many children as possible to be placed in proper Nazi households.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

People Bring Receipts After White House Claims Photo Of Trump Asleep During Oval Office Event Was Just Him 'Blinking'

After President Donald Trump appeared to fall asleep during an event on maternal health in the Oval Office on Monday, people brought the receipts when an official White House account claimed he was simply "blinking."

The event was used to launch moms.gov, a new federal resource hub focused on prenatal care, nutrition, and postpartum support, along with information on employer fertility benefits and expanded childcare options, including assistance for stay-at-home parents.

Keep ReadingShow less
Dr. Mehmet Oz
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Dr. Oz Just Made An Alarming Comment About Fertility Rates That Sounds Straight Out Of 'The Handmaid's Tale'

Dr. Mehmet Oz, President Donald Trump's administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, made an alarming comment about fertility rates, declaring that 1 in 3 Americans are "under-babied."

In the United States, infertility affects roughly 9% of men and 11% of women, while globally the figure is estimated at about one in six people.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump Jr.; Donald Trump
Andrew Harnik/Getty Images; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Don Jr.'s Old Tweet Praising His Father For Avoiding War With Iran Just Resurfaced—And It's Aged Like Milk

As President Donald Trump's war with Iran rages on, his son Donald Trump Jr. is facing criticism after an old tweet he wrote praising his father for avoiding war with Iran resurfaced.

Back in April 2024, the president's eldest son wrote the following on X:

Keep ReadingShow less
Images of Savannah and Nancy Guthrie
@savannahguthrie/Instagram

Savannah Guthrie Shares Heartfelt Video Of Her Missing Mom On Mother's Day: 'We Miss You With Every Breath'

Today co-host Savannah Guthrie's mother, 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie, was declared missing on February 1, 2026, after she did not routinely arrive at church that morning, and a well-check confirmed that her home was empty and the door was left wide open.

Due to her need for multiple medications, including for her pacemaker, and her limited mobility, the Pima County Police Department deemed her case a high priority, soon welcoming the help of the FBI.

Keep ReadingShow less