Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Father of Florida School Shooting Survivor Admits to Doctoring Emails to Make CNN Appear Biased During Town Hall

Father of Florida School Shooting Survivor Admits to Doctoring Emails to Make CNN Appear Biased During Town Hall
Photo Credit: CBS Miami

Another nonsense Parkland conspiracy theory debunked.

The father of a survivor of the Valentine's Day massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida has admitted to editing an email he forwarded to news outlets regarding his son's desire to give a speech at last week's town hall.


Glenn Haab, father of senior Colton Haab, told the Associated Press that while he omitted some words in his email, he did not do so with malicious intent.

Father Of Florida Shooting Survivor Admits He Altered Email From CNN

www.huffingtonpost.com

According to Glenn Haab, his son Colton skipped last week's Florida town hall due to claims that CNN, which hosted the event, had allegedly fed questions to Colton in advance. Haab forwarded an email between Colton and CNN to Huffington Post and Fox News with intentionally omitted words, which made the email appear to corroborate these false claims.

Colton had submitted a speech in advance of the town hall to CNN, but his father's omissions made it appear as though CNN had fed Colton questions instead. Colton's original intent was to give a speech at the town hall, but CNN made it clear that only short questions were appropriate so that all those who wanted to participate would have time to do so.

Giphy

"He told AP that there was 'nothing malicious behind' his decision to leave out certain words. But the omitted words show that CNN was clearly asking his son to stick to asking the question he had already submitted," the Huffington Post reported on Tuesday.

Mr. Hobb, a Republican and registered gun owner, helped spark rumors that the town hall was slanted in favor of gun control advocates. Colton helped save several of his classmates' lives during the shooting, but because of the doctored email, decided to skip the event.

Giphy

The story inspired President Donald Trump to chide CNN on Twitter, despite the total fallacy of the story.

CNN later released the transcripts of the original emails, which completely quashed yet another conspiracy theory being lobbed against survivors of the Parkland, Florida shooting.

Giphy

Twitter users had some opinions on this matter and offered blistering criticism of Mr. Hobb.

Gay_Emu described Haab's actions as "disgusting behavior" that was used as an excuse to "to push his pro gun agenda by doctoring emails and sending them to allied news outlets."

Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson promoted the fake story, and as Milkshakes ATRP points out, "ruined the Haab kid's life by believing his father who had altered emails."

More from People/donald-trump

Shot of a group of signs from ice protests.
Photo by Nitish Meena on Unsplash

Family Of ICE Agents Explain How They Really Feel About Their Relative's Job

People need jobs, but some jobs might not be worth the personal loss.

How do we all deal with loved ones who sign up for something we vehemently disagree with?

Keep ReadingShow less
Sabrina Carpenter
John Shearer/The Recording Academy/Getty Images

Video Of Sabrina Carpenter's Reaction To Losing All Six Grammys She Was Nominated For Has Fans Gutted For Her

Sabrina Carpenter has been in her winning era for the last few years, but it seems the Grammys did not get that memo this year.

Carpenter fans were excited and confident that the Man's Best Friend singer would take it all home when she was nominated in six categories for the evening, including Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Solo Pop Performance, and Best Music Video.

Keep ReadingShow less
Paul Mescal (left) and a young Paul McCartney (right) are shown side by side as fans react to Mescal’s striking resemblance.
Max Cisotti/Dave Benett/Getty Images for Focus Features; Universal Images Group via Getty Images

People Can't Believe How Much Paul Mescal Looks Like Paul McCartney In First Look At New Beatles Biopics

Sony Pictures has unveiled the first official look at its ambitious project The Beatles — A Four-Film Cinematic Event, and fans are already doing double takes—especially when it comes to Paul Mescal’s striking transformation into a young Paul McCartney.

On Friday, the studio released images of Mescal, Joseph Quinn, Barry Keoghan, and Harris Dickinson portraying McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, and John Lennon, respectively, ahead of the films’ planned April 2028 release. Directed by Sam Mendes, the project will consist of four interconnected biopics, each told from the perspective of a different Beatle.

Keep ReadingShow less
Catherine O'Hara and Macaulay Culkin
Anna Webber/Variety/Getty Images

Macaulay Culkin Shares Heartbreaking Tribute To 'Mama' Catherine O'Hara After Her Death At 71

After learning that Catherine O'Hara tragically passed away at the age of 71, Macaulay Culkin may have said best what we've all been feeling since: that we thought we had more time.

Arguably one of Macaulay Culkin's biggest roles in his career was that of the young Kevin McCallister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York alongside his on-screen mom, Catherine O'Hara, playing the part of Kate McCallister, who would do anything to reunite with her son... both times.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jason Thompson appears in screenshots from his Facebook post showing himself at a snow-covered USPS facility.
Screenshots via Jason Thompson / Facebook

Postal Worker Suspended After Calling Out USPS For Dangerous Working Conditions During Snowstorm

This past week, large portions of the Northeast were buried under two to three feet of snow, forcing businesses to close, schools to shut down, and mail service to slow—except, according to one Ohio postal worker, at his facility.

Jason Thompson, a Cincinnati mail carrier with more than two decades on the job, says he was suspended without pay after he raised safety concerns about working conditions during a historic winter storm that slammed the region January 24–25. The storm affected 24 states and more than 200 million people, bringing dangerous cold and record snowfall to the Cincinnati area.

Keep ReadingShow less