Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Lara Trump Criticized For Forcing Son To Play Outside During Hurricane Ian As 'Character Building' Exercise

Lara Trump Criticized For Forcing Son To Play Outside During Hurricane Ian As 'Character Building' Exercise
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images; @laraleatrump/Instagram

Social media users reacted with alarm after Fox News contributor and Trump campaign spokesperson Lara Trump—the wife of former Republican President Donald Trump's son Eric—was shown on video playing with her young son during Hurricane Ian just before the storm made landfall in Florida.

Trump shared a video to her social media channels of her and her visibly upset son playing outside during heavy rain, in what she referred to as a "character building" exercise.


Emergency preparedness experts recommend limiting outdoor activities before and after a hurricane as lightning strikes and tornadoes are a serious hazard.

You can see the video Trump shared below.

The Category 4 storm—which meteorologists believed would soon become a Category 5—is the ninth named storm, fourth hurricane and second major hurricane of the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season.

Millions of people in Florida have been told to evacuate and those that haven't have been instructed to hunker down at the risk of facing maximum winds clocking in at 155 miles per hour.

Storm surges also come in very fast.

The steady rains can cause flash floods in ditches and streets in just moments.

Earlier this week, the storm battered the island of Cuba, killing two people in the city of Pinar del Rio. Millions in the country are without power after Ian caused the entire power grid to collapse.

Given the very real dangers, many reacted with alarm to the video.

People criticized Trump's parenting, saying she should be referred to Child Protective Services (CPS).




Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis urged residents to take the storm seriously and said there will be more requests for federal assistance for those displaced by the storm.

DeSantis confirmed he'd liaisoned with the federal government and spoken to Democratic President Joe Biden. DeSantis later told Fox News personality Sean Hannity "we all need to work together regardless of party lines," noting the Biden administration quickly "approved our request for a pre-landfall declaration."

DeSantis and Biden have previously been at odds as DeSantis—a GOP favorite to run in 2024—criticized the Biden administration on everything from immigration to Democrats' efforts to protect reproductive rights.

The White House stressed the political differences between Biden and DeSantis would not affect the federal government's disaster response—a marked difference from the Trump administration.

More from Trending

Alec Baldwin; Elon Musk; Lupita Nyong'o
John Nacion/FilmMagic; Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images; Bruce Glikas/WireImage

Alec Baldwin Just Effortlessly Shut Down Elon Musk's Criticism Of Christopher Nolan Casting Lupito Nyong'o In 'The Odyssey'

Once again Hollywood decided to cast a Black woman in a movie and once again conservatives are having a temper tantrum about it—especially Elon Musk.

The far-right weirdo had a full crashout on X about Lupita Nyong'o's casting as Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's forthcoming The Odyssey adaptation, leading many to rake him over the coals.

Keep ReadingShow less
Javier Bardem; Donald Trump
Samir Hussein/WireImage; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Javier Bardem Calls Out Trump's 'Male Toxic Behavior' In Fiery NSFW Rant—And He's Spot On

Oscar-winning actor Javier Bardem criticized President Donald Trump and other despotic world leaders at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, condemning the "male toxic behavior" they exhibit on a regular basis.

Bardem spoke while promoting director Rodrigo Sorogoyen's The Beloved, in which he stars as an acclaimed director forced to reckon with his distant relationship with his daughter. Bardem said the film is itself an exploration of toxic masculinity, namely “the bad education that we have received for many ages."

Keep ReadingShow less
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Nicolas Koutsokostas/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Kimberly Guilfoyle Gets Dragged Hard Over Her Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony In Greece For New McDonald's

U.S. Ambassador to Greece Kimberly Guilfoyle was widely mocked after gushing over a new McDonald's location at The Mall in Athens, referring to it as the "most technologically advanced McDonald's in all of Europe."

Guilfoyle took to social media with the following message, sharing photos from the ribbon-cutting ceremony:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Eric Metaxas
@atrupar/X

Clip Of MAGA Speaker At Prayer Event Claiming God 'Raised Up' Trump To Build His Ballroom Is Peak MAGA

MAGA author and radio host Eric Metaxas was criticized after claiming that God "raised up" President Donald Trump after two centuries so he could build his new White House ballroom.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less
Pete Buttigieg; Sean Duffy
CNN; Eric Lee/Getty Images

Pete Buttigieg Perfectly Shames Sean Duffy Over His 'Road Trip' Reality Show With A Reminder Of His Own 'Taxpayer-Funded Road Trip'

On Friday, May 8, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's Secretary of Transportation returned to his Fox News stomping grounds to announce a return to his reality TV roots with a five-part YouTube series. Duffy, who was a self-described party boy on MTV's Real World: Boston back in the 1990s, owes his name value to his time on reality TV.

Following his first stint in the Real World franchise, Duffy returned to compete on MTV Road Rules, later meeting his wife, Fox & Friends Weekend co-anchor Rachel Campos-Duffy—herself a notorious hard partier from Real World: San Francisco—on an installment of the program.

Keep ReadingShow less