Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Popular TikToker Called Out For 'Despicable' Prank After Dumping Container Of Cereal All Over New York City Subway

Popular TikToker Called Out For 'Despicable' Prank After Dumping Container Of Cereal All Over New York City Subway
@saltyarab/Twitter
Make us preferred on Google

Social media prankster Josh Popkin thought it would be funny if he "accidentally" dumped a whole multi gallon tub full of Fruity Pebbles cereal and milk all over the floor of a New York subway car for a TikTok video.


At a time when grocery stores are facing shortages of precious commodities like paper products, eggs and baking supplies (pure vanilla extract, anyone?), no one with clout should be wasting food like this for the sake of comedy. Stunts like the one these essential workers witnessed while commuting on the MTA system only makes digital content creators like Popkin—whose fckjoshy TikTok account has over 3.3 million followers—a look entitled and selfish.

His video was shared and called out for its display of privilege in front of people commuting to work during a global pandemic.

In the first of two TikTok videos posted on Tuesday, the 23-year-old spilled the contents of his container in a car full of passengers wearing masks as they scrambled to get away to prevent their shoes being soaked with milk.

He said in a voice over:

"I accidentally dropped a whole tub of cereal on the subway today."
"I was like, oh my god, this is the worst day of my life! Not my Fruity Pebbles! Everyone started moving away and filming me."

At the end of the clip, he complained:

"Surprisingly nobody offered, so I had to put all the soggy cereal back in myself."
"Someone was like, 'I cannot believe this is happening. I was like, I can't believe this is happening again'."

He was last seen exiting the car and leaving behind a milky mess for yet another essential worker to clean up.

While the TikTok video blew up online, Twitter wasn't laughing.

@3rdSquadCaptain/Twitter

In fact, people were infuriated.

@FRANCVIVANT/Twitter


@FRANCVIVANT/Twitter


@DjEmpressNyc/Twitter

Not only did he make a mess, he increased the risk of spreading the virus.

@gigglecheck/Twitter


@LMplusG/Twitterhttps://twitter.com/LMplusG/status/1260941822831910912?s=20

1

The MTA—which operates the New York transit system—slammed Popkin on Twitter, calling his stunt "a new low."

@MTA/Twitter


@gonzo5595/Twitter

People want justice.

@TheRealAppleby/Twitter


@TFrancisque/Twitter

In an unprecedented move, the 115-year-old transit system discontinued 24-hour train service during the national health crisis so that skeletal cleaning crews could routinely clean and sanitize all the subway cars thoroughly.

Up until April, Dulcedo Management represented Popkin and described him on their website as "an up and coming stand-up comedian and content creator" who makes short clips "that are typically outrageous, edgy & self-deprecating." But the talent representative has since changed their tune regarding the 23-year-old and parted ways with him last month.

Dulcedo director Benjamin Carter told Buzzfeed News:

"We also are not fans of the content that was posted in the subway nor do we think it is the positivity needed during these times."

On Friday, Popkin posted another video, saying he's "hit a new low"—echoing the criticism he received from the MTA's tweet.

He publicly apologized to the MTA, and read excerpts from some of the comments he received online.

fckjoshy on TikTokwww.tiktok.com

The "subway prank" video is no longer available on TikTok.

More from Trending

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less