Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Kellyanne Conway Reveals The One Person Trump 'Reserves Fear For' In Jan. 6 Testimony Transcript

Kellyanne Conway; Donald Trump
Riccardo Savi/Getty Images; Sean Rayford/Getty Images

The former Trump adviser told the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot that she tried to contact the only person Trump feared—his own wife.

Former Trump administration senior adviser Kellyanne Conway told the House Select Committee tasked with investigating the January 6 insurrection she grew concerned when the protest turned violent and turned to First Lady Melania Trump in an effort to get the rioters to stand down.

According to Conway, former Republican President Donald Trump "reserves fear for" his wife, so much so Conway believed reaching out to her would be the best course of action.


Conway's testimony to the House Select Committee was released earlier this week, part of a series of disclosures following the release of the committee's final report, which held Trump responsible for the attack to subvert the 2020 election results and backed criminal charges against him.

Conway said she texted the former First Lady because she knows Trump "listens to her":

“I texted her, please—something to the effect of, you know, please talk to him, because I know he listens to her. He reserves—he listens to many of us, but he reserves fear for one person, Melania Trump.” ...
“She didn’t know what was going on. And I’m offended that nobody ran in there to tell the First Lady of the United States that, I mean, she and her teenage son may be, I don’t know, at risk.”

Conway's claim Melania Trump "didn't know what was going on" mirrors the latter's own claim that she was cataloging items in the White House's East Wing at the time of the attack.

In fact, Melania Trump told Fox News last summer that she was “fulfilling one of my duties as first lady” by cataloging items and was therefore “unaware of what was simultaneously transpiring” at the United States Capitol.

That claim was debunked by Stephanie Grisham, who served as White House Press Secretary at the time of the attack—and would be the first Trump administration official to resign following it.

Grisham shared alleged texts from Melania Trump showing that she had declined Grisham's suggestion that she condemn "lawlessness [and] violence."

Conway's admission Trump "reserves fear for his wife" prompted many to speculate about the extent of Melania Trump's power.



The relationship between Conway—best known for coining the phrase "alternative facts"—and Trump soured some time ago.

Last year, Trump lashed out at his former aide after she revealed in her memoir she personally told him he lost the 2020 presidential election to Democrat Joe Biden.

Conway—who served as Trump's campaign manager in 2016 and was later appointed Counselor to the President—wrote in her memoir Here's the Deal she “may have been the first person Donald Trump trusted in his inner circle who told him that he had come up short this time.”

Her admission angered Trump, who quickly denied she'd ever told him he'd lost the election he continues to allege was stolen despite all evidence to the contrary.

More from People/donald-trump

dog and cat snuggling together
Krista Mangulsone on Unsplash

Times Pet Owners 'Severely Underestimated' Their Pets' Intelligence

I've lived with cats—because no one owns a feline—most of my life. Some have been very clever creatures while others were real dingbats.

Family members have owned dogs whose talents also ran the gamut.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scott Bessent
Meet the Press/NBC News

Scott Bessent Blasted Over His Bonkers Suggestion For How To Bring Your Own Inflation Rate Down

Continuing to follow the example of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent appeared on Meet the Press Sunday to blame Democratic President Joe Biden for the financial downturn caused by Trump's tariff fiasco, then lied repeatedly about the state of the economy.

Meet the Press host Kristen Welker played a clip of MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance telling a conservative audience at a Breitbart News event that Americans owe the Trump administration "a little bit of patience"—apparently while they figure out what tariffs are and how they work since they're rolling back more of them to lower consumer prices despite claiming Trump's tariffs don't affect consumer prices.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lindsay Lohan attends the men's final during day fifteen of the 2025 US Open Tennis Championships at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Elsa/Getty Images

Lindsay Lohan Is Now Sporting A New Accent—And Fans Aren't Sure What To Make Of It

In a twist freakier than a sequel to Freaky Friday, Lindsay Lohan has debuted yet another new accent—this time at the Fashion Trust Arabia Awards in Doha, Qatar.

Draped in a maroon, jewel-trimmed gown by The New Arrivals Ilkyaz Ozel and accompanied by her husband, Bader Shammas, and their 2-year-old son, Luai, the actress looked serene, elegant, and completely unbothered by the collective whiplash she was about to inflict on the internet.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jameela Jamil
Gilbert Flores/Variety/Getty Images

Jameela Jamil Speaks Out Against The Rise Of The 'Aesthetic Of Emaciation' Among Women In Hollywood

Content Warning: eating disorders, thinness as an aesthetic, emaciation in Hollywood

There's no denying that we've been gifted with some incredible music, television shows, and films this year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Screenshot of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour 2"
Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP via Getty Images; New Line Cinema

Trump Is Now Using His Presidential Sway To Pressure Studio Into Making 'Rush Hour 4'—And, Huh?

President Trump has reportedly pressured Paramount head Larry Ellison to make another sequel to Rush Hour, his favorite buddy-cop movie, as the company looks to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery.

The first Rush Hour film, starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, was released in 1998, received positive reviews, and made $245 million worldwide. Chan and Tucker returned for two sequels released in 2001 and 2007 respectively.

Keep ReadingShow less