Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Donald Trump Went on Fox News and Said It's Totally Fine for People With Coronavirus to Go to Work

Donald Trump Went on Fox News and Said It's Totally Fine for People With Coronavirus to Go to Work
Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

President Donald Trump has frequently downplayed the rapidly-spreading coronavirus after fears of its spread sent markets nosediving and threatened to damage his most valuable justification for his reelection: the economy.

The President repeated that pattern on Wednesday night when he called in to far-right Fox News host Sean Hannity's show to talk about the virus, which has now infected nearly 100,000 people since its first diagnosis two months ago.


The President dismissed the World Health Organization's determination of the virus's 3.4 percent death rate, before suggesting that people with the virus have gone to work with no consequences.

Watch below.

Trump said:

"We have thousands, or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by sitting around, and even going to work. Some of them go to work, but they get better."

Health experts and people with general sense have repeatedly warned employees not to go to work if they're feeling sick or showing flu-like symptoms, but that didn't seem to matter to Trump.

People were...alarmed.



As backlash ensued, the President took to Twitter to say that he didn't say what he said.

In the tweet, Trump repeated his claim that the media is deliberately sensationalizing the virus in an effort to damage his chances at reelection.

But with tweets like these, it appears Trump is doing that all by himself.




The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has now confirmed that there are at least 129 cases of coronavirus in the United States.

More from People/donald-trump

Gavin Newsom; Kid Rock
JP Yim/Getty Images for Clinton Global Initiative; Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Gavin Newsom Epically Shuts Down Suggestion That Kid Rock Should Be Doing Super Bowl Halftime Show

Earlier this week, the NFL announced that worldwide superstar Bad Bunny would be the headliner for the 2026 Super Bowl Halftime Show, causing right-wing heads to explode over the news.

After far-right provocateur Nick Adams suggested that the singer, a fierce critic of the Trump administration, should not have been chosen for the halftime gig, California Governor Gavin Newsom's press office took to X to mock him in the account's now familiar Trump-esque style.

Keep ReadingShow less
One hand pouring pills into another.
person holding white round ornament

Absurd 'Cures' People With Chronic Illnesses Were Told To Try

Those suffering from a chronic illness often find themselves in over their heads with medication prescribed by their doctors.

Even so, many people add some homeopathic medications that won't be found at a pharmacy, but help them through their day-to-day lives.

Keep ReadingShow less
Bill Berrien
WISN 12 News/YYouTube

MAGA GOP Governor Candidate Drops Out After He's Caught Following Nonbinary Adult Performer Online

Wisconsin businessman and MAGA Republican Bill Berrien ended his 2026 gubernatorial campaign days after his online activities went public. A vocal transphobe, Berrien positioned himself as a strong supporter of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump and as the conservative "family values" GOP candidate.

He would have faced off against two Republican opponents in the GOP primary to see who would make it onto the the November 2026 general election ballot.

Keep ReadingShow less
David Cross
Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images

David Cross slams Saudi gig

It was no laughing matter when dozens of comedians signed on to perform at Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Comedy Festival, which premiered last week and runs through October 9. Marketed as the “world’s largest comedy festival,” the event has been billed as a milestone for the kingdom’s entertainment industry.

Organized by Turki Al-Sheikh, Chairman of the General Entertainment Authority, the festival is part of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 initiative to position the country as a hub for global cultural events. The lineup includes Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari, Pete Davidson, Andrew Schulz, Jo Koy, Bill Burr, Jessica Kirson, Jimmy Carr, and Louis C.K.—yes, the same Louis C.K. accused by multiple women of sexual harassment in 2017.

Keep ReadingShow less
Bad Bunny
John Nacion/Variety via Getty Images

MAGA Fans Are Losing Their Minds After Latino Rapper Bad Bunny Is Picked For Super Bowl Halftime Show

Puerto Rican rapper and singer Bad Bunny has sent angry MAGA fans into overdrive after he, a vocal critic of the Trump administration, was announced as the performer set to headline the 2026 Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Bad Bunny will be the first Latin male artist to headline football's largest event, a historic achievement that he acknowledged in the following statement:

Keep ReadingShow less