Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Facebook Just Smacked Down the Trump Campaign for Its Racist Anti-Immigration Ad, and It's About Time

Finally.

Facebook on Monday removed a racist campaign ad that had originally been peddled by President Donald Trump late last week.

The ad, clearly designed to stoke fear, shows convicted cop killer and undocumented immigrant Luis Bracamontes bragging about murdering two police officers.


The video is extremely transparent in its effort to paint immigrants and particularly the "caravan" of refugees soldiering through Mexico, as a violent invasion and threat to American sovereignty.

"This ad violates Facebook's advertising policy against sensational content so we are rejecting it. While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it cannot receive paid distribution," Facebook said in a statement Monday afternoon.

A spokesman for Facebook said the ad failed to meet the standards of their advertising policies.

"We have Community Standards that outline what is and isn't allowed on Facebook," the spokesperson said. "However, when it comes to ads on Facebook, we have a higher set of standards for what can run in an ad. Our Advertising Policies are more restrictive because they take paid distribution."

The individual also admitted the ad had been run in error because it didn't violate the site's Community Standards.

"Under our Community Standards," the person added, "this video is allowed to be posted on Facebook."

Many people think Facebook's move didn't come soon enough, given the midterm elections are tomorrow.

Trump's 2020 reelection campaign chairman Brad Parscale responded to Facebook's decision by doubling down on the administration's racist admonishment of asylum-seekers from Central America.

He probably shouldn't have done that.

As Parscale noted in his tweet, Facebook is not alone in its rebuke of the president's race-baiting.

NBC and Fox announced on Monday that they will cease airing the ad due to its racially-charged messaging.

"After further review," NBC said, "we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible."

Fox followed suit shortly thereafter.

"Upon further review," Fox ad sales president Marianne Gambelli told CNN in a statement, "Fox News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network."

CNN refused to sell airtime for the ad after determining it was, indeed, racist.

"CNN has made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist," the network said in a tweet. "When presented with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad, we declined. Those are the facts."

This, however, followed a spat with Donald Trump Jr., who on Saturday complained that CNN "refused to run" the spot.

More from News

Barack Obama
Scott Olson/Getty Images

Obama Clarifies His Claim On Podcast That Aliens Are 'Real' After Accidentally Sparking Conspiracy Theories

Former President Barack Obama was forced to clarify his claim on liberal influencer Brian Tyler Cohen's YouTube channel that aliens are "real" after unwittingly sparking conspiracy theories online.

Since the 1980s, conspiracy theorists have claimed Area 51 in Nevada hides aliens. The idea exploded in 2019, when millions online jokingly pledged to storm the base to “see them aliens.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Randy Fine
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Hit With Instant Backlash After Tweeting Truly Vile Post About Muslims And Dogs

Florida Republican Representative Randy Fine is facing harsh criticism after publishing a bigoted tweet that draws a comparison between Muslim people and dogs.

Fine said he was reacting to an online post from Palestinian American activist Nerdeen Kiswani, who wrote that dogs belonged in society but not inside homes, calling them unclean. Kiswani later told NBC News the remark was satirical and part of a local New York debate about dog waste following a recent snowstorm.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hillary Clinton; Donald Trump
Alex Wong/Getty Images; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Hillary Clinton Epically Calls Out 'Disgraceful' Trump For Working With Putin Against Ukraine: 'He Has Betrayed The West'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticized President Donald Trump and his administration during an exchange at the Munich Security Conference over the weekend, saying Trump has "betrayed the West" with his "disgraceful" handling of Ukraine.

In particular, Clinton called out Trump's often deferential attitude toward Russian President Vladimir Putin, who invaded Ukraine in a "special military operation" in 2022. Clinton said that not only are Putin and Trump "profiting" off Ukrainian "misery," Trump is also looking to Putin as a "model" of what a leader can be, effectively betraying Western values.

Keep ReadingShow less
Miss J. Alexander; Tyra Banks
Netflix; Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

Fans Upset After 'America's Next Top Model' Favorite J. Alexander Reveals Tyra Banks Didn't Visit Him After His Stroke In 2022

Tyra Banks wanted to share her side of the story and do some big reveals in the Netflix docuseries Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model, but if she was hoping the docuseries would improve her image to the public, she was sadly mistaken.

Past model contestants have already gone public about their time on the show, but now, people from behind the scenes, like one of the show's photographers and judges, Nigel Barker, the creative director, Jay Manuel, and judge and runway coach Miss J. Alexander, have all come forward with their experiences, and the history might be darker than we ever expected.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sarah Spain; JD Vance
@spain2323/Instagram; Kevin Lamarque/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

ESPN Commentator Claps Back After Her Comments About 'Demon' Vance Spark Hate From MAGA Trolls

Emmy-winning sports reporter Sarah Spain drew the ire of the MAGA minions after commenting on having to sit near MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance at a Team USA women's hockey game. Spain is covering the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics in Italy.

In addition to her 15 year career at ESPN, Spain also hosts the award-winning daily iHeart women's sports Good Game with Sarah Spain podcast and serves as Content Director for the iHeart Women's Sports Network for iHeartMedia.

Keep ReadingShow less