Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Man Offers Warning After Parents And Brother Who Refused Vaccine All Die Of Virus Within Days Of Each Other

Man Offers Warning After Parents And Brother Who Refused Vaccine All Die Of Virus Within Days Of Each Other
Francis Basil Goncalves/Facebook

In the span of one week, Cardiff based chef Francis Goncalves lost both of his parents as well as his younger brother to Covid-19.

Goncalves' parents and brother were all living in Portugal at the time. According to Wales Online he believes his father caught the disease after being in the hospital to be treated for kidney stones and spread it to his mother and brother at a subsequent meal.


After all three were hospitalized, Goncalves' younger brother, Shaul, 40, died on July 17, his father Basil, 73, on July 20, and his mother Charmagne, 65, on July 24.

While Goncalves made every effort to be with his family before they passed, his father and brother were both gone before his arrival. When he did finally arrive, his mother had been put into a medically induced coma.

While his parents both had underlying health issues, Goncalves told The Independent his younger brother, Shaul was "the healthiest person" he knew.

"If he wasn't working out in the gym or running, he was going on walks."
"He hadn't drunk in 15 years and had a plant-based diet."

There was one unfortunate factor his parents and brother did have in common, however.

All three refused to receive a Covid-19 vaccine.

Goncalves blamed fearmongering from anti-vaxxers as the reason behind his family's refusal to get vaccinated, ultimately costing them their lives.

"It preys on people who are afraid and they fall into the trap."
"The message I want to get out is why would the government want to hurt you by giving you a vaccine? What is the purpose behind it?"
"I've spoken to so many people who are terrified of the vaccine and it costs lives.

Goncalves told BBC News while he doesn't expect his grief will end any time soon, the outpouring of love and condolences he's received from friends and family has greatly helped him get through this incredibly hard time.

"People have contacted me and offered condolences - I haven't gone through a day since without someone getting in touch."

The 43-year-old chef also posted a haunting photo of his family in their coffins on Twitter, all the while making a plea not to give in to propaganda and fearmongering.

After reading about his Tragic story, Goncalves received support and sympathy on Twitter.







Many used this tragedy as a lesson in not giving in to baseless propaganda and believing reputable doctors and science.



Goncalves' family is currently buried in a communal graveyard dedicated to Covid-19 victims in Lisbon, Portugal.

While he hopes to move them one day, telling The Independent the location doesn't represent his family, he's not sure that will ever happen.

"They said the entire time during Covid they'd never had three bodies brought in together from the same family."
"...unfortunately not knowing enough about Covid there is no intention of moving them ever."

In a heartbreaking interview with Sky News, Goncalves said how difficult it was to plan and witness a funeral for three of his family members.

He went on to say "misinformation" should be called "disinformation", and if his family had gotten vaccinated, at least one of them would still be alive today.

More from Trending

Alec Baldwin; Elon Musk; Lupita Nyong'o
John Nacion/FilmMagic; Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images; Bruce Glikas/WireImage

Alec Baldwin Just Effortlessly Shut Down Elon Musk's Criticism Of Christopher Nolan Casting Lupito Nyong'o In 'The Odyssey'

Once again Hollywood decided to cast a Black woman in a movie and once again conservatives are having a temper tantrum about it—especially Elon Musk.

The far-right weirdo had a full crashout on X about Lupita Nyong'o's casting as Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's forthcoming The Odyssey adaptation, leading many to rake him over the coals.

Keep ReadingShow less
Javier Bardem; Donald Trump
Samir Hussein/WireImage; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Javier Bardem Calls Out Trump's 'Male Toxic Behavior' In Fiery NSFW Rant—And He's Spot On

Oscar-winning actor Javier Bardem criticized President Donald Trump and other despotic world leaders at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, condemning the "male toxic behavior" they exhibit on a regular basis.

Bardem spoke while promoting director Rodrigo Sorogoyen's The Beloved, in which he stars as an acclaimed director forced to reckon with his distant relationship with his daughter. Bardem said the film is itself an exploration of toxic masculinity, namely “the bad education that we have received for many ages."

Keep ReadingShow less
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Nicolas Koutsokostas/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Kimberly Guilfoyle Gets Dragged Hard Over Her Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony In Greece For New McDonald's

U.S. Ambassador to Greece Kimberly Guilfoyle was widely mocked after gushing over a new McDonald's location at The Mall in Athens, referring to it as the "most technologically advanced McDonald's in all of Europe."

Guilfoyle took to social media with the following message, sharing photos from the ribbon-cutting ceremony:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Eric Metaxas
@atrupar/X

Clip Of MAGA Speaker At Prayer Event Claiming God 'Raised Up' Trump To Build His Ballroom Is Peak MAGA

MAGA author and radio host Eric Metaxas was criticized after claiming that God "raised up" President Donald Trump after two centuries so he could build his new White House ballroom.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less
Pete Buttigieg; Sean Duffy
CNN; Eric Lee/Getty Images

Pete Buttigieg Perfectly Shames Sean Duffy Over His 'Road Trip' Reality Show With A Reminder Of His Own 'Taxpayer-Funded Road Trip'

On Friday, May 8, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's Secretary of Transportation returned to his Fox News stomping grounds to announce a return to his reality TV roots with a five-part YouTube series. Duffy, who was a self-described party boy on MTV's Real World: Boston back in the 1990s, owes his name value to his time on reality TV.

Following his first stint in the Real World franchise, Duffy returned to compete on MTV Road Rules, later meeting his wife, Fox & Friends Weekend co-anchor Rachel Campos-Duffy—herself a notorious hard partier from Real World: San Francisco—on an installment of the program.

Keep ReadingShow less