Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Giuliani Has Man Arrested For 'Assaulting' Him At Grocery Store—But Security Footage Says Otherwise

Giuliani Has Man Arrested For 'Assaulting' Him At Grocery Store—But Security Footage Says Otherwise
Committee on Arrangements for the 2020 Republican National Committee via Getty Images; @RonFilipowski/Twitter

Former President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani claimed he'd been "assaulted" at a grocery store but his story did not hold up once the store released security footage of the encounter.

A worker at a ShopRite store on Staten Island, New York was arrested after slapping Giuliani on the back and calling him a “scumbag” during a campaign event for his son Andrew, who launched a gubernatorial bid but has failed to secure the support of New York's Republican leadership.


The incident was initially reported as an assault but the security footage shows while Giuliani appeared surprised by the slap on the back, it did not leave him physically reeling as had been suggested by the former mayor.

You can watch the footage for yourself below.

Afterward, Giuliani told The Curtis Silwa Show, a program hosted by Republican activist Curtis Silwa, who was the Republican nominee for the 2021 New York City mayoral election, that he had felt "a shot on my back, like somebody shot me."

He added that he is grateful to be in "pretty good shape because if I wasn’t I’d’ve hit the ground and probably cracked my skull.” He went further during an interview with The New York Times, saying that he had red marks on his back after the incident and that he felt fortunate that he was still capable of walking.

The man in question, a 39-year-old, has been charged with second-degree assault, a charge that carries a sentence of at least two years in federal prison.

But the footage itself immediately cast doubt on Giuliani's version of events, and he was immediately criticized for lying and exaggerating about the severity of the encounter.



ShopRite said in a statement that it was aware of the incident and that the company had “zero tolerance for aggression toward anyone.”

Giuliani suggested in his interview to The New York Times that the worker had told him that he is "going to kill women," a statement he says might have been a response to the Supreme Court's recent decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark decision that once protected a person's right to choose reproductive healthcare without excessive government restriction.

More from Trending

dog and cat snuggling together
Krista Mangulsone on Unsplash

Times Pet Owners 'Severely Underestimated' Their Pets' Intelligence

I've lived with cats—because no one owns a feline—most of my life. Some have been very clever creatures while others were real dingbats.

Family members have owned dogs whose talents also ran the gamut.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scott Bessent
Meet the Press/NBC News

Scott Bessent Blasted Over His Bonkers Suggestion For How To Bring Your Own Inflation Rate Down

Continuing to follow the example of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent appeared on Meet the Press Sunday to blame Democratic President Joe Biden for the financial downturn caused by Trump's tariff fiasco, then lied repeatedly about the state of the economy.

Meet the Press host Kristen Welker played a clip of MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance telling a conservative audience at a Breitbart News event that Americans owe the Trump administration "a little bit of patience"—apparently while they figure out what tariffs are and how they work since they're rolling back more of them to lower consumer prices despite claiming Trump's tariffs don't affect consumer prices.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lindsay Lohan attends the men's final during day fifteen of the 2025 US Open Tennis Championships at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Elsa/Getty Images

Lindsay Lohan Is Now Sporting A New Accent—And Fans Aren't Sure What To Make Of It

In a twist freakier than a sequel to Freaky Friday, Lindsay Lohan has debuted yet another new accent—this time at the Fashion Trust Arabia Awards in Doha, Qatar.

Draped in a maroon, jewel-trimmed gown by The New Arrivals Ilkyaz Ozel and accompanied by her husband, Bader Shammas, and their 2-year-old son, Luai, the actress looked serene, elegant, and completely unbothered by the collective whiplash she was about to inflict on the internet.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jameela Jamil
Gilbert Flores/Variety/Getty Images

Jameela Jamil Speaks Out Against The Rise Of The 'Aesthetic Of Emaciation' Among Women In Hollywood

Content Warning: eating disorders, thinness as an aesthetic, emaciation in Hollywood

There's no denying that we've been gifted with some incredible music, television shows, and films this year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Screenshot of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour 2"
Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP via Getty Images; New Line Cinema

Trump Is Now Using His Presidential Sway To Pressure Studio Into Making 'Rush Hour 4'—And, Huh?

President Trump has reportedly pressured Paramount head Larry Ellison to make another sequel to Rush Hour, his favorite buddy-cop movie, as the company looks to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery.

The first Rush Hour film, starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, was released in 1998, received positive reviews, and made $245 million worldwide. Chan and Tucker returned for two sequels released in 2001 and 2007 respectively.

Keep ReadingShow less