Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Laverne Cox Offers Hilarious Response After Fans Mistake Her For Beyoncé At The U.S. Open

Laverne Cox Offers Hilarious Response After Fans Mistake Her For Beyoncé At The U.S. Open
Bruce Glikas/Getty Images; Mason Poole/A.M.P.A.S. via Getty Images
Make us preferred on Google

The internet had quite a fangirl moment last night when Beyoncé appeared to be in the stands of the U.S. Open during a match between her friend Serena Williams and Montenegran tennis player Danka Kovinic.

But upon closer look, many were certain it wasn't Beyoncé but rather Laverne Cox, whose face mask made her a dead ringer for Queen Bey. Soon a wave of confusion settled in on Twitter as people tried to suss out who exactly it was.


Before long, Cox herself was chiming in to confirm it was in fact her who was in the stands cheering on Williams in a series of tweets that had fans chuckling.

Cox quote-tweeted a post which declared her the "2nd biggest winner tonight" for being "mistaken for Beyonce all night. Which is a career highlight for literally anyone."

Hard to argue with that, and Cox agreed, responding "Absolutely!" along with a cheer for Williams.

But even after that, some people were still confused which icon was in the stands.

So Cox took to Twitter again later in the evening to set the record straight.

She told another tweeter, "Girl, it was me. Lol."

Mystery solved!

But one glimpse at Cox in the stands, as in the video below, quickly revealed why this became such a mystery.

Pretty much a dead ringer for Queen Bey if you're not paying close attention--especially in since-deleted photos

And given Bey's and Williams' close friendship—Williams even had an iconic cameo in Beyoncé's "Lemonade" film back in 2016—it would make sense she'd be at the event—though perhaps not just casually seated in the stands.

She is Queen Bey, after all.

The ultra-flattering mix-up had even Cox herself cutting up online, posting a group of confused tweets about the situation to Instagram that she called "funny as hell."

Her caption said it all:

"Not me getting mistaken for @Beyonce at the #USOpen tonight then trending on Twitter as the internet cackles over the mistaken identity. These tweets are funny as hell. Enjoy!!!"

And the internet definitely did enjoy, posting a flood of funny tweets about the mix-up.




Williams announced this season of tennis will be her last.

She will proceed to the next round in the U.S. Open on Wednesday after besting Kovinic last night.

No doubt Beyoncé was cheering her on, even if not from the stadium.

More from Entertainment/celebrities

Screenshots of Tim Pool and Mason
Surrounded/Jubilee

Right-Wing Podcaster Storms Off Debate Show Set After Being Epically Called Out For Grifting Off Of 'Civil War' Claims

Right-wing podcaster Tim Pool was widely mocked after storming off the set of the debate series Surrounded when he was grilled over his constant claims that the United States is tracking towards a "civil war."

Pool recently appeared in Jubilee’s series, where progressive commentator Mason challenged his repeated warnings that the U.S. could be heading toward a “civil war.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Scrreenshot of Jon Ossoff; Donald Trump and Natalie Harp
@Acyn/X; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Jon Ossoff Rips Trump During Speech With Brutal Dig About His Problematic Relationship With Fawning Young Aide

Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff took aim at President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his young aide Natalie Harp during a campaign speech on Sunday.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Donald Trump and John Teichert
Fox News

Trump Just Threatened To 'Bomb The Sh*t Out Of' Oman—And Even Fox News Is Flabbergasted

Even Fox News is stunned after President Donald Trump threatened to "bomb the sh*t out of" Oman if the country "gets in the way" of talks between the U.S. and Iran.

Trump’s remarks came amid stalled U.S.-Iran negotiations and separate talks between Iran and Oman over how commercial shipping could resume through the Strait of Hormuz. Fox News correspondent Trey Yingst reported that Trump warned the U.S. would attack Oman if it interfered with American efforts, though Fox did not release audio of the interview.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump speaking at rally
@Acyn/X

MAGA Rally Crowd Applauds After Trump Says He'll 'Never Apologize' For Higher Gas Prices In Surreal Viral Video

President Donald Trump was met with applause from supporters in a surreal moment at a MAGA rally on Long Island, New York, after he told attendees he'd "never apologize" for higher gas costs due to his war with Iran.

A recent Gallup poll found that 55 percent of respondents felt their finances were worsening, a level of pessimism exceeding that seen during both the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. This comes as the highly unpopular war in Iran continues to rage, sending gas prices surging. Americans have spent an additional $59 billion on fuel since Trump launched the war.

Keep ReadingShow less