Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Zuckerberg Rips Musk For Coming Up With Excuses Not To Fight Him: 'It's Time To Move On'

Mark Zuckerberg; Elon Musk
Araya Doheny/Getty Images for Breakthrough Prize, Chesnot/Getty Images

The Meta CEO called out the X owner for not being 'serious' about their proposed cage fight in a pointed post on Threads.

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has declared that the proposed cage fight with fellow billionaire Elon Musk is no longer a consideration due to Musk's lack of seriousness about the event.

The details of the proposed showdown were never firmly established, and Zuckerberg has now expressed his intent to move on from the idea.


Zuckerberg shared his perspective on the situation in a post on the social platform Threads, emphasizing that Musk has not confirmed a date for the fight.

He wrote:

"Elon won’t confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead."
ā€œIf Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me. Otherwise, time to move on. I’m going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously.ā€

You can see Zuckerberg's post below.

Threads screenshot of @zuck's post@zuck/Threads

The feud between Zuckerberg and Musk, both prominent tech figures, had led to the suggestion of a cage fight between the two billionaires.

Zuckerberg, known for practicing Brazilian jiu-jitsu, had proposed August 26 as a potential date for the fight. However, Musk had not confirmed the date, leaving the event's status uncertain.

Last week, Musk indicated that the fight would be streamed on his platform X (formerly Twitter), which he owns. He claimed to be preparing for the fight by lifting weights and announced that the proceeds from the event would be donated to "charity for veterans."

The absurdity of the entire situation exposed both men to online criticism.







The rivalry between the two tech giants initially gained traction when Meta launched Threads, a platform seen as a competitor to Twitter, which Musk owns.

Threads, an extension of Instagram, enables users to conveniently subscribe to all their Instagram connections with a single click. This streamlined process contributes to the rapid expansion of Threads' user base, allowing individuals to create an account within minutes.

While Threads initially attracted a significant number of sign-ups, reports later suggested that user retention and engagement were declining.

More from People

Screenshot of Lisa and Dr. Mehmet Oz
The Katie Miller Podcast

Dr. Oz Accidentally Tells The Truth About The Trump Administration's Gaslighting—And Yeah, That Tracks

Speaking on the podcast of former Trump administration official Katie Miller, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Trump's administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, accidentally told the truth about the administration's gaslighting of the American public.

Oz admitted that people "might not like us" but then had a Freudian slip that says all you need to know about an administration that is called out on a daily basis for openly lying and obfuscating.

Keep ReadingShow less
Karoline Leavitt
Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Gets Awkward Reminder After Claiming Anything On Truth Social Is 'Directly From President Trump'

During the Wednesday press briefing, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt directly contradicted her boss, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump.

Leavitt told the White House press corps:

Keep ReadingShow less
Keke Palmer attends the 8th Annual American Black Film Festival Honors at SLS Hotel.
Savion Washington/WireImage via Getty Images

Keke Palmer Explains Why She's 'Almost 100% Sure' She's Asexual In Candid Post—And Fans Are Here For Her

Keke Palmer had the internet talking after revealing she is ā€œalmost 100 percent sureā€ that she’s asexual. The Emmy-winning actress shared the revelation in a sultry Valentine’s Day Instagram post featuring a chic pixie cut, a champagne-toned halter corset top, a thin gold necklace, and stud earrings.

But while the photos turned heads, it was her caption that sparked the conversation.

Keep ReadingShow less
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; Brad Reese's Open Letter to Todd Scott
Julia Ewan/TWP/Getty Images; Brad Reese/LinkedIn

Grandson Of Reese's Founder Shames Hershey Co. For 'Replacing' Candy's Iconic Ingredients In Powerful Open Letter

Brad Reese, the grandson of H.B. Reese, who invented Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, is now speaking up about the quality of the product and his grandfather's original promise: real peanut butter and real milk chocolate.

When H.B. Reese invented the deliciously simple candy, he pointed out that using real ingredients wasn't a marketing tactic for him; it was a promise to the consumer that they knew what they were eating, and that what they were eating was real food.

Keep ReadingShow less
Elon Musk
Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images

X User Asks What The First Thing You'd Do If You 'Wake Up As Elon Musk'—And Everyone Had The Same Idea

Billionaire Elon Musk was widely mocked on his own platform after X user @buffys opened a veritable Pandora's box by asking what people would do if they woke up as him one day.

The question was simple:

Keep ReadingShow less