Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Damning Texts Suggest Don Jr. Had Plans to Steal the Election Before He Even Knew Trump Lost

Damning Texts Suggest Don Jr. Had Plans to Steal the Election Before He Even Knew Trump Lost
Alex Wong/Getty Images // Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

Former President Donald Trump's ex-chief of staff, Mark Meadows, is the key figure in a number of disturbing text exchanges with Fox News personalities on January 6 of last year, the day a mob of pro-Trump extremists stormed the United States Capitol in a failed effort to abort the congressional certification of then-President-elect Joe Biden's 2020 election victory.

But a newly-reported series of Meadows' text messages with Trump's eldest son, Donald "Don" Trump Jr., dates back months before a victor was even declared.


Let's set the scene.

For months, the Biden and Trump campaigns, along with election officials and anyone with an eye on the news, were expecting an unprecedented number of mail-in ballots due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for which there were no vaccines at the time. The Trump campaign and Trump himself leapt to sow doubt in the 100+ year old institution of voting by mail, falsely claiming the process was rife with fraud.

Due to Trump's smears against mail-in voting, coupled with his constant dismissal of the pandemic's severity, it came as no surprise that mail-in ballots were far more likely to be from Democratic voters rather than Republican ones.

Because mail-in ballots take longer to process than in-person votes, Trump's early lead evaporated as more mail-in ballots were processed, leading him to lie that mysterious "ballot dumps" were being supplied to rob him of an election victory. In reality, these were just mail-in ballots being counted.

Some states were barred from beginning to process mail-in ballots until Election Day, leading to a protracted counting period that lasted for nearly a week after the November 3rd Election Day. It was during this period, on November 5, that Trump Jr. was texting Meadows, assuring him that team Trump had all the means necessary to install then-President Trump for a second term.

According to a recent report from CNN, Trump Jr. texted Meadows:

"It's very simple ... We have multiple paths[.] We control them all. ... We have operational control. Total leverage. Moral high ground. POTUS must start second term now.”"

The message laid out a bevy of strategies to overturn the election. In addition to public pressure for recounts and audits that Trump Jr. hoped would prevent states from certifying their electoral votes, there was also a strategy to appoint fraudulent Trump-friendly electors in swing states—a move they believed would give then-Vice President Mike Pence the leverage to declare dueling electors. Ideally, Pence (who eventually reached the same consensus as most experts and declared the method unconstitutional) would've thrown out these electoral votes, giving Trump a majority by dismissing the votes of millions of Americans.

Trump Jr. said of this and similar schemes:

"This is what we need to do please read it and please get it to everyone that needs to see it because I'm not sure we're doing it."

In the months that followed, that's exactly what the Trump team would do. The House Select Committee investigating the events of January 6 uncovered a memo from Trump lawyer John Eastman urging Pence to deploy the fake elector plan, which he called the "Green Bay Sweep." There's evidence that fraudulent electoral votes sent from swing state Republicans to the National Archives were actually coordinated by the Trump campaign.

Trump Jr.'s lawyer told CNN:

"After the election, Don received numerous messages from supporters and others. Given the date, this message likely originated from someone else and was forwarded."

But social media users say it was further confirmation that Trump and his allies were planning to steal the election all along if faced with defeat.






They demanded accountability and speculated that Jr. and his father, along with the rest of Trump's circle, were in violation of the law.



It remains to be seen what consequences, if any, they'll

More from People/donald-trump

Matt Gaetz; alien making heart symbol
Brandon Bell/Getty Images; MediaProduction/Getty Images

Matt Gaetz Dragged After Claiming U.S. Government Has Secret Alien-Human 'Breeding Programs'

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's first choice for Attorney General is back in the news, but not because his replacement, Pam Bondi, just got fired.

Former Florida MAGA Republican Representative Matt Gaetz made a wild claim while speaking with far-right podcaster Benny Johnson. Gaetz said he was briefed about a top secret breeding program between extraterrestrials and humans being conducted by the United States government.

Keep ReadingShow less
Karoline Leavitt; Donald Trump
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images; Alex Brandon/Pool/Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Is Getting Dragged Hard After Claiming That Trump Is The 'Most Well-Read Person In The Room'

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt had people rolling their eyes after she showered praise on President Donald Trump for being the "most well-read person in the room."

Leavitt was speaking at George Washington University as part of Turning Point USA's latest tour of college campuses when she made the claim while in conversation with Turning Point USA CEO Erika Kirk. Kirk, the widow of the late far-right activist Charlie Kirk, after Kirk asked her about lessons she'd learned while on the job.

Keep ReadingShow less
Pam Bondi; Screenshot of Donald Trump "South Park" character
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images; Comedy Central

'South Park' Epically Trolls Pam Bondi With Hilariously Gross Send-Off After Her Firing

After President Donald Trump announced that Pam Bondi would be leaving her post as attorney general and "transitioning" to a role in the private sector, South Park shared a fitting send-off from a 2025 episode that featured Bondi.

Although South Park is currently between seasons, the show’s X account posted for the first time in more than two months shortly after Bondi lost her job.

Keep ReadingShow less
Charlie Day smiles on the red carpet during a Paley Center event appearance.
Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty Images

'Super Mario Bros' Star Charlie Day Just Made A Seriously Dark Joke About Luigi—And Fans Are Stunned

On paper, it’s a softball setup: You voice Luigi. You’re asked about Luigi. You say Luigi.

But Charlie Day… did not do that.

Keep ReadingShow less
A young attendee wearing a NASA cap with a mounted GoPro is interviewed by CNN at Kennedy Space Center ahead of the Artemis II launch.
Courtesy of CNN

CNN Asked A Kid Why He Was At The Artemis II Launch—And His Hilarious Response Is Everything

As crowds gathered for the Artemis II launch on Wednesday, one young attendee managed to steal the spotlight from the rocket itself with a response no one saw coming. The boy was at Kennedy Space Center in Florida with a GoPro strapped to his black NASA cap, having traveled to witness the first human-crewed mission to the Moon in more than 50 years.

As he waited, a CNN reporter approached him with a question whose answer usually involves some variation of “inspiration,” “history,” or “science.”

Keep ReadingShow less