Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Former George W. Bush Strategist Causes a Stir by Calling Capitol Riots 'Worse Than 9/11'

Former George W. Bush Strategist Causes a Stir by Calling Capitol Riots 'Worse Than 9/11'
MSNBC

The Capitol Riots of January 6—in which pro-Trump extremists stormed the United States Capitol to undo the results of an American election—will forever live in infamy.

Motivated by former President Donald Trump's lies about the validity of the 2020 election, rioters shattered windows, smeared excrement across the walls, ransacked offices, and called for the execution of any lawmaker they saw as disloyal to Trump.


It was the culmination of four years filled with pettiness, disinformation, and indoctrination that prompted the first siege of the Capitol by its own citizens in United States history.

Months after the attack, Congress attempted to pass a bill establishing a bipartisan commission investigating the riots, similar to what was done after the devastating September 11 attacks. Sadly, this legislation failed to pass, thanks to a filibuster imposed by Republicans. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California has since opted to establish a select committee in the House.

But it's Congress' inaction that—according to a strategist for former President George W. Bush's 2004 reelection effort—made the Capitol Riots even "worse than 9/11."

Watch below.

In an interview with MSNBC's Joy Reid, Matthew Dowd said he was reflecting on Abraham Lincoln's warning that America would be destroyed from the inside.

He said:

"Because there's been no accountability, it's given permission to do more of this. ... [Lincoln's warning] is what I fear about right now. ... What would happen if after 9/11 we had done nothing? ...To me, though there was less loss of life on January 6th, January 6th was worse than 9/11 because it's continued to rip our country apart and give permission for people to pursue autocratic means. And so I think we're at a much worse place than we've been."

Some agreed with Dowd.








Others were disgusted by the claim.



The opinion certainly proved divisive.

More from News

Reverend Jesse Jackson leads children in his empowering “I Am Somebody” chant during a 1972 appearance on Sesame Street.
Courtesy of PBS

'Sesame Street' Shares Sweet Throwback Clip Of Late Rev. Jesse Jackson Empowering Kids With 'I Am Somebody' Chant

Reverend Jesse Jackson’s iconic “I Am Somebody” declaration once again resonated with audiences of all ages when Sesame Street revisited a 1972 episode featuring the civil rights leader reciting the poem with young viewers.

In the clip, a 31-year-old Jackson stands on the show’s familiar brownstone stoop, his Afro softly rounded beneath the studio lights. He wears a purple, white, and black striped shirt and a gold medallion bearing a high-relief profile of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a tribute resting squarely over his heart.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Kid Rock working out
@SecKennedy/X

RFK Jr. Posts Bonkers Video Working Out Shirtless In Jeans With Kid Rock—And The Internet Can't

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. had people rolling their eyes after he shared his new "Rock Out Work Out" video promoting the Make America Healthy Again (MAGA) movement that features him and far-right singer Kid Rock working out shirtless and hanging out together.

At one point during the oddball video, the two men are shown drinking whole milk in a pool, a decision that follows the release of new federal dietary guidelines under the Trump administration that encourage consumption of full-fat dairy. Kennedy has even previously shared a video of himself drinking a glass of whole milk as a flex, footage that was amplified by the White House.

Keep ReadingShow less

U.S. Figure Skater Amber Glenn Had The Best Response After Getting Surprise Video Message From Madonna

Team USA's Amber Glenn skated an incredible, gold-winning short program to Madonna's "Like a Prayer" at the 2026 Olympics.

Glenn performed a seemingly flawless program, perfectly blending personal style and expected technique through her combinations, corkscrews, and interacting with the crowd.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Woody Harrelson; Donald Trump
@implausibleblog/X; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Woody Harrelson Says What We're All Thinking About 'Son Of A B*tch' Trump In Resurfaced Red Carpet Interview

Actor Woody Harrelson referred to President Donald Trump as a "son of a b*tch" during the first Trump administration, and those remarks have resurfaced as Trump faces more and more criticism from high-profile figures amid the nationwide immigration crackdown and human rights abuses committed by ICE.

Harrelson is a self-described anarchist who previously backed Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy's independent bid for the presidency. But he isn't necessarily a fan of Trump's, as evidenced by prior remarks he made that resurfaced on Reddit.

Keep ReadingShow less
Mehcad Brooks (left) and James Van Der Beek (right) are pictured prior to Van Der Beek’s death in February 2026.
Kristina Bumphrey/Variety via Getty Images; Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Close Friend Of James Van Der Beek Slams Critics Of His Family's GoFundMe In Scathing Post

When critics began questioning why a GoFundMe had been launched for James Van Der Beek’s family, actor Mehcad Brooks came ready with a response.

Van Der Beek died February 11 at age 48 following a battle with stage 3 colorectal cancer. In the days after his death, a GoFundMe page organized by family friends was created to support his wife, Kimberly Van Der Beek, and their six children, who organizers said were facing “an uncertain future.”

Keep ReadingShow less