Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

After "Bizarre" and "Pointless" Briefings, Is Spicer Out?

After "Bizarre" and "Pointless" Briefings, Is Spicer Out?

The White House barred journalists from recording video or audio footage during Monday afternoon's White House press briefing. Jim Acosta, CNN's Senior White House Correspondent, condemned the White House's action in statements to his Twitter followers and rebuked White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer for ignoring his questions. Acosta later called the briefing "bizarre."


The White House press secretary is getting to a point where he’s just kind of useless,” Acosta said after the briefing, noting that Spicer conducted the last on-camera briefing last Monday. “If they’re getting to this point where he’s not going to answer questions or go on camera or have audio, why are we even having these briefings or gaggles in the first place?”

Spicer himself provided conflicting explanations when asked by several reporters, including Time's Zeke Miller, “why our friends in radio and television can’t use this live.”

“There are days where we decide that the president’s voice should be the one who speaks for the administration,” Spicer responded. He acknowledged that President Donald Trump had spoken earlier that day at a photo opportunity with Juan Carlos Varela, the president of Panama. When another reporter told Spicer to "please ask the president to be ever so kind and step up here and answer some questions" on days no cameras or audio recording devices are permitted, Spicer said, "I’ll be sure to share your sentiments with the president."

Although the White House has made no official announcement, a senior White House official and three people familiar with the potential changes confirmed Spicer has discussed taking a more behind-the-scenes role overseeing the administration's communication strategy.

“Spicer should be elevated and if he’s not, I would not blame him for leaving,” said the White House official. “The president owes him this much for all he’s done for him. Sean is indispensable and I think the president knows that.”

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the Deputy White House Press Secretary, confirmed yesterday that interviews are underway for new members of the communications team. Several candidates are being considered, including former Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell, Scott Reed, a senior political strategist at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Fox News commentator Laura Ingraham, whose consideration has attracted significant press attention.

“We have sought input from many people as we look to expand our communications operation,” Sanders said. “As he did in the beginning, Sean Spicer is managing both the communications and press office.”

More from News

Jesse Watters
Fox News

Jesse Watters Dragged After Adding Another Mind-Boggling Rule For 'Real Men'

Fox News host Jesse Watters, who is apparently an authority of what it means to be a manly man, gave jazz hands to make a point about how "real men" should or shouldn't wave.

The target of his ridicule was Tim Walz, the enthusiastic Democratic Minnesota governor and vice presidential candidate who often greets the public by raising both hands in the air to wave.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of crowd at town hall and Rep. Mike Flood
@MorePerfectUS/X; KETV NewsWatch 7

GOP Rep. Goes Viral For His Response To Crowd Chanting 'Tax The Rich' At Town Hall

Nebraska Republican Representative Mike Flood was criticized following his incredulous response to a crowd that chanted "Tax the rich!" during a town hall meeting.

The Columbus High School auditorium hosted the town hall on Tuesday evening, drawing "nearly 380" attendees, according to local network KETV Omaha. The event was lively, with Flood facing both sharp criticism over Trump administration policies and some appreciation for showing up in person.

Keep ReadingShow less
Elon Musk
Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Awkward Typo In Elon Musk's Bizarre 'Education Department' Trump Meme Is A Total Self-Own

Billionaire Elon Musk was widely mocked after he celebrated President Donald Trump's executive order to begin to dismantle the Department of Education (DOE) by posting a meme of Trump at the department's grave, only for an awkward misspelling to get all the attention.

Polling indicates that eliminating the Education Department is largely unpopular, with 60% of registered voters opposing the move, according to a Quinnipiac University survey conducted March 6-10. Support stands at 33%, with opposition particularly strong among Democrats—98% oppose it, while just 1% support it.

Keep ReadingShow less
JB Pritzker; Donald Trump
Jacek Boczarski/Anadolu via Getty Images; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Dem Governor Reveals Trump's Bonkers Demand In Exchange For Equipment During COVID

Illinois Democratic Governor J.B. Pritzker revealed during a speech this week that he clashed with President Donald Trump during the first Trump administration after Trump promised necessary medical equipment during the COVID pandemic on the condition that Pritzker praise him publicly.

Five years ago, the United States was grappling with the initial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The country had entered shutdowns that had severe economic consequences, leaving businesses and industries on the brink of collapse.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scrabble tiles spelling the word scam
Scam spelled with scrabbles on a wooden table

People Break Down How They Realized An Entire Industry Was A Total Scam

We unfortunately live in a world where scams are on the rise.

Thankfully, some of them are pretty easy to detect, such as an automated call from the IRS telling you a warrant is out for your arrest, or an email claiming to be from Amazon or the USPS asking for your credit card information, only to look closer and see the email address is a yahoo account.

Keep ReadingShow less