Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump Was Never Asked To Throw Out First Pitch At Yankees Game Before Canceling, NY Times Reports

Trump Was Never Asked To Throw Out First Pitch At Yankees Game Before Canceling, NY Times Reports
Drew Angerer/Getty Images

President Donald Trump has told over 20 thousand lies since his inauguration, so report's of Trump's latest lie may not come as a surprise.

The President announced last week that he'd be throwing the first pitch for the New York Yankees on August 15. By Monday, the President announced on Twitter that he was too busy with his pandemic response—which he erroneously called the "China Virus"—to throw out the pitch on the expected date.


Many assumed that the President—who spent the weekend golfing—wasn't actually too busy with his pandemic response, but rather vindictive at the New York Yankees, which saw two players kneel during the National Anthem in a July 23 game.

As it turns out, there was reportedly no invitation to throw out the pitch at all.

According to the New York Times, the President was envious of attention toward National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases director Dr. Anthony Fauci—one of the most trusted voices among the pandemic—throwing out the pitch at a Washington Nationals game earlier this month.

The New York Times reported:

"Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci's turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from [Yankees president] Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized."

After he made the announcement, White House aides reportedly rushed to confirm with Yankees reps that Trump could indeed throw out the pitch on the apparent date.

Before the confirmation could be reached, Trump had already canceled.

People weren't exactly surprised that Trump pulled the first pitch out of thin air.





People immediately mocked him with announcements of their own.




The President hasn't yet provided an alternative date for the possible pitch.

More from News

Donald Trump holding photos of White House ballroom
Salwan Georges/The Washington Post via Getty Images

CNN Just Used A Hilarious Poll To Show Just How Unpopular Trump's Ballroom Is—And We're Cackling

After President Donald Trump claimed that his new White House ballroom is "very popular" with the American public, CNN shared a hilariously shady poll that gets to the truth of the matter.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @devynnehaddoxx's TikTok video
@devynnehaddoxx/TikTok

Woman In Labor Times How Long Her Husband Takes To Poop To See If She Can Push Their Baby Out Faster In Hilarious Viral Video

It's well-known across the internet that it takes forever for men to use the restroom. For dads especially, in the time it takes them to poop, when they return to the house, their kids will have aged seven years, and their baby will have learned to walk.

These are jokes, of course, but it's an internet consensus that men spend a really long time on the porcelain throne.

Keep ReadingShow less
David Letterman (left) has continued defending Stephen Colbert (right) as CBS faces backlash over canceling The Late Show.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images; Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images

David Letterman Rips 'Lying Weasels' At CBS For Claiming Colbert Was Canceled For Financial Reasons In Epic Takedown

David Letterman isn’t staying quiet about CBS canceling The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. As Colbert’s run comes to an end later this month, the former late-night host is publicly challenging the network’s claim that the decision was purely financial.

Letterman, who hosted The Late Show from 1993 until stepping down in 2015, addressed the controversy during a new interview with New York Times journalist Jason Zinoman.

Keep ReadingShow less
Antonia Eastwood; Gemma Monk
Antonia Eastwood/MSN; Cover Images

Woman Speaks Out After Prison Sentence To Reveal What Led Her To Hurl Black Paint At Sister-In-Law On Her Wedding Day

In early 2024, 49-year-old Antonia Eastwood married Ashley Monk after about five months of dating. During the ceremony, Antonia tripped while walking down the aisle.

Antonia and Ashley were both suspicious that she did not trip accidentally and that Ashley's sister, Gemma, actually tripped her. Gemma and Antonia were not close, and the couple also believed that Gemma might be jealous that they were marrying after five months, though she'd been with her childhood sweetheart for 20 years without tying the knot.

Keep ReadingShow less
Billie Eilish on 'Good Hang'
Good Hang with Amy Poehler/YouTube

Billie Eilish's Refreshingly Blunt Take On Aging And 'Botched' Plastic Surgery Has Fans Nodding Hard

You know what they say: the grass is greener on the other side. Most people want something that they don't have.

While many people right now are fixated on appearing younger than their age, Billie Eilish—who already looks younger than her age—is looking forward to what comes next.

Keep ReadingShow less