Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

News Anchor Shames Tim Scott To His Face For Claiming Joe Biden Is 'Complicit' In Hamas Attack

Screenshots of Tim Scott and Jonathan Karl
ABC

Jonathan Karl took Senator Tim Scott to task for making the outrageous claim that somehow Joe Biden was 'complicity' in Hamas' attack on Israel.

This Week co-anchor Jonathan Karl took South Carolina Republican Senator Tim Scott to task for making the outrageous claim that somehow President Joe Biden is "complicit" in Hamas' attack on Israel.

Hamas initiated a shocking attack on Israel on October 7, prompting Israel to declare war and retaliate. The attacks have created a humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip, where thousands have died amid hundreds of rocket strikes and are contending with severe food, water, and fuel shortages that have not been adequately addressed due to insufficient humanitarian aid.


Israeli authorities have reported dozens of captives held hostage in Gaza, although precise numbers remain unconfirmed. Hamas has since released two hostages—a mother and daughter—for humanitarian reasons in an agreement brokered by the government of Qatar.

None of this has anything to do with Biden, who has pledged to defend one of the United States' key allies, but Republicans have nonetheless tried to push the lie that he was somehow responsible for Hamas' attacks—or even funded the terrorist organization through Iran.

You can watch Karl and Scott's exchange in the video below.

During the conversation, Scott mentioned the $6 billion in Iranian funds that were frozen by the U.S. only for Karl to interject:

“You said that [Biden] has blood on his hands. With all due respect, the blood is on the hands of Hamas, and to say that Biden is complicit, which you also said in the greatest, deadliest attack, on the Jewish people since the Holocaust, I mean, that’s beyond the pale.”

But Scott defended his position:

“Well Jon, let’s just go right back to where we find ourselves … I think it’s important for your viewers to hear the actual truth as I see it.”
“There’s no doubt that when you have President Biden negotiating with the Iranians for the release of the hostages… I said this under President Obama as well, when we paid $400 million for hostages, you are creating a market for American lives to be lost.”
“When you pay $6 billion, do not be surprised when the result of that $6 billion leads to more conflict in the Middle East."

Scott concluded that Biden is negotiating with "state-sponsored terrorism," a claim that does not hold up under scrutiny.

The U.S., of course, didn't provide any funds to Iran. In September, the U.S. unfroze $6 billion of its own money for use strictly for humanitarian aid for its citizens as part of a prisoner exchange agreement. However, Secretary of State Anthony Blinken clarified that Iran hadn't accessed any of this money at the time of the attacks, and the money has since been refrozen.

Many have condemned Scott's remarks.

Republicans have openly undermined Biden's response to the crisis in Israel and Palestine despite pledging to support Israel themselves.

Earlier this month, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz was called out for lying about Biden's response, claiming it took Biden "days" to say the United States "stands with Israel" after it was attacked by Hamas. His post was swiftly debunked thanks to the Community Notes feature on X, formerly Twitter.

Cruz, who claimed "Democrats are beholden to Israel-hating leftist activists," was swiftly fact-checked after X users highlighted videos of Biden's speech after Hamas' attack in which he stated clearly that the United States "stands with Israel."

More from People

Alec Baldwin; Elon Musk; Lupita Nyong'o
John Nacion/FilmMagic; Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images; Bruce Glikas/WireImage

Alec Baldwin Just Effortlessly Shut Down Elon Musk's Criticism Of Christopher Nolan Casting Lupito Nyong'o In 'The Odyssey'

Once again Hollywood decided to cast a Black woman in a movie and once again conservatives are having a temper tantrum about it—especially Elon Musk.

The far-right weirdo had a full crashout on X about Lupita Nyong'o's casting as Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's forthcoming The Odyssey adaptation, leading many to rake him over the coals.

Keep ReadingShow less
Javier Bardem; Donald Trump
Samir Hussein/WireImage; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Javier Bardem Calls Out Trump's 'Male Toxic Behavior' In Fiery NSFW Rant—And He's Spot On

Oscar-winning actor Javier Bardem criticized President Donald Trump and other despotic world leaders at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, condemning the "male toxic behavior" they exhibit on a regular basis.

Bardem spoke while promoting director Rodrigo Sorogoyen's The Beloved, in which he stars as an acclaimed director forced to reckon with his distant relationship with his daughter. Bardem said the film is itself an exploration of toxic masculinity, namely “the bad education that we have received for many ages."

Keep ReadingShow less
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Nicolas Koutsokostas/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Kimberly Guilfoyle Gets Dragged Hard Over Her Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony In Greece For New McDonald's

U.S. Ambassador to Greece Kimberly Guilfoyle was widely mocked after gushing over a new McDonald's location at The Mall in Athens, referring to it as the "most technologically advanced McDonald's in all of Europe."

Guilfoyle took to social media with the following message, sharing photos from the ribbon-cutting ceremony:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Eric Metaxas
@atrupar/X

Clip Of MAGA Speaker At Prayer Event Claiming God 'Raised Up' Trump To Build His Ballroom Is Peak MAGA

MAGA author and radio host Eric Metaxas was criticized after claiming that God "raised up" President Donald Trump after two centuries so he could build his new White House ballroom.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less
Pete Buttigieg; Sean Duffy
CNN; Eric Lee/Getty Images

Pete Buttigieg Perfectly Shames Sean Duffy Over His 'Road Trip' Reality Show With A Reminder Of His Own 'Taxpayer-Funded Road Trip'

On Friday, May 8, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's Secretary of Transportation returned to his Fox News stomping grounds to announce a return to his reality TV roots with a five-part YouTube series. Duffy, who was a self-described party boy on MTV's Real World: Boston back in the 1990s, owes his name value to his time on reality TV.

Following his first stint in the Real World franchise, Duffy returned to compete on MTV Road Rules, later meeting his wife, Fox & Friends Weekend co-anchor Rachel Campos-Duffy—herself a notorious hard partier from Real World: San Francisco—on an installment of the program.

Keep ReadingShow less