Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Neve Campbell Opens Up About The Possibility Of Returning As Sidney Prescott In 'Scream 7'

Neve Campbell
Michael Loccisano/EveryStory2023/Getty Images

The actor, who starred in the first five 'Scream' films before turning down 'Scream 6' due to a low offer, said she 'would not be surprised to get a call' as 'Scream 7' struggles.

Neve Campbell recently opened up about the possibility of returning to the Scream franchise after opting out of the sixth installment due to a lowball offer, and it doesn't seem like a Sidney Prescott comeback is out of the question... "under the right circumstances."

Back in 2022, Campbell rejected a return for the sixth film, also titled Scream, because she felt the offer on the table was completely unfair, noting it would have been much higher if she were a male lead.


But now the franchise has lost two of its leading actors as well as a director, and the OG Scream heroine thinks it's just a matter of time before she "gets a call."

In November, Scream (the sixth) star Melissa Barrera was fired after sharing pro-Palestine social media posts following the uprising of conflict in the Middle East between Israel and Hamas.

Shortly after, it was announced that Jenna Ortega, as well as director Christopher Landon, were also exiting the project.

Given the current chaos, Campbell revealed she "would not be surprised" if someone contacts her soon.

She told the Hollywood Reporter:

“I know things are spinning at the moment and I would imagine they are spinning at the top trying to figure out what they’re going to do. I would not be surprised to get a call."

The actor continued, however, that she still holds her prior position.

“But at the same time, I made a strong statement a few years ago, which is I did not believe that the way that I was treated would’ve happened if I had been a male and that I deserve a certain thing for having carried this franchise for as long as I have.”

Campbell also shared a similar statement with IndieWire, which you can watch below.

People applauded Campbell for sticking to her guns and emphasized she should return only "under the right circumstances."







Of course, fans really want to see Sidney Prescott back in the franchise.





As recently as last month, Scream 7 was aiming for a late 2024 or early 2025 release, but given the absence of key actors and a director, we wonder if that's still an attainable goal.

Stay tuned...

More from Trending

Screenshot of Lisa and Dr. Mehmet Oz
The Katie Miller Podcast

Dr. Oz Accidentally Tells The Truth About The Trump Administration's Gaslighting—And Yeah, That Tracks

Speaking on the podcast of former Trump administration official Katie Miller, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Trump's administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, accidentally told the truth about the administration's gaslighting of the American public.

Oz admitted that people "might not like us" but then had a Freudian slip that says all you need to know about an administration that is called out on a daily basis for openly lying and obfuscating.

Keep Reading Show less
Karoline Leavitt
Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Gets Awkward Reminder After Claiming Anything On Truth Social Is 'Directly From President Trump'

During the Wednesday press briefing, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt directly contradicted her boss, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump.

Leavitt told the White House press corps:

Keep Reading Show less
Keke Palmer attends the 8th Annual American Black Film Festival Honors at SLS Hotel.
Savion Washington/WireImage via Getty Images

Keke Palmer Explains Why She's 'Almost 100% Sure' She's Asexual In Candid Post—And Fans Are Here For Her

Keke Palmer had the internet talking after revealing she is “almost 100 percent sure” that she’s asexual. The Emmy-winning actress shared the revelation in a sultry Valentine’s Day Instagram post featuring a chic pixie cut, a champagne-toned halter corset top, a thin gold necklace, and stud earrings.

But while the photos turned heads, it was her caption that sparked the conversation.

Keep Reading Show less
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; Brad Reese's Open Letter to Todd Scott
Julia Ewan/TWP/Getty Images; Brad Reese/LinkedIn

Grandson Of Reese's Founder Shames Hershey Co. For 'Replacing' Candy's Iconic Ingredients In Powerful Open Letter

Brad Reese, the grandson of H.B. Reese, who invented Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, is now speaking up about the quality of the product and his grandfather's original promise: real peanut butter and real milk chocolate.

When H.B. Reese invented the deliciously simple candy, he pointed out that using real ingredients wasn't a marketing tactic for him; it was a promise to the consumer that they knew what they were eating, and that what they were eating was real food.

Keep Reading Show less
Elon Musk
Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images

X User Asks What The First Thing You'd Do If You 'Wake Up As Elon Musk'—And Everyone Had The Same Idea

Billionaire Elon Musk was widely mocked on his own platform after X user @buffys opened a veritable Pandora's box by asking what people would do if they woke up as him one day.

The question was simple:

Keep Reading Show less