Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Carlos Santana Apologizes For 'Insensitive' Anti-Trans Rant At Concert

Carlos Santana
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

The musician sparked outrage from fans after a video of his anti-trans rant during a concert in New Jersey in July went viral.

Make us preferred on Google

Renowned guitarist Carlos Santana has issued an apology for what he referred to as "insensitive comments" he made during a concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey, last month.

Clips of an anti-trans rant resurfaced from the event, sparking criticism and backlash. During the July concert, Santana expressed his views on gender identity, stating that "a woman is a woman and a man is a man, that's it."


The guitarist's comments were met with applause from the audience, but they also led to concerns and discomfort among attendees.

Santana also touched on the idea of privacy and individual choices, mentioning that whatever someone chooses to do "in the closet" is their personal business. He referenced comedian Dave Chappelle, known for his controversial stance on trans issues and his transphobic jokes.

You can hear what Santana said in the video below.

Santana said:

“When God made you and me, before we came out of the womb, you know who you are and what you are."
"Later on, when you grow out of it, you see things, and you start believing that you could be something that sounds good, but you know it ain’t right."
"Because a woman is a woman and a man is a man. That’s it."
"Whatever you wanna do in the closet, that’s your business. I’m OK with that.”


Santana was harshly criticized for his remarks as many called out his blatant transphobia.


In a message shared to his Facebook page that was later removed on Thursday, Santana said he was sorry for his “insensitive comments":

“They don’t reflect that I want to honor and respect all person’s ideals and beliefs. I realize that what I said hurt people and that was not my intent. I sincerely apologize to the transgender community and everyone I offended."
“Here is my personal goal that I strive to achieve every day. I want to honor and respect all person’s ideals and beliefs whether they are LGBTQ or not. This is the planet of free will and we have all been given this gift."
"I will now pursue this goal to be happy and have fun, and for everyone to believe what they want and follow in your hearts without fear. It takes courage to grow and glow in the light that you are and to be true, genuine, and authentic."
"We grow and learn to shine our light with Love and compliments. Have a glorious existence. Peace.”

You can see what he wrote below.

Facebook screenshot of Carlos Santana's postCarlos Santana/Facebook

Santana's publicist has not responded to questions about why the apology was removed.

More from Trending

Screenshot of Wayne Allyn Root talking to Donald Trump over the phone
Real America's Voice

Critics Sound The Alarm After Trump Floats Idea Of Declaring 'National Emergency' For Midterm Elections

President Donald Trump was criticized after floating the idea of declaring a "national security emergency" ahead of the November midterms.

Real America's Voice host Wayne Allyn Root brought the idea up to Trump while discussing the "SAVE America Act," a sweeping federal elections bill that, among other things, complicates voting for individuals whose legal name does not match their birth certificate and poses a restrictive photo ID requirement for voting that disproportionately impacts minorities.

Keep ReadingShow less
Arby's Restaurant
Patrick T. Fallon/AFP/Getty Images

Woman Sparks Debate After Revealing Absurd Price She Paid For Single Arby's Sandwich Through Uber Eats

It's no secret that prices are on the rise for groceries and other basic necessities, but when it comes to services of convenience, like food delivery services, an increasing number of people are questioning if paying is worth it.

One woman ordered one Arby's roast beef sandwich, with no sides or drink, but because she ordered it via delivery and also had to pay a long-distance charge, the fees quickly piled up.

Keep ReadingShow less
Julie Andrews
Gilbert Flores/Variety/Getty Images

Julie Andrews Reveals Why She 'Passed' On Reprising Her Role For 'Princess Diaries 3'—And Fans Are Bummed

In a world full of nostalgic sequels based on late '90s and early 2000s films, one sequel that's dividing fans is Princess Diaries 3, namely because their beloved Queen Clarisse, portrayed by the timeless Julie Andrews, will not be returning.

Originally adapted from Meg Cabot's novels, the Princess Diaries franchise has followed Queen Clarisse and her granddaughter, Mia Thermopolis, portrayed by Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway. The general arc of the story involved the Queen training her granddaughter to be a proper princess and guiding her as an heir to the throne as the eventual Queen of Genovia.

Keep ReadingShow less
'Harry Potter' Fans Force $580 Million Underwater Power Cable To Be Rerouted Due To Fictional 'Grave' Site
Matthew Horwood/Getty Images

'Harry Potter' Fans Force $580 Million Underwater Power Cable To Be Rerouted Due To Fictional 'Grave' Site

Uh, Harry Potter fans, are you okay?

The series has always had a deeply devoted fanbase, but the recent manifestation of that fervor is, uh, a bit over the top.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lucy Davis; screenshot from Instagram of Lucy Davis
Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic/Getty Images; @reallucydavis/Instagram

Celebs And Fans Rally Around 'The Office' UK Star After She Reveals 'Incurable' Cancer Diagnosis With Poignant Video

Lucy Davis is an English actor best known for playing Dawn Tinsley in the original BBC version of the comedy The Office (2001-2003), zombie apocalypse baddie Dianne in the horror-comedy Shaun of the Dead (2004), Steve Trevor's assistant Etta Candy in Wonder Woman (2017), and Aunt Hilda Spellman in the Netflix series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018-2020).

Most recently, Davis could be seen as mom Eva/Surge on the Disney Channel's The Villains of Valley View (2022-2023).

Keep ReadingShow less