Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Olivia Wilde Just Got A Mystery Envelope While On Stage—It Was Legal Papers From Ex Jason Sudeikis

Olivia Wilde Just Got A Mystery Envelope While On Stage—It Was Legal Papers From Ex Jason Sudeikis
Greg Doherty/Getty Images; Rich Fury/Getty Images
Make us preferred on Google

Actor and director Olivia Wilde was supposed to be at the annual film industry trade show CinemaCon to introduce her new movie Don't Worry Darling to thousands of Hollywood colleagues and press.

Instead, she got served with custody papers—onstage.


While Wilde was on the conference's stage at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas a man suddenly appeared beside her with an envelope, immediately sending tongues wagging as attendees suspected she'd just been served with a lawsuit, as seen below.

Wilde initially seemed to think it was an unsolicited and poorly timed screenplay submission, momentarily thrown off course from her Don't Worry Darling presentation.

Glancing down at the envelope marked "Personal and Confidential," she said:

"This is for me, right? Very mysterious. I’m going to open it now. Is this a script?"

After opening the envelope and glancing at its contents she simply said, "Ok got it, thank you" before gamely continuing on with her presentation like a true professional.

"OK, got it. Thank you."

As industry news site Deadline quickly figured out, the envelope contained custody papers from Wilde's former partner, Ted Lasso actor Jason Sudeikis.

Wilde and Sudeikis never married but have two children together, and split in late 2020. Wilde has since been dating her Don't Worry Darling star Harry Styles.

The film, Wilde's second feature after her 2019 directorial debut Booksmart, is a psychological thriller starring Styles, Florence Pugh, Chris Pine, KiKi Layne, Nick Kroll and Gemma Chan.

The film is said to have been one of the most hotly anticipated films to be presented at CinemaCon, formerly known as ShoWest, the entertainment industry's largest gathering of movie theater owners and executives each year.

But the "mystery envelope" quickly overshadowed any other news from CinemaCon--especially since Wilde's relationship with Styles is rumored to have been the cause of her split with Sudeikis.

And, naturally, Twitter immediately gave the incident the meme treatment.






As for Sudeikis, a source from his camp told Variety he had no prior knowledge Wilde would be served in "such an inappropriate manner," pointing out that the location at which the papers were served is determined by the process servers charged with contacting Wilde.

More from Entertainment/tv-and-movies

Screenshots of Tim Pool and Mason
Surrounded/Jubilee

Right-Wing Podcaster Storms Off Debate Show Set After Being Epically Called Out For Grifting Off Of 'Civil War' Claims

Right-wing podcaster Tim Pool was widely mocked after storming off the set of the debate series Surrounded when he was grilled over his constant claims that the United States is tracking towards a "civil war."

Pool recently appeared in Jubilee’s series, where progressive commentator Mason challenged his repeated warnings that the U.S. could be heading toward a “civil war.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Scrreenshot of Jon Ossoff; Donald Trump and Natalie Harp
@Acyn/X; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Jon Ossoff Rips Trump During Speech With Brutal Dig About His Problematic Relationship With Fawning Young Aide

Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff took aim at President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his young aide Natalie Harp during a campaign speech on Sunday.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Donald Trump and John Teichert
Fox News

Trump Just Threatened To 'Bomb The Sh*t Out Of' Oman—And Even Fox News Is Flabbergasted

Even Fox News is stunned after President Donald Trump threatened to "bomb the sh*t out of" Oman if the country "gets in the way" of talks between the U.S. and Iran.

Trump’s remarks came amid stalled U.S.-Iran negotiations and separate talks between Iran and Oman over how commercial shipping could resume through the Strait of Hormuz. Fox News correspondent Trey Yingst reported that Trump warned the U.S. would attack Oman if it interfered with American efforts, though Fox did not release audio of the interview.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump speaking at rally
@Acyn/X

MAGA Rally Crowd Applauds After Trump Says He'll 'Never Apologize' For Higher Gas Prices In Surreal Viral Video

President Donald Trump was met with applause from supporters in a surreal moment at a MAGA rally on Long Island, New York, after he told attendees he'd "never apologize" for higher gas costs due to his war with Iran.

A recent Gallup poll found that 55 percent of respondents felt their finances were worsening, a level of pessimism exceeding that seen during both the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. This comes as the highly unpopular war in Iran continues to rage, sending gas prices surging. Americans have spent an additional $59 billion on fuel since Trump launched the war.

Keep ReadingShow less