Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

New Audio Completely Debunks Liz Cheney Rival's Claim That She Didn't Concede Her Primary

New Audio Completely Debunks Liz Cheney Rival's Claim That She Didn't Concede Her Primary
Jim Bourg/Pool/Getty Images; Michael Smith/Getty Images
Make us preferred on Google

Politico correspondent Olivia Beavers obtained audio from Wyoming Republican Representative Liz Cheney's campaign that contradicts a claim made by her opponent Harriet Hageman that Cheney did not concede her primary after losing earlier this week.

Hageman—who has received former Republican President Donald Trump's endorsement—had lied when she claimed Cheney said “Hello, Harriet” and hung up, leaving "a very brief two-second message on my cellphone” but no actual concession.


Cheney's campaign released audio of the call to Politico and it's evident Hageman was not telling the truth.

Cheney can clearly be heard leaving the following message:

Hi, Harriet, Liz Cheney calling. It is about 8:13 on Tuesday the 16th. I’m calling to concede the election and congratulate you on the win. Thanks. Bye Bye.”

You can hear the audio below.

Beavers later updated her followers, noting she had spoken to Cheney who'd told her she'd left a "clear and direct" voicemail for Hageman before taking the stage to officially deliver her concession speech.

Cheney said she'd tried several times to speak directly to Hageman but to no avail.

Hageman's campaign was harshly criticized for lying since the Cheney campaign's audio was released.




Hageman's spokesperson attempted to counter the Cheney campaign's audio by releasing video to Politico of Hageman listening to the message for two seconds before the sound appears to cut off.

Cheney conceded defeat just as The Associated Press called the race for Hageman. The Trump pick backed Trump's lies the 2020 presidential election was stolen in stark contrast to Cheney, who was scorned by her own party because of her refusal to accept—let alone parrot—Trump's "Big Lie."

In her speech, Cheney acknowledged "Hageman has received the most votes in this primary" but hit back at falsehoods she spread, saying the United States "cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation.”

More from Trending

Screenshots of Tim Pool and Mason
Surrounded/Jubilee

Right-Wing Podcaster Storms Off Debate Show Set After Being Epically Called Out For Grifting Off Of 'Civil War' Claims

Right-wing podcaster Tim Pool was widely mocked after storming off the set of the debate series Surrounded when he was grilled over his constant claims that the United States is tracking towards a "civil war."

Pool recently appeared in Jubilee’s series, where progressive commentator Mason challenged his repeated warnings that the U.S. could be heading toward a “civil war.”

Keep Reading Show less
Scrreenshot of Jon Ossoff; Donald Trump and Natalie Harp
@Acyn/X; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Jon Ossoff Rips Trump During Speech With Brutal Dig About His Problematic Relationship With Fawning Young Aide

Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff took aim at President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his young aide Natalie Harp during a campaign speech on Sunday.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshots of Donald Trump and John Teichert
Fox News

Trump Just Threatened To 'Bomb The Sh*t Out Of' Oman—And Even Fox News Is Flabbergasted

Even Fox News is stunned after President Donald Trump threatened to "bomb the sh*t out of" Oman if the country "gets in the way" of talks between the U.S. and Iran.

Trump’s remarks came amid stalled U.S.-Iran negotiations and separate talks between Iran and Oman over how commercial shipping could resume through the Strait of Hormuz. Fox News correspondent Trey Yingst reported that Trump warned the U.S. would attack Oman if it interfered with American efforts, though Fox did not release audio of the interview.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshot of Donald Trump speaking at rally
@Acyn/X

MAGA Rally Crowd Applauds After Trump Says He'll 'Never Apologize' For Higher Gas Prices In Surreal Viral Video

President Donald Trump was met with applause from supporters in a surreal moment at a MAGA rally on Long Island, New York, after he told attendees he'd "never apologize" for higher gas costs due to his war with Iran.

A recent Gallup poll found that 55 percent of respondents felt their finances were worsening, a level of pessimism exceeding that seen during both the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. This comes as the highly unpopular war in Iran continues to rage, sending gas prices surging. Americans have spent an additional $59 billion on fuel since Trump launched the war.

Keep Reading Show less