Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump's Campaign Manager Made A Devastating Admission About Trump's 'Rhetoric' In Post-1/6 Text Message

Trump's Campaign Manager Made A Devastating Admission About Trump's 'Rhetoric' In Post-1/6 Text Message
Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for SiriusXM; Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

The House Select Committee investigating the January 6 insurrection revealed private texts from former Republican President Donald Trump's ex-campaign manager Brad Parscale in which he admitted Trump's “rhetoric killed someone."

In the days after the attack—which took place after a White nationalist led mob of Trump's supporters attacked the United States Capitol on the false premise the 2020 general election was stolen—Parscale texted former Trump spokesperson Katrina Pierson telling her Trump was a "sitting President asking for civil war" and "I feel guilty for helping him win.”


When Pierson told Parscale he had only been doing "what you felt was right at the time and therefore it was right," Parscale noted "a woman is dead"—a reference to insurrectionist Ashli Babbitt who was killed by a law enforcement officer as she attempted to climb through the broken windows of the House Speaker's Lobby to gain access to members of Congress sheltering in the House chamber.

Pierson disagreed, telling Parscale it "wasn’t the rhetoric" that got Babbitt killed, but Parscale was firm that "Yes it was."

You can read the texts below.

Parscale's admission was a tacit acknowledgment of the consequences of Trump's behavior, which culminated in a violent insurrection that left at least five people dead and resulted in over 100 injuries to law enforcement as well as millions of dollars in damages.

And for many, it was the most glaring evidence yet of Trump's intent to overthrow the nation's seat of government and a sign the attack was a wakeup call for even his most ardent supporters.




Babbitt spent fourteen years in the United States Air Force before she became radicalized by the QAnon conspiracy theory which alleges Democrats are part of a Satan-worshipping, baby eating global pedophile ring that conspired against Trump during his time in office.

She also used her social media accounts to promote calls for a violent uprising that would lead to Trump's second inauguration.

Lieutenant Michael Byrd—the member of the U.S. Capitol Police who shot and killed Babbitt when she attempted to breach the House chamber—recalled yelling for rioters to back away from the doors.

Then in a moment captured on video, he fired a single shot that struck Babbitt in the shoulder. She would later die of her injuries.

In an August 2021 interview with NBC News conducted after he gave the news outlet permission to identify him when authorities declined to do so, he said he only fired his gun as a "last resort."

The DOJ ultimately cleared Byrd of wrongdoing and closed the investigation, noting in a press release the investigation found no evidence Byrd fired his gun without believing it had been "necessary" to do so "in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber."

More from People/donald-trump

Screenshot of AI-generated Trump Mobile logo from video
@TrumpMobile/X

New Trump Mobile Promo Video Called Out For Being AI Slop In Hilariously Blunt Fact-Check

Following backlash from MAGA fans who complained they'd not received their Trump Mobile phones or their $100 deposits back, the company announced that it is indeed shipping out the phones soon by releasing a new AI video of what they look like, only to be criticized for revamping a phone that is already on the market.

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less