World Kindness Day is today. It’s an international holiday that celebrates those who give back to others without expecting anything back in return. This holiday was created in 1988 by the World Kindness Movement with the goal of encouraging people around the world to look past boundaries to be kind to one another. Anyone can participate in World Kindness Day 2017 by taking a moment to be kind to people you come in contact with throughout the day.
Looking for World Kindness Day ideas to celebrate? Here are five random acts of kindness to try today:
1. Buy coffee for the person behind you in line. When you’re stopping at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts this morning, offer to pay for the person behind you in line. This World Kindness Day ideas to celebrate is fun because people often choose to pay it backward, creating a chain of kindness in the morning.
2. Send an email to a co-worker sharing how grateful you are for their efforts. Brighten up your coworkers day by pointing out the great job they did on a recent project or that you’re grateful they always make another pot of coffee when they take the last cup.
3. Leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford. When you head out to lunch with your coworkers this afternoon, pool together to leave your server a tip they won’t forget. You never know the ripples of kindness that might happen from that one random act of kindness.
4. Smile at a stranger. Seriously, how many times do you walk down the street lost in thought with a frown on your face? Take the time to smile at the people who cross your path. These random acts of kindness are free and could brighten the day of many people.
5. Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office or apartment building. These notes can have inspirational quotes or sayings to make those around you smile. If you’re feeling really generous, you could attach a few dollars to the notes and ask those who find them to pay it forward when they can.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.