Everyone has their celebrity crushes of past and present. For some, they were obvious; I'm looking at you Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, and Heath Ledger. For others, they were more obscure and wide-ranging.
The one thing that we all have in common is that our youthful celebrity crushes immediately conjure memories of our most formative years.
So, it's no surprise that writer Tim Carmody asked this question on Twitter this past Sunday...
Some people clearly dated themselves.
@tcarmody Eva Marie Saint. Sophia Loren. Faye Dunaway.— roger volz (@roger volz)1551636004.0
1. Janet Jackson, starting with “Control” and peaking with “If." 2. Thelma from Good Times. 3. Lisa Turtle from Sav… https://t.co/k6M1tndVhg— Joel D. Anderson (@Joel D. Anderson)1551634480.0
@tcarmody 1. David Bowie 2. Willem Dafoe 3. Jesse L Martin— Lirty Dies (@Lirty Dies)1551636866.0
90s kids showed up strong.
1. Sugar Ray Leonard Jr. 2. Nick Rhodes 3. 2Pac Shakur https://t.co/sybojIs4pr— StickyNsweeT (@StickyNsweeT)1551638972.0
1) Atreyu in The Neverending Story 2) Jeremy Sumpter in Peter Pan (2003) 3) Brendan Fraser in George of the Jungle https://t.co/K9weAvXCuO— little sean of horrors 👓 (@little sean of horrors 👓)1551636471.0
1. Sarah Michelle Gellar - early teen years 2. Britney Spears - high school/college 3. Carrie Underwood - early 20’… https://t.co/UhH3kYDYxQ— Kyle Rohde (@Kyle Rohde)1551638603.0
@tcarmody most formative probably has to be Heath Ledger https://t.co/NOtYv7MaN6— Sarah A. McCarty (@Sarah A. McCarty)1551637962.0
1. Bill Hader (since the ripe old age of 12, baby) 2. Viggo Mortensen 3. Rachel Weisz, specifically in the Mummy https://t.co/vTUnDbXylj— sammy the rat (@sammy the rat)1551633446.0
Some stretched back into the 70s and 80s.
As a preteen/teen: David Warner (the actor, not footballer), Harold Ramis and Tom Petty. In particular with David W… https://t.co/1Qbjz1LxSR— Catherine Shu 🧶 (@Catherine Shu 🧶)1551635984.0
Some were a bit more eclectic.
1. Jonathan Brandis 2. Malcolm X 3. Samira Wiley https://t.co/HoUFMSmrFV— Sanaa Tendaji (@Sanaa Tendaji)1551638345.0
And even modern day celebrities got in on the fun!
1. Ralph Tresvant 2. Matt Dillon 3. Reggie Theus https://t.co/pmYNtE42Ms— Gabrielle Union (@Gabrielle Union)1551633834.0
1) Al B. Sure 2) Chris Webber 3) Esai Morales https://t.co/a2xEFskTcG— Ava DuVernay (@Ava DuVernay)1551633077.0
The teenage thirst is real.