Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

A New Report Claims Michael Cohen Rigged Online Polls in Donald Trump's Favor, and Cohen Just Responded

A New Report Claims Michael Cohen Rigged Online Polls in Donald Trump's Favor, and Cohen Just Responded

Alrighty, then.

Make us preferred on Google

John Gauger, the director of polling firm RedFinch Solutions LLC, told The Wall Street Journal that President Donald Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen hired his firm to rig two online polls in the president's favor. Cohen paid less than half of what was owed in cash which he handed off to Gauger in a Wal-Mart shopping bag that also contained a boxing glove Cohen said was from a Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter.

Gauger's lawyer, Charles James, told the Journal that Cohen "promised but never was able to develop the business he predicted." And Cohen is accepting responsibility for the part he played in the ruse, responding to the news in a tweet. Cohen said what he did "was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of" Donald Trump.


"I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it," he added.

Cohen, who was sentenced to three years in prison last month for campaign finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud, and later pleaded guilty for lying to a Senate committee about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, was greeted with rather supportive responses. Cohen once infamously claimed that he would "take a bullet" for the president, but his cooperation with Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe has many believing he's turned over a new leaf.

Cohen has agreed to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on February 7, a decision which has left him open to the attacks from both the president and his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.

Last week, three top Democrats warned the president that any attempts to obstruct and influence witness testimony could be construed as a crime after he accused Cohen of lying about him to win leniency from federal prosecutors and alleged potential legal problems involving Cohen’s father-in-law.

Trump had made the comments during a Fox News interview with network host Jeanine Pirro, claiming that Cohen, who has agreed to testify before Congress next month, had “no information” on him.

“He’s in trouble on some loans and fraud and taxicabs and stuff that I know nothing about,” Trump said at the time. “And in order to get his sentence reduced, he says, I have an idea, I’ll tell — I’ll give you some information on the president.”

Trump then implied authorities should investigate Cohen’s father-in-law, whose name he said he did not know, “because that’s the one that people want to look at. That’s the money in the family.”

“I don’t know, but you’ll find out, and you’ll look into it because nobody knows what’s going on over there,” he said when Pirro asked him to elaborate.

The president’s statements prompted Representatives Elijah Cummings (MD), Adam Schiff (CA), and Jerrold Nadler (NY), who respectively chair the Intelligence, Judiciary and Oversight committees, to release the following a joint statement in response:

“The integrity of our process to serve as an independent check on the Executive Branch must be respected by everyone, including the President. Our nation’s laws prohibit efforts to discourage, intimidate, or otherwise pressure a witness not to provide testimony to Congress. The President should make no statement or take any action to obstruct Congress’ independent oversight and investigative efforts, including by seeking to discourage any witness from testifying in response to a duly authorized request from Congress.”

Others who weighed in, including Representative Ted Lieu (D-CA) agreed that Trump is trying to intimidate Cohen and suggested he is guilty of a felony under 18 U.S.C. 1512, which outlines consequences for those who tamper with witnesses, victims, and informants.

Giuliani, for his part, had a flippant reaction when questioned about Cohen's decision to testify before Congress next month.

“Big deal!” he said. “I have no concerns about Cohen at all because I can prove with very little effort that he is a total, complete and absolute liar.”

More from People

Pete Hegseth
Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images

Pete Hegseth's Past Comments About Hygiene Resurface After He's Caught On Video Running His Snotty Hands Through His Hair

Remarks about not having washed his hands "in 10 years" resurfaced after Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth was caught on video wiping his nose with his hands before immediately running those same hands through his hair.

Hegseth was seen doing just that while listening to Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent deliver remarks. Footage went viral after it was shared by progressive journalist Aaron Rupar.

Keep ReadingShow less
John Hinckley Jr. (left) shares a new message for Jodie Foster (right) 45 years after the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan.
The Mark Joseph Show/YouTube; Gary Gershoff/WireImage

John Hinckley Jr. Shares New Message For Jodie Foster 45 Years After Shooting Ronald Reagan To Impress Her

Some Hollywood stories fade with time. The disturbing history connecting Jodie Foster and John Hinckley Jr. is not one of them. For those who don’t know, on March 30, 1981, Hinckley waited outside the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C., where President Ronald Reagan had just addressed 5,000 members of the AFL-CIO.

As Reagan emerged from the hotel, Hinckley fired six shots from a revolver. One bullet ricocheted off Reagan’s limousine and struck him beneath his arm. White House Press Secretary James Brady, police officer Thomas Delahanty and Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy were also wounded.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Scott MacFarlane
Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images; CNN

Journalist Reveals Just How Much Money Has Been Diverted From National Parks For Trump's Vanity Projects—And People Are Livid

In a series of articles for MacFarlane News and MeidasTouch, videos, and an appearance on CNN, Chief Washington Correspondent for MeidasTouch Scott MacFarlane blew the whistle on MAGA Republican President Donald Trump’s raiding of National Park Service (NPS) funds. Aided by his Interior Secretary Doug Burgum, Trump diverted NPS money to pay for all of his White House and Washington D.C. vanity projects.

Trump’s hand-selected, mostly unwanted and unnecessary White House grounds and National Mall projects—things like a botched reflecting pool resurfacing, golden decor, a helipad, a ballroom, gilded statues, and giant flagpoles—alone took $423 million from major national parks across the country.

Keep ReadingShow less
Woman using hair tie
aire images/Getty Images

Engaged Woman Sparks Theories After Finding Strange Hair Tie Near Her And Fiancé's Home Entryway

Finding out that your partner is cheating doesn't always have to involve accidentally seeing a nefarious text message or walking in on the act. But sometimes, signs of what could be cheating might have a far stranger explanation.

Posting in the "Girl Dinner Diaries" subReddit, Redditor Jack-of-not posted a photo of an open-faced sandwich and explained what she'd discovered:

Keep ReadingShow less
Jenna Ortega
Esquire/X

Jenna Ortega Reveals Heartbreaking Reason She'd Go 'All Day' Without Eating Or Drinking On Set As Child Actor

During an interview with Esquire, Wednesday star Jenna Ortega admitted that she didn't recall any mistakes she made as a childhood star, and that might be the exact problem.

Though she's best-known now for her role in Wednesday, Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, and even Yes Day, Ortega's career began years before that when she lived out in the Coachella Desert.

Keep ReadingShow less