Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump's Chief of Staff Wanted National Guard 'to Protect Pro-Trump People' on Jan 6 in Surfaced E-mail

Trump's Chief of Staff Wanted National Guard 'to Protect Pro-Trump People' on Jan 6 in Surfaced E-mail
Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

Former President Donald Trump's ex-chief of staff, Mark Meadows, has ceased cooperation with the House Select Committee investigating the deadly failed insurrection of January 6, when a mob of pro-Trump extremists stormed the United States Capitol to prevent congressional certification of Biden's victory.

As a result, the Committee is recommending Meadows be held in contempt of Congress, and they're citing documents he's already turned over to make the case for why he should be compelled to testify before the committee.


One such document was a powerpoint contained in an email of Meadows' with harrowing hypotheticals for how Trump could override the people's vote and install himself for another term.

If that wasn't concerning enough, a report compiled by the committee details that further correspondence from Meadows.

According to the report:

"Mr. Meadows sent an email to an individual about the events on January 6 and said that the National Guard would be present to 'protect pro Trump people' and that many more would be available on standby."

Meadows sent the email on January 5—the night before the insurrection.

The implication, of course, is that Meadows and, by extension, the Trump administration weren't concerned with protecting those who weren't "pro Trump" as the former President's supporters shattered windows, ransacked offices, beat police officers, and called for the execution of lawmakers.

It's worth noting that it was hours after the insurrection was underway that Trump finally told his supporters to vacate the Capitol, noting that he loved them and that they were "very special." At least one Republican lawmaker has said Trump was overjoyed at reports of the riot.

People were deeply disturbed by this latest revelation.







Others weren't surprised.



The committee is likely to introduce more revelations as the investigation continues.

More from People/donald-trump

Donald Trump holding photos of White House ballroom
Salwan Georges/The Washington Post via Getty Images

CNN Just Used A Hilarious Poll To Show Just How Unpopular Trump's Ballroom Is—And We're Cackling

After President Donald Trump claimed that his new White House ballroom is "very popular" with the American public, CNN shared a hilariously shady poll that gets to the truth of the matter.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @devynnehaddoxx's TikTok video
@devynnehaddoxx/TikTok

Woman In Labor Times How Long Her Husband Takes To Poop To See If She Can Push Their Baby Out Faster In Hilarious Viral Video

It's well-known across the internet that it takes forever for men to use the restroom. For dads especially, in the time it takes them to poop, when they return to the house, their kids will have aged seven years, and their baby will have learned to walk.

These are jokes, of course, but it's an internet consensus that men spend a really long time on the porcelain throne.

Keep ReadingShow less
David Letterman (left) has continued defending Stephen Colbert (right) as CBS faces backlash over canceling The Late Show.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images; Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images

David Letterman Rips 'Lying Weasels' At CBS For Claiming Colbert Was Canceled For Financial Reasons In Epic Takedown

David Letterman isn’t staying quiet about CBS canceling The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. As Colbert’s run comes to an end later this month, the former late-night host is publicly challenging the network’s claim that the decision was purely financial.

Letterman, who hosted The Late Show from 1993 until stepping down in 2015, addressed the controversy during a new interview with New York Times journalist Jason Zinoman.

Keep ReadingShow less
Billie Eilish on 'Good Hang'
Good Hang with Amy Poehler/YouTube

Billie Eilish's Refreshingly Blunt Take On Aging And 'Botched' Plastic Surgery Has Fans Nodding Hard

You know what they say: the grass is greener on the other side. Most people want something that they don't have.

While many people right now are fixated on appearing younger than their age, Billie Eilish—who already looks younger than her age—is looking forward to what comes next.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @archerhayesofficial's TikTok video
@archerhayesofficial/TikTok

Guy Films As Couple Delays Flight By An Hour After They Refused To Sit Apart From Each Other

TikToker Archer Hayes was ready to fly incognito with a baseball cap pulled down low, sunglasses, and his hoodie pulled up and tied around his face, ready to relax in the window seat.

Instead, Hayes recorded an entitled couple who delayed the flight by more than an hour—all because they were not seated together.

Keep ReadingShow less