Search
AI Powered
Human content,
AI powered search.
Latest Stories
Start your day right!
Get latest updates and insights delivered to your inbox.
Latest News
Don’t Miss Out
Join the
ComicSands.com
community and make your opinion matter.
More from
Teacher Allegedly Fired After Posting Viral Video About Her Classroom Being Covered In Mold After Summer Break—And People Are Furious
Aug 10, 2026
Back-to-school season is upon us, and in the United States, teachers have begun their "teacher prep days," during which they prepare their classrooms for the upcoming school year and do their final coursework prep.
When teacher and TikToker @alyssamia11 returned to her classroom, however, she was unable to begin her prep.
In a video that she posted on TikTok, she appeared in a comfortable outfit of leopard-print overalls, a bright red-orange tank top, and a ponytail, ready to prepare for the year. Instead, she told her audience that there was a health-hazard-level "plot twist."
She took an exasperated breath and said:
"Happy day one of classroom setup, except my entire room is covered with mold, and everything is ruined."
According to the elementary school teacher, the A/C had been turned off in the school for at least part of the summer, and thanks to moisture that commonly gets trapped in school buildings, paired with record-high temperatures this year, the teacher's entire classroom setup was covered in mold.
From all of the posters and artwork hung on her classroom walls, to the bin that she kept extra tissues and other hygiene items in, to the book collection she kept for her students, to the doors and inside paneling of all of her cabinets and drawer systems, to the entirety of her desk chair, everything needed to be thrown away.
After giving a tour of the classroom, the teacher turned the camera back to herself, visibly emotional.
"This is the reason that nobody gets into education."
"We're the ones who have to fund our classroom in the first place, but since there was no A/C all summer, everything that I poured my money into is ruined."
"I love my job with my whole heart, but we do not get paid enough for this."
"It's ridiculous, for a room that I kept clean all year, only to come back to it and see it destroyed."
The teacher has since taken down the TikTok video and has either deleted or hidden her account.
To make matters worse, the teacher was also allegedly fired for making the video and likely revealing a larger health concern of the entire school.
TikToker @tgjn988 also posted a copy of the video, along with her commentary, and a fellow TikToker chimed in in the comments, claiming that their cousin was one of the teacher's students and that she had, in fact, been fired for the video.

The video was reposted on TikTok by other accounts, as well as on X by X user @cecegkh.
X user @cecegkh pointedly said:
"Teacher posts video of mold destroying everything she paid for in her classroom… and gets fired for it."
"She was not complaining about the school’s budget. She was showing the damage to items she paid for with her own money so kids would have a decent classroom."
"This is the system. Teachers spend their own paychecks to make rooms livable, then face consequences for documenting when the building itself is unsafe."
" Parents deserve to know what their kids are walking into. Teachers should not lose their jobs for saying it."
You can watch it here:
Viewers were furious on the teacher's behalf, whether or not the rumors were true that she was fired.
Anyone who has worked in education will not be surprised to find out that the teacher was reprimanded for posting the video. Allegedly being fired might be an extreme example, but teachers have been silenced and punished in more subtle ways for speaking out or for running their classroom differently than their fellow teachers.
There's probably a safety concern in that school right now, because it's unlikely that one teacher's classroom would have this much mold without it impacting other classrooms.
Hopefully they'll be honest with the teachers and parents so that they can make informed decisions regarding their students' health, safety, and educational needs.
Keep ReadingShow less
Most Read
Resurfaced Clip Of Matt Damon Talking About How A Retail Worker Refused To Let Him Pay For Underwear Sparks Fame Debate
Aug 10, 2026
No matter your profession, everyone dreams of "making it."
Generally speaking, the term refers to financial stability of some kind, ideally when you no longer have to worry about money one way or another.
For actors, however, making it could have all sorts of different meanings.
These might include no longer needing to work a side hustle, making acting your only source of income, winning an Oscar, an Emmy, or a Tony (or all three), or seeing your face on an enormous billboard.
For Matt Damon, however, it took a pair of Calvin Klein underpants to realize he had "made it" in Hollywood.
In a recently resurfaced interview for Elle magazine from 2023, done while promoting the film Air alongside frequent collaborator and lifelong best friend Ben Affleck, both the actors and Academy-Award-Winning screenwriters were asked the first time they felt they "made it."
For Damon, it was not appearing opposite Julia Roberts in Mystic Pizza, or winning his Oscar alongside Affleck for Good Will Hunting, but instead, it came down to an unusual visit to a Calvin Klein store.
Damon shared that prior to Good Will Hunting, he owned one pair of boxer briefs, owing to the fact that they were not as popular in the late 1990s and were also expensive for the then-struggling actor:
"I think I had one pair of boxer briefs."
"They were less popular back then, you either had boxers or briefs."
"They were expensive, so I only had one pair."
"But I always looked forward to doing my laundry because I knew that was the day I was going to get to wear my boxer briefs."
The success of Good Will Hunting finally afforded Damon the opportunity to fill his underwear drawer with 20 more pairs of boxer briefs, which he was ready to purchase at a Calvin Klein store:
"After 'Good Will Hunting', I remember going to Calvin Klein and buying like twenty pairs of boxer briefs and feeling like that was it."
