Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Bill Murray Admits He Was Cause Of Film Shoot's Shutdown: 'It's Been Quite An Education For Me'

Bill Murray Admits He Was Cause Of Film Shoot's Shutdown: 'It's Been Quite An Education For Me'
CNBC Television/YouTube

Bill Murray is speaking out in the wake of his latest film Being Mortal being shut down amidst allegations of inappropriate behavior leveled by a woman involved with the production.

During an appearance on CNBC, Murray acknowledged that he was the cause of the production shutdown, which happened two weeks ago.


Murray declined to go into specifics, but said the movie's studio, Fox Searchlight, did "the right thing" by shutting down and investigating the incident.

See Murray talk about the situation below.

youtu.be

In the interview, Murray described an altercation between him and the unnamed woman that he characterized as a "difference of opinion," which he admits he handled improperly.

He told CNBC:

"I did something I thought was funny and it wasn’t taken that way."
"The movie studio wanted to do the right thing so they wanted to check it all out, investigate it and so they stopped the production."

Murray went on to say that he and the woman are talking through their issues and working to come to a reconciliation.

"We’re both professionals. We like each other’s work."
"We like each other I think and if you can’t really get along and trust each other, there’s no point in going further working together or making a movie as well."

And he owned he hasn't kept up with the way mores have changed, suggesting that issue was central to the conflict.

"The world is different than it was when I was a little kid.
"What I always thought was funny as a little kid isn’t necessarily the same as what’s funny now."
"Things change and the times change so it’s important for me to figure it out."

On Twitter, some applauded Murray for owning up to the incident.


But others were not impressed, and were glad that Murray is facing consequences for what they allege is a history of sexually inappropriate treatment of women.





The film also stars Seth Rogen, Keke Palmer and Aziz Ansari, who also wrote and is directing. It is unknown if the film will resume production.

More from Entertainment/tv-and-movies

Offset and Cardi B
Catherine Powell/Getty Images for MTV

Rapper Offset Is Getting Dragged Hard After Blaming His Divorce On Cardi B Not Cooking For Him

Rapper Offset is facing public pushback after trying to shade his ex, Cardi B, with lyrics about her not cooking for him—like it's 1925 instead of 2025.

Leading up to the release of the song "Move On," Offset told the Associated Press:

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

'The Daily Show' Epically Drags MAGA's American Flag Obsession With Hilariously NSFW Parody Ad

The Daily Show had people cackling after it skewered President Donald Trump and his MAGA followers over their obsession with the American flag with a parody ad for the "Trump Love Flag" that calls for people to not "desecrate, just fornicate."

Trump on Monday signed an executive order directing federal prosecutors to pursue criminal charges against people who burn American flags during protests.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of JB Pritzker; Donald Trump
Chicago Live; Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

Pritzker Perfectly Claps Back After Trump Tells Him To 'Spend More Time At The Gym'

Illinois Governor JB Pritzker issued the perfect response to President Donald Trump after Trump said Pritzker "ought to spend more time at the gym"—quite the laugh coming from a man who isn't in shape himself.

Pritzker's weight has long been the subject of attacks—Trump has previously said Pritzker was “too busy eating” to lead his state—and Trump added his latest insult to the mix while complaining about Democratic governors who've pushed back against his plans to deploy military troops into their states.

Keep ReadingShow less
Karoline Leavitt
Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Gets Brutal Reminder After Making Brazen Claim About Trump's 'Transparency'

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt had people rolling their eyes after she took to X to claim that President Donald Trump is the "most transparent and accessible" president in history.

Leavitt made the claim in response to a tweet from White House correspondent Philip Wegmann, who writes for the conservative news site RealClearPolitics, one of the right-wing news outlets accredited by the White House as part of a larger shake-up intended to counter "liberal news narratives."

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Brooke Sutton/Getty Images

Trump Had A Shockingly Normal Reaction To Travis And Taylor's Engagement—And He's Getting Roasted Alive For It

President Donald Trump was widely mocked for his surprisingly supportive reaction to the news that Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce and musician Taylor Swift are engaged to be married.

In a post on Instagram, Swift announced that “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married,” sharing photos of Kelce kneeling on one knee before her in a flower-filled garden.

Keep ReadingShow less