Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Musk Dragged After He Threatens To Sue Anti-Defamation League Over Lost X Revenue

Elon Musk
Chesnot/Getty Images

The X owner says he has 'no choice' but to sue the ADL, which he directly blames for lost revenue on the site after they criticized the social media platform's rise in hate speech and restored accounts that were previously banned.

Elon Musk was widely criticized after he announced he has "no choice" but to sue the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)—which specializes in civil rights law and combats antisemitism and extremism—because he blames them for $22 billion in lost revenue on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Musk lashed out amid the organization's long-standing concerns about the social media platform's rise in hate speech and restored accounts that were previously banned, actions that advertisers have cited as reasons for their exodus from the platform.


In a post on the website, Musk made his threat quite clear:

"To clear our platform’s name on the matter of anti-Semitism, it looks like we have no choice but to file a defamation lawsuit against the Anti-Defamation League … oh the irony!"

You can see Musk's message below.

X's value has plunged since Musk’s purchase last year and he said on Monday that the ADL “seems to be responsible for most of our revenue loss.”

He said in another post that the organization’s “unfounded accusations” have kept advertisers away:

"Advertisers avoid controversy, so all that is needed for ADL to crush our US [and] European ad revenue is to make unfounded accusations. They have much less power in Asia, so our ad revenue there is still strong."
This 'controversy' causes advertisers to 'pause,' but that pause is permanent until ADL gives the green light, which they will not do without us agreeing to secretly suspend or shadowban any account they don’t like."
"That is the relationship they’ve had with X/Twitter for many years. Presumably, they have that with all western search or social media orgs."

You can see Musk's post below.

Musk also welcomed former Fox News personality Tucker Carlson to join his lawsuit since the ADL had also pressured Fox News advertisers when Carlson used White supremacist talking points in many of his segments for the network.

Musk, who has repeatedly claimed to be a "free-speech absolutist," drew criticism for his legal threats against an organization known for combating hate speech and discrimination.



Musk, who paid $44 billion to purchase the social media platform, has repeatedly insisted that Twitter needs to go private if it wants to become a platform for free speech, though he has repeatedly come under fire for silencing his critics and spreading misinformation.

Last year, he erroneously blamed "activist groups" for a "massive drop" in Twitter's ad revenue after multiple companies stopped advertising on the platform, saying they'd successfully pressured advertisers "even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease" them.

More from People

Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Flavin Stallone
Bryan Steffy/Getty Images for amfAR

Sylvester Stallone's Wife Ripped For Her Bizarre Comments About Trans Kids In Hollywood

Sylvester Stallone’s wife, Jennifer Flavin, sat down with Stephen Miller's wife, Katie, for an appearance on an episode of the conservative, right-wing The Katie Miller Podcast.

Flavin, who married Stallone in 1997, gave her unqualified opinion about why some celebrities have transgender children. Despite having no experience or training in psychology or medicine, the former model—who began her relationship with Stallone when she was 19 and the action star was in his 40s—opined that celebrity parents’ children are transgender because of a lack of “structure” in their lives.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of MAGA woman from viral TikTok
@therobbieharvey/TikTok

MAGA Woman Berates Couple For Speaking Spanish At Missouri Pizza Hut Because 'English Is The Capital Of America'

A woman at a Pizza Hut in Gladstone, Missouri, went viral when she was asked to leave after she was caught on video berating a couple for speaking Spanish instead of English, declaring that she's "standing up for America" because "English is the capital of America."

The couple are Puerto Ricans—born U.S. citizens—but that wasn't enough for the unidentified woman, who told them they should "go back there" and insisted they were Mexican while continuing to push back even after a restaurant employee moved to kick her out.

Keep ReadingShow less
Karoline Leavitt
Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Dragged For Laughably Juvenile Text Reply To Journalist's Question

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt was criticized after she shared a text exchange she'd had with Huffington Post reporter S.V. Dáte in which she gave a laughably juvenile response to his question about who chose Budapest for President Donald Trump's now-canceled meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump announced last week that he and Putin planned to meet in Budapest within two weeks to discuss the war in Ukraine. A preparatory meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov had been scheduled for this week, but the White House said the two instead spoke by phone and that an in-person meeting was no longer “necessary.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity and George Santos
Fox News

Sean Hannity Asked George Santos If He'll Pay Back Money He Stole—And His Answer Says It All

Disgraced former New York Republican Representative George Santos didn't surprise a soul after he gave Fox News personality Sean Hannity a waffling answer when asked if he'll still pay back the hundreds of thousands of dollars he stole from victims of his financial schemes.

Santos' short-lived political career was derailed by allegations of fabricating his background, misusing campaign funds for luxury items and Botox, and leaving a trail of victims behind him as a known fraud and identity thief. He received a seven-year sentence for crimes that the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York argued “made a mockery” of the electoral process.

Keep ReadingShow less
man in white dress shirt and woman in red top
Gama. Films on Unsplash

Married Couples With Double Incomes And No Kids Reveal How Their Lives Are Going

The term DINK stands for "Double Income, No Kids." It refers to a growing number couples choosing not to have kids while both partners work full-time. DINKS cite financial concerns, increasing costs of raising children, and the desire for personal freedom.

Two incomes with no children provides more disposable income for travel, hobbies, and investments. DINKs generally have a higher net worth compared to people with kids and can focus on career development.

Keep ReadingShow less