However, when the time came to check out, the salesperson at Calvin Klein reportedly refused to let him pay for the underwear, owing to his newfound celebrity status.
"A salesperson came running out and was insisting that she give them to me."
Enticing as free merchandise seems, Damon found the moment anticlimactic, as he was ready—and proud—to pay for his beloved boxer briefs, but the store clerk remained resolute in her refusal.
"I said 'no, no, no, you don't understand I really need to buy these, this is a rite of passage for me.'"
"And she wouldn't let me buy them."
"She said, 'I might get fired if they hear you had to come in and buy underwear."
"This is the weirdest thing, I finally have money and you're not letting me buy anything in your store, you're trying to give it to me."
"And I think that was probably the moment I realized things were different."
As the three-year-old interview started making the rounds on X (formerly Twitter), Damon's story was met with a somewhat divided reception.
Many found the fact that it was buying underwear that made Damon feel like he "made it" endearing, finding his response humble, genuine, even relatable:
Others didn't like that a celebrity, who could presumably afford many things nicer than boxer briefs, was being given free merchandise, when many are forced to save for months:
Regardless of how this story of free underwear made us feel, there is no doubt Damon has certainly "made it."
Damon has remained one of Hollywood's most potent box office draws, currently playing Odysseus in Christopher Nolan's blockbuster The Odyssey, the director's third film to gross over $1 billion worldwide.
Keep ReadingShow less
MAGA Ex-NBA Players Slammed After Claiming They're Now Trans So They Can Enter The WNBA Draft
Aug 10, 2026
Former NBA players Royce White and Enes Kanter Freedom are facing criticism after claiming they're transgender with the intention of entering the WNBA draft.
The WNBA has been at the center of controversy after Indiana Fever player Sophie Cunningham said she wants "to protect young girls in a locker room, or young girls in sport who shouldn’t have to go against biological men.” She called her beliefs "common sense," stressing that "it’s really important to protect children, and that’s little girls who are also involved in that category."
White decided share a photo of himself wearing his first wig, saying he is entering his "feminine era":
"It came y'all... My 1st wig! Tomorrow I test it on the court. This is my feminine era glow up, did I slay? If y'all don't "yassss queen" you're transphobic. I really don't understand all the hatred, I just want to play some hoops with my fellow ladies."
You can see his post below.
White later appeared on OutKick/Fox News Digital to declare that the WNBA's rules on transgender athletes were not clear, saying:
"Right now I'm just having a blast in my feminine era. I never thought I was a woman. I never thought I was a woman. I've always trusted the science and I thought I was a man my entire life, but after further review, a strong look at my personal preferences, it would appear I am indeed sometimes identifying as a transgender woman."
"I think it's only fair I get a chance to play with some of my queens here in the twilight of my career, my athletic prime. ... It's just astounding that the WNBA can't define the 'W' in the name and I think we're going through a very necessary conversation about who's actually eligible to play in these sports leagues on both sides of the gender spectrum."
"My goal is to help elevate the WNBA. I think the ticket prices and attendance will soar. I think the live audience will increase. I think ultimately it's going to help evolve the game. Who would argue that a player like myself or Enes Kanter or maybe even in the future... Maybe LeBron James wakes up and realizes he's a woman as well. Who could argue that that won't make the women's game better?"
White later issued a call to "restart deportations" and called himself "a huge fan" of efforts to wipe out "Sharia law and Marxism nationwide." He said the government has to start "arresting the deep-staters."
You can hear what he said in the video below.
In a separate post on X, Freedom said that "After careful consideration and reviewing the current eligibility guidelines, I’m officially declaring myself a WNBA prospect," adding:
"If simply declaring who you are is all that’s required, then I meet every single requirement necessary to compete in the WNBA. My team and I have carefully examined the WNBA’s eligibility criteria and governing framework surrounding self-identification and inclusion."
"Based on the current guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming WNBA draft in April 2027. I know my presence on the court will stir up strong opinions. I am definitely not here to mock, make fun of, or disrespect any community or personal choices. I’m simply asking that the current rules be applied equally to everyone — the rules that represent the very values many WNBA players and coaches have publicly advocated for."
"My team and I are prepared to ensure these guidelines are applied equally, consistently, and without exception, and I look forward to the #WNBA honoring its stated principles. See you at training camp."
You can see his post below.
Freedom also shared a video of himself in which he declared "Rules are rules!" and that he has "officially declared for the 2027 WNBA draft."
People were not impressed by their joint stunt.
White and Freedom are the latest to wade into the GOP's attacks on transgender players in sports.
Last year, Trump signed an executive order barring transgender women from competing in women's sports. The directive took effect immediately and applies to high school, college, and grassroots athletics. It also instructs the Education Department to investigate schools suspected of failing to comply.
Republicans have argued the policy protects fairness in women's sports, while LGBTQ advocacy groups and human rights organizations have condemned it as discriminatory.
The order aligns with policies already adopted by several major sports governing bodies, including those overseeing swimming, track and field, and golf, which prohibit transgender women who have undergone male puberty from competing in elite women's events.
Keep ReadingShow less
Dem Senate Nominee Masterfully Turns Trump's 'Full Of Sh*t' Insult Around On Him In Blistering Clapback
Aug 10, 2026
Michigan Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Abdul El-Sayed had a blistering response ready when asked by Sky News about President Donald Trump saying that he's "full of sh*t."
Trump was in Las Vegas on Wednesday when he accused El-Sayed of harboring animosity toward Jewish people and Israel. Trump disputed polling that had predicted a decisive victory for El-Sayed. He repeatedly described the candidate as someone who “hates Jews” and “hates Israel,” dismissing El-Sayed’s attempts to present himself as someone who “love[s] everybody.”
Trump said:
“Abdul El-Sayed, can you believe this? He’s a man of hate, and now he’s going around saying, ‘Oh I love everybody.’ He doesn’t love everybody. Put him in office, and you’re going to find out what he loves.”
Trump claimed El-Sayed harbors hatred for Jews and Israel “with a burning passion in his heart.” He then broadened his attack to criticize progressive politics, characterizing policies associated with the left as socialist and communist before returning to El-Sayed, whom he disparaged in profane terms.
He said:
“They want to go right down to the bottom of the barrel. That’s communism. They want it to be a communist country. We’re not letting them have it as a communist country. Not even for a minute."
“When I watch Abdul, he’s full of sh*t."
When a Sky News reporter asked El-Sayed to comment on Trump's assertion El-Sayed is "a gift to the Republican Party," El-Sayed replied that he is "a gift to the state of Michigan, God-willing, and I hope to win this election."
After the reporter asked him for a response to Trump's claim that he is "full of sh*t," El-Sayed replied:
“At least I don’t let mine go in the middle of the Oval Office."
You can hear what El-Sayed said in the video below.
There have long been jokes about the president defecating on himself as well as suggestions that he wears a diaper in the Oval Office.
El-Sayed's reply could very well be referencing Trump's particularly rank body odor; Trump's team even once lashed out after former Illinois Republican Representative Adam Kinzinger said Trump has an "odor" that is "something to behold."
In fact, Kinzinger said he is "genuinely surprised" that people close to Trump have not "talked about the odor," and advised anyone who might find themselves in Trump's orbit to "wear a mask if you can."
People appreciated El-Sayed's snappy response.
Trump's going to have to be a lot more quick on his feet to keep up with that level of sass, that's for sure.
Keep ReadingShow less
CVS Warns Pet Owner They'll Lose Access To Dog's Medical Records Once He Turns 18 And Is A 'Legal Adult'—And Here Come The Jokes
Aug 10, 2026
CVS pharmacies recently announced they'll begin carrying pet medications at their locations, but it seems like they haven't quiiiite worked out the kinks for the new service.
X user and pet owner @AutumnTweets has gone viral after sharing how her first experience with CVS pet meds has gone. And in a word, it's hilarious.
As she showed in an X post, Autumn received a pointed email notification from CVS that once her little dog Pippin turns 18 she will be forbidden from managing his medical care and pharmacy records.
Who knew even dogs were subject to HIPAA rules! In her caption, Autumn wrote:
"CVS is telling me my dog is going to be treated as an independent legal adults under HIPAA when he turns 18."

The post, which featured a pic of her adorable canine, also included a screenshot of the notification she received, which read:
"When Pippin turns 18, you'll lose access to their prescriptions and pharmacy records. You'll need to add them again as an adult to help manage their care."
No offense but I don't think Pippin is really equipped to handle his own medical care!

CVS' pet meds service is a new offering by the company, just launched this past July.
The company announced that their offerings will include antibiotics, allergy meds, flea and tick treatments, insulin, and pain relievers for dogs and cats, in a bid to make accessing medications easier for pet owners.
The pet meds are also available via some of the same CVS' services humans can access, like deliveries and automatic refills.
@6abcactionnews CVS Health announced Tuesday that CVS Pharmacy is now dispensing select prescription medications for dogs and cats
"We know that CVS Pharmacy is a trusted partner in our patients' health care journeys. With the launch of pet medication dispensing, our pharmacies are now able to serve every member of the family."
But apparently only until they're 18! Then those dogs and cats are on their own.
Of course, the notification Autumn received is likely just a glitch—CVS is surely not applying HIPAA to our furry friends.
But that doesn't make the entire notion not hilarious, and people on X had an absolute field day making fun of this hilarious glitch.
Autumn herself got in on the joke, posting an image of Pippin's registration for the military draft.
And apparently, this absurd glitch actually isn't all that new: People also posted their own experiences like Autumn's in which a dog was treated like a human being under the law by a pharmacy.
Anyway, Pippin, if you're reading this: As a good boy of 13 if you don't yet know how to use a smartphone and a computer, you've got five years to learn. Get crackin'—your health apparently requires it!
Keep ReadingShow less
Load More
















