Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

U.S. General Isn't Ruling Out Aliens After Fourth Unidentified Object Shot Down In Eight Days

YouTube screenshot of Air Force General Glen VanHerck
Tom Cotton/YouTube

Gen. Glen VanHerck, commander of NORAD, said he hasn't 'ruled out anything at this point.'

After an American fighter jet shot down an unidentified object on Sunday, February 12—the fourth such downing in eight days—Air Force General Glen VanHerck commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) told reporters he hasn't ruled out the objects might be extraterrestrial in origin.

When asked about the possibility of alien activity, VanHerck said he will "let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out," adding that he hasn't "ruled out anything at this point.”


VanHerck said his agency "will continue to assess every threat or potential threat unknown that approaches North America with the attempt to identify it."

You can hear his remarks in the video below.

Concerns about flying objects in North American skies hit a fever pitch in the last week after a Chinese spy balloon set off a diplomatic crisis and was later shot down over the Atlantic Ocean after the Pentagon advised President Joe Biden to wait until there would be no danger to people or property.

Since then, at least three other objects have been shot down.

One, which was shot down over Alaska, was described as “cylindrical and silverish gray” and with “no identifiable propulsion system.” Another, which was shot down along the U.S.-Canadian border, was described as a “small, cylindrical object," while a third, shot down over Lake Huron, was described as “an octagonal structure” with strings.

While one of these objects was initially described as a balloon, VanHerck said he is "not gonna categorize them as balloons" because his agency is "calling them ‘objects’ for a reason."

He added:

“Certainly the event off the South Carolina coast for the Chinese spy balloon, that was clearly a balloon. These were objects.” ...
“It could be a gaseous type of balloon inside a structure, or it could be some type of a propulsion system."

While an official with the Department of Defense (DOD) said there is "no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent take downs," that hasn't stopped people from making memes and tweeting about the situation.

The jokes pretty much wrote themselves.



Amid all the hullabaloo over flying objects, the Chinese government has accused the United States of “illegally” flying high-altitude balloons into its airspace more than 10 times since January 2022,

The Chinese Foreign Ministry made the accusation without evidence, saying it is “common for US balloons to illegally enter other countries’ airspace.”

The White House has denied Beijing's accusation, noting that China "has a high-altitude surveillance balloon program for intelligence collection" that it has used to violate the sovereignty of the U.S. and over 40 countries across 5 continents."

Adrienne Watson, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council, said China is "scrambling to do damage control" after having "failed to offer any credible explanations for its intrusion into our airspace, airspace of others."

More from Trending

Rich Ruohonen
David Berding/Getty Images

MAGA Is Melting Down After Olympic Curler From Minnesota Speaks Out To Condemn ICE

Richard Ruohonen is a curler from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, about 18 minutes north of Minneapolis. At 54 years old, Ruohonen's first appearance at the Winter Olympics is historic as he's the oldest athlete to ever represent the United States.

He is a two-time national curling champion and a World Senior Curling Championship silver and bronze medalist, but his full-time profession is as a lawyer. Ruohonen is a six-time Minnesota Lawyer Attorney of the Year winner.

Keep ReadingShow less
Matthew Modine attends the Los Angeles premiere of Netflix's "Stranger Things" Season 5.
Monica Schipper/WireImage via Getty Images

Matthew Modine's Brutally Blunt Reaction To The 'Stranger Things' Finale Is Going Viral—And Yikes

The fallout from Stranger Things' fifth and final season continues, as fans, critics, and now former cast members share their thoughts on how the story wrapped. Joining in season one, American actor Matthew Modine portrayed Dr. Martin Brenner, aka “Papa,” to Millie Bobby Brown’s Eleven.

Dr. Brenner was a shadowy government scientist tied to the U.S. Department of Energy and deeply involved in the events unfolding in Hawkins, including the disappearance of Will Byers. Initially positioned as the series’ primary antagonist, Brenner loomed large over Eleven’s traumatic upbringing and the origins of her powers.

Keep ReadingShow less
Maxim Naumov
Qian Jun/MB Media/Getty Images

U.S. Figure Skater Who Lost Both Parents In DC Crash Has Internet In Tears With Emotional Olympic Debut

Fans of Olympic figure skating, the moment we've all been waiting for has finally arrived: Maxim Naumov's Olympic debut.

Naumov grew up on the ice at the International Skating Center of Connecticut in Simsbury, where both of his parents coached after their time together in the Olympics.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of  Todd Lyons and LaMonica McIver
@Acyn/X

Democratic Rep. Goes Viral After Bluntly Asking ICE Director If He Thinks He's Going To Hell

New Jersey Democratic Representative LaMonica McIver went viral after questioning acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) chief Todd Lyons before a meeting of the House Homeland Security Committee Tuesday and asking him if he thinks he's going to hell as ICE continues to face national outrage amid the ongoing immigration crackdown.

Alongside the heads of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Lyons was among the three top immigration officials who testified in a hearing called in the wake of the shootings of Renee Nicole Good and Alex Pretti by federal enforcement agents in Minneapolis.

Keep ReadingShow less
Alyssa Liu with her gold medal before and after it broke
Andy Cheung/Getty Images; @frigouscigous/TikTok

Olympians Are Speaking Out After Their Medals Keep Breaking—And It's A Big Yikes

Olympians might have the incredible honor of representing their countries in the Summer and Winter Games, and they might even receive an impressive amount of gear from a wide variety of luxury brands, but there's one very important thing they all deserve.

If they win a medal, their medal should be able to be worn on their Olympic lanyard without breaking.

Keep ReadingShow less