Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Ted Cruz Demands Probe Into Anheuser-Busch's Dylan Mulvaney Deal: It's Like 'Joe The Camel'

Fox News screenshot of Ted Cruz speaking out against Dylan Mulvaney, represented in Instagram footage
Fox News

Ted Cruz sent the CEO of Anheuser-Busch a letter asking them to cut ties with Dylan Mulvaney after Bud Light influencer deal.

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz has initiated a Senate investigation into his allegations that Anheuser-Busch, the popular beer company, targets underage consumers in its marketing campaigns.

Cruz, along with Tennessee Republican Senator Marsha Blackburn penned a letter to Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth, urging the company to "sever its relationship" with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney and apologize for allegedly "marketing alcoholic beverages to minors."


In the letter, Cruz and Blackburn called on the Beer Institute, chaired by Whitworth, to conduct its own investigation into the matter. They proposed that Anheuser-Busch could avoid a prolonged inquiry by publicly dissociating from Mulvaney and expressing remorse for any potential wrongdoing.

By taking these actions, the senators implied that the investigation could be avoided altogether, raising questions about the true intentions behind their request.

Cruz further promoted his stance on Fox and Friends on Thursday, finding a receptive audience to amplify his concerns, which he suggested mirrors the pushback against Joe Camel, an advertising mascot used by the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company for their cigarette brand Camel.

You can hear what Cruz said in the video below.

Cruz said:

"I can’t think of a company in modern times that has more alienated its customer base and had so little understanding of who it is who actually drinks Bud Light. This week I sent a letter to the CEO of Anheuser-Busch, along with Senator Marsha Blackburn, because the CEO of Anheuser-Busch is also the CEO or the chairman of the Beer Institute."
"The regulatory body, the industry regulatory that regulates itself and one of the rules that beer companies are supposed to follow is that they’re not supposed to market to kids. Remember the whole Joe the Camel thing? Same thing here."
"Well, a massive percentage of Dylan Mulvaney’s audience are kids and Budweiser was trying, I believe, with this ill-fated marketing attempt to target teenagers... These are things clearly aimed at teenagers and children younger than teenagers."

Cruz and Blackburn highlighted Mulvaney's appearance in an Instagram post promoting Bud Light during March Madness, in which she showcased a personalized can featuring her likeness.

Mulvaney, a 26-year-old actor who gained a significant following on TikTok by documenting her transition, found herself at the center of a conservative backlash and subsequent boycott, causing a decline in Bud Light sales.

Cruz and Blackburn took issue with the title of Mulvaney's TikTok series, "Days of Girlhood," and her use of the word "girl" in her content, choosing to misgender her throughout their letter. They argued that this choice, along with other aspects of her online presence, specifically targeted and attracted a young audience that falls "below the legal drinking age."

The investigation initiated by Cruz raises questions about the motivations and validity of the allegations.

Critics argue that the senators' focus on Mulvaney's content and association with Anheuser-Busch seems to be driven by political posturing rather than genuine concern for underage drinking.

Many have condemned Cruz's actions.



Anheuser-Busch's partnership has for nearly two months drawn criticism from bigoted social media users who've called for a boycott of the brand and its parent company.

Last month, musician Kid Rock sparked outrage on social media after posting a video of himself shooting cases of Bud Light beer in protest against the company's collaboration with Mulvaney.

Anheuser-Busch has defended its collaboration with Mulvaney, stating the personalized can was sent as a "gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public."

The company also said it works with "hundreds of influencers" across its brands "as one of many ways to connect with audiences across various demographics."

More from News/lgbtq

Keith Ervin
WJHL/YouTube

Tennessee High Schooler Rips Into 'Cowards' On School Board For Not Firing Colleague Who Called Her 'Hot' In Scathing Takedown

A Tennessee community is in an uproar after a school board member has been allowed to keep his job after making an inappropriate comment to a high schooler.

Washington County high schooler Hannah Campbell delivered a scathing takedown of board member Keith Ervin, who called her "hot" during a public meeting in April.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Trump Claims The White House Was 'A Sh*t House' When He Moved Back In—And Everyone Had The Same Response

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump has made significant, controversial changes to the White House since he took up residence for his second term on January 20, 2025.

The renovations in just over one year include installing pavers to replace the grass in the Rose Garden, adding gold decor throughout the building and especially in the Oval Office, renovating the Lincoln bathroom to add marble and more gold fixtures, adding gold signs for White House features like it's one of Trump's resorts, hanging a plethora of massive portraits of himself in gaudy gold frames, and demolishing the entire East Wing of the building to erect a self-described monument to himself, an unpopular golden ballroom that will dwarf the rest of the building.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump Mobile phone; Screenshot of Trump supporter complaining about Trump Mobile
Joe Raedle/Getty Images; @codenamesteev/TikTok

MAGA Melts Down Hard After Learning They May Never Get Their 'Trump Mobile' Phones—Or Their Deposits Back

MAGA fans who signed up to get Trump Mobile T1 phones nearly a year ago are furious after learning there's no guarantee they'll ever get the phones they put down deposits for—and that these same deposits are now being described as merely a "conditional opportunity."

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
UChicago Institute of Politics/YouTube

People Are Applauding AOC's Refreshing Take On Her Political 'Ambition' After She Was Called Out As A 'Likely 2028 Presidential Candidate'

When asked about her future political ambitions during an appearance at the Institute of Politics at the University of Chicago, New York Democratic Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was notably candid, saying her "ambition is to change this country," as she ripped a Washington Post editorial that tried to knock her down a peg for her take on the morality of billionaires.

The progressive is not currently considered the frontrunner in early 2028 Democratic primary polling but some surveys suggest she has already emerged as a serious contender in what is expected to be a crowded field.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chelsea Handler unleashed one of the night’s most brutal roasts on Tony Hinchcliffe during Netflix’s The Roast of Kevin Hart.
Netflix / The Roast of Kevin Hart

Chelsea Handler Destroys MAGA Comedian With Hilariously Brutal Jokes At Kevin Hart's Roast—And We're Cheering

Chelsea Handler brought the heat to Netflix’s The Roast of Kevin Hart Sunday night, and Tony Hinchcliffe ended up taking some of the night’s most brutal hits.

Handler wasted little time zeroing in on Hinchcliffe, the controversial comedian who has repeatedly sparked backlash over jokes about George Floyd and Puerto Rico. She delivered a string of savage punchlines that left the audience roaring while the comic sat visibly unimpressed.

Keep ReadingShow less