Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Kayleigh McEnany Left Stunned After Co-Host Says He Doesn't Support Canada's 'Freedom Convoy'

Kayleigh McEnany Left Stunned After Co-Host Says He Doesn't Support Canada's 'Freedom Convoy'
Fox News
Make us preferred on Google

Fox News contributor Kayleigh McEnany was left stunned after co-host, Ari Fleisher, revealed he doesn't support Canada's "Freedom Convoy," an ongoing protest led by Canadian truckers who've pushed back against COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

The convoy, comprised of a minority of the country's truckers who've retaliated after the United States and Canada agreed to COVID-19 vaccine requirements for truckers to re-enter the country by land, has continued to garner headlines amid concerns that organizers and groups have been involved with white nationalist contingents, QAnon, and other far-right groups.


While Fox News has continued to provide favorable coverage of the protest, Fleischer's statements represented a striking break from the network consensus.

You can watch what happened in the video below.

Ari Fleischer stuns Fox News hosts by stomping on Canada's 'Freedom Convoy' youtu.be

It all began after McEnany, who previously served as the White House Press Secretary under former President Donald Trump, offered a defense of the convoy and criticized COVID-19 vaccine requirements that she characterized as "Orwellian":

"The facts are important."
"These guys were essential workers, they couldn't have a supply shortage, they're driving their trucks across the border then all the sudden on Jan. 15 there's this new Orwellian restriction put in place and they're looking around, saying, did the science change?"
"Why Jan. 15 do we suddenly -- we're no longer essential?"

Fleischer, the former White House Press Secretary under George W. Bush, expressed sympathy for the truckers but made clear that he disagreed with their tactics, which he compared to those of Occupy Wall Street:

"I have a different take on this."
"I've been caught in enough New York City traffic snarls where I couldn't move for two hours because Occupy Wall Street took over all the streets in New York City -- many of the streets in New York City in certain areas."
"You don't have the right no matter how good your cause is to do that to your fellow citizens. I do not support blocking traffic, interfering with the mobility of other people, which includes their getting health care, their carrying out the things they need in life to be on time for."
"And so I oppose it whether it's Occupy Wall Street or a group I'm sympathetic toward. Good goals but bad tactics. I think you alienate more people by doing this." ...
"But these tactics backfire and I don't like them being done by anybody. Stay off the streets. Don't shut down the rights of other people to go where they need to go."

McEnany appeared visibly stunned and did not offer Fleischer a response.

Their exchange soon went viral, with many criticizing Fox News's coverage as well as McEnany's support for a movement that almost two-thirds of Canadians have said they oppose.



Fleisher's remarks came after news outlets reported that a Manitoba man trying to get his sister to the emergency room was trapped on the highway for more than an hour after it was blocked by members of the convoy.

The man ultimately did make it to the emergency room and had his sister admitted but the incident turned what is normally a five-minute drive into a 75-minute ordeal.

More from Trending

Dylan Gadeke; Christina Toni Kulusich and Disney performer
@dylangadeke/TikTok; @babytoni99/TikTok

Former Disneyland Peter Pan Defends Viral 'Peter Pan Girl' After She's Hit With Backlash For 'Stalking' Performers

So-called Disney Adults are a breed apart, for sure. But they also get more flak online than probably any other subculture out there.

And at the moment, nobody is bearing the brunt of that more than Christina Toni Kulusich, a Disney superfan and TikToker, who's become online-famous for her downright obsession with Peter Pan.

Keep Reading Show less
screenshot from "Jesse Watters Primetime"
Fox News

Jesse Watters Dragged After Sounding The Alarm Over Video Of Mamdani Speaking Mandarin

New York City Democratic Socialist Mayor Zohran Mamdani shared a message in English, Mandarin (Chinese), Spanish, and Bengali (Bangla) about his plan—in partnership with the nonprofit Theatre Development Fund—to give away over 2,000 free Broadway tickets to one of seven participating shows.

Open to high school students in his city, sign-up began on August 13 for the lottery that will give kids an opportunity to experience the arts. The entry period ended on August 17 and winners will be chosen on September 1.

Keep Reading Show less
Nancy Mace
Heather Diehl/Getty Images

Nancy Mace Called Out For Her Blatant Hypocrisy After Claiming Critics Of Her Tattoos Are 'Out Of Control'

South Carolina Republican Representative Nancy Mace was called out for her own hypocrisy after she complained that conservative critics of her tattoos are "out of control."

Mace recently showed off her heavily tattooed arms for the first time in a series of new videos. She revealed in a February interview with Politico that she had gotten nine tattoos, but had previously kept them hidden, typically wearing long sleeves whenever she appeared in photographs.

Keep Reading Show less
Screenshot of Scott Jennings; Jon Ossoff
CNN; Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Scott Jennings Tried To Call Out Jon Ossoff For His 'Sexist Joke' About Trump's Young Aide—And It Didn't Go Well For Him

Conservative CNN commentator Scott Jennings was reminded of President Donald Trump's own misogyny after attacking Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff over his remarks about Trump's relationship with his aide Natalie Harp.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep Reading Show less
Alyson Stoner (left) tearfully remembers their late Kingdom Hearts co-star Hayden Panettiere (right).
@alysonstoner/Instagram; Jamie McCarthy/WireImage

'Kingdom Hearts' Star Breaks Down In Tears Over Co-Star Hayden Panettiere's Death In Heart-Wrenching Video

Hayden Panettiere’s death is weighing heavily on Alyson Stoner, who tearfully remembered the actor.

Panettiere died at age 36 after being found unresponsive on August 16 in Greenville, South Carolina. Authorities responded to a 911 call involving an apparent “overdose” and “cardiac arrest,” though police found no signs of foul play. Her death remains under investigation.

Keep Reading Show less