Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Ted Cruz Tried Warning Texans To Prepare For The Winter Storm—And It Backfired Instantly

Ted Cruz Tried Warning Texans To Prepare For The Winter Storm—And It Backfired Instantly
Greg Nash/Pool/Getty Images
Make us preferred on Google

Senator Ted Cruz, a Texas Republican, attempted to warn his constituents to prepare for a major winter storm that is producing snowfall, rain and sleet across wide swaths of the Midwest and Southwest only for his efforts to backfire instantly.

Cruz's recommendation that Texans prepare for the storm by stocking such items as warm clothes, blankets, extra batteries, a first-aid kit, and non-perishable food rang hollow, his critics said, reminding him that he is still widely perceived as having abandoned Texans when he went on vacation during a severe winter storm one year ago.


The Senator nonetheless issued these recommendations with no sense of irony whatsoever.

Cruz dealt with considerable national backlash after he flew to Cancún while millions of people went without food and water as a result of the February 2021 Texas power disaster. At least 246 people were killed directly or indirectly; some estimates suggested that as many as 702 people were killed as a result of the crisis.

Notably, Cruz ultimately refused to take responsibility for his actions.

In an interview shortly after the controversy erupted with conservative radio host Dana Loesch, Cruz blamed criticism on "Trump withdrawal," implying that any and all criticism of his behavior amounted to little more than political histrionics because of former President Donald Trump's absence from the news cycle.

Cruz suggested that Trump "broke the media," accusing media outlets of merely wanting "to engage in political attacks." He claimed he went to Cancún to accompany his daughters, an apology that did not sit well with his critics either.

He insisted that his only faux pas had been simply "wanting to be a good dad," claiming that he'd only accompanied them for a single night before flying back to Texas. However, Cruz’s social media accounts had not acknowledged any official travel.

Cruz's critics were out in full force in the wake of his message and accused him of hyocrisy.



Although Cruz has continued to claim that the idea to go on the trip came from his daughters, his claim has not held up under scrutiny.

The New York Times later published text messages obtained from the inner circle of Cruz and his wife Heidi. They showed that Heidi Cruz messaged her friends to tell them that the Cruz home was “FREEZING” and that the family would be staying with friends to ride out the disaster.

When she asked if anyone wanted to head to Cancún for a week, no one answered.

Cruz later said that his wife was “pissed” about the leaked text messages, adding that those who handed their private communications to reporters should learn to "treat each other as human beings" and "have some degree, some modicum of respect.”

More from Trending

Screenshots of Tim Pool and Mason
Surrounded/Jubilee

Right-Wing Podcaster Storms Off Debate Show Set After Being Epically Called Out For Grifting Off Of 'Civil War' Claims

Right-wing podcaster Tim Pool was widely mocked after storming off the set of the debate series Surrounded when he was grilled over his constant claims that the United States is tracking towards a "civil war."

Pool recently appeared in Jubilee’s series, where progressive commentator Mason challenged his repeated warnings that the U.S. could be heading toward a “civil war.”

Keep Reading Show less
Scrreenshot of Jon Ossoff; Donald Trump and Natalie Harp
@Acyn/X; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Jon Ossoff Rips Trump During Speech With Brutal Dig About His Problematic Relationship With Fawning Young Aide

Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff took aim at President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his young aide Natalie Harp during a campaign speech on Sunday.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshots of Donald Trump and John Teichert
Fox News

Trump Just Threatened To 'Bomb The Sh*t Out Of' Oman—And Even Fox News Is Flabbergasted

Even Fox News is stunned after President Donald Trump threatened to "bomb the sh*t out of" Oman if the country "gets in the way" of talks between the U.S. and Iran.

Trump’s remarks came amid stalled U.S.-Iran negotiations and separate talks between Iran and Oman over how commercial shipping could resume through the Strait of Hormuz. Fox News correspondent Trey Yingst reported that Trump warned the U.S. would attack Oman if it interfered with American efforts, though Fox did not release audio of the interview.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshot of Donald Trump speaking at rally
@Acyn/X

MAGA Rally Crowd Applauds After Trump Says He'll 'Never Apologize' For Higher Gas Prices In Surreal Viral Video

President Donald Trump was met with applause from supporters in a surreal moment at a MAGA rally on Long Island, New York, after he told attendees he'd "never apologize" for higher gas costs due to his war with Iran.

A recent Gallup poll found that 55 percent of respondents felt their finances were worsening, a level of pessimism exceeding that seen during both the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. This comes as the highly unpopular war in Iran continues to rage, sending gas prices surging. Americans have spent an additional $59 billion on fuel since Trump launched the war.

Keep Reading Show